shape
carat
color
clarity

Superbowl Snacks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
OK what kind of snacks and easy food are you making for the superbowl?....i need some easy ideas and yummy recipes---i've given myself a superbowl sunday pass to eat like a pig
9.gif

Giada

Shiny_Rock
A mainstay for all of our Superbowl parties is the "Football Dip".

It''s a bit like queso, but a little more sophisticated.

1 lb. Owens Hot Sausage (1 chub)
2 boxes Philly Cream Cheese
1 can Rotel
Fresh Minced Garlic, to taste (I normally use 2-3 small cloves)
Freshly ground salt & pepper to taste

Brown the sausage in a large skillet until fully cooked, breaking apart with spatula as it cooks.
Add remaining ingredients and heat through.

Serve warm with tortilla chips.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love me some superbowl nachos!! i found some great recipes online last year...but basically it''s just your option of chips (i like blue chips for color), shredded 2% cheddar cheese, can of refried beans, can of sliced black olives, low-fat sour cream, and some yummy jarred salsa. heat up the beans in the microwave, prepare a big bed of chips on a bowl, layer the beans over the chips...then sprinkle cheese over the hot beans, add black olives sprinkled all over, then put on small dabs of sour cream at about 4-5 points on the plate as well as the same thing with salsa. sprinkle sliced jalapenos around as well or serve them on the side for people to add. if you want to you can also add in some cooked lean ground beef flavored with taco seasoning or something similar. but i like mine veggie just as well. you can also use monterey jack instead of cheddar.

this year for my friend''s party i am making grandma''s famous 7 layer dip (i''m having her write it all down for me!!)...and on the menu are tamales, salsa and chips, gaucamole and chips, sausage queso with chips, my dip...white yummy sangria and various other goodies i can''t recall. yum.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are two of my absolute easiest, and yummiest.
18.gif

Daffodil Dip

1/2 c. mayo (real)
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. chopped parsley (I just put a good sprinkle of dried instead)
2 Tbsp. minced onion
1 clove garlic minced, or more if you like (I use the already minced in the jar)
dash pepper
1 hardboiled egg

Soften cream ch. Meantime, cut egg in half, seperate white and yolk, finely chop both, keeping seperate.

Mix all but chopped yolk, put in serving dish. Sprinkle top with yolk. Serve with wheat thins.

Careful, it''s addicting....

Crab Dip on Sourdough

1/2 c. mayo (real)
1/2 c. canned Parmesan cheese
2 green onions, chopped
6 oz. can crabmeat

Drain crab, mix all. Let sit at least 12 hours, better as time goes. You could do it up to 2 days ahead.

Serve with whatever form of sourdough bread/baguettes you like. I get the long, slender loaves, and slice semi thin to go with.

Enjoy!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
My husband is making his famous Cuban burgers for our main course. (he''s not Cuban...half Persian, actually...go figure)

Anyhow, they are verrrry high in calories, so we only have them once in a blue moon.

The recipe is from Bobby Flay:

1 pound ground chuck
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup best quality mayonnaise
3 cloves roasted garlic, pureed
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
4 hamburger buns
4 slices thinly sliced smoked ham
8 slices thinly sliced Swiss cheese
2 dill pickles, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
Form the meat into 4 (1/4-inch thick) burgers. Season the meat with salt and pepper on both sides and cook in a saute pan over high heat to medium doneness, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Combine the mayonnaise and roasted garlic in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread both sides of each bun with mayonnaise and mustard.
Place a slice of cheese on the bottom portion of each bun, place the burger on top of the cheese, then top the burger with a slice of ham then another slice of cheese then the pickle slices. Place the tops of the bun over the pickles and cook on a sandwich press or wrap the burgers in aluminum foil and cook in a hot skillet over high heat with a heavy skillet placed on top of the burger to press the sandwich. Cook until golden brown and cheese has melted

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results