shape
carat
color
clarity

SUPER SAD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
So C gave me, one of his moms ring as a promise ring to me. Well the ring is barely a 6 and i wear an 8.5.Well, they couldnt resize my promise ring, and they lost the diamond in it and replaced it with a fake one that doesnt shine as bright, and they could find the little dimaond so i have to be happy with this one. Am i overreacting. I mean its not the same
39.gif

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
They owe you what they lost, not a fake. I would be very upset at poor workmanship.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
No...you''re not over reacting. This is complete BS. You need to get another diamond from them pronto--even if they have to order it. If they give you any static, start talking about lawyers, the BBB...I promise they will change their tune. Then, find someone who is actually willing to do the work...period.

I am sorry this happened...but stand up for yourself and the ring.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I agree, this is BS. Put your foot down on this and stand up for yourself. They owe you a diamond, not a fake.

I''m sick of hearing of people being messes around by jewlers. Be persistant, they are in the wrong and have to fix it!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
i agree with what all the ladies said. your bf giving you his mom''s ring as a promise ring is so sentimental...i''m so sorry this happened. it makes my blood boil when i hear about people being taken advantage of and the criminals getting away with it.
29.gif
take some action and let them know that they can''t get away with something like this!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
You're totally not over-reacting!

I would be furious if someone replaced a stone that had sentimental value (or any stone, but double angry because it's one that has all that meaning) with a crummy fake. I'm so sorry this happened to you!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ladies...i am going to go back to the place on my lunch break and speak with the manager and get my stone replaced. It doesnt mean as much because its not his moms now, but i do want something as precious. I asked the jeweler to look in the bag it was in, and he said o, i threw it away, i dont know where it is. Arrrgggghhhh, i mean, seriously, come on. Than he replaced it with the fake, like it was okay, but it doesnt shine as much as the last one. The last one, was tiny, but it had so much sparkle, when the sun hit it the right way it gave off so much color and light. Im super sad, espically since this is the first ring C has given me. I so dont know what to do or say to them tommorow. I was going to go to them for my E-ring, because they do custom work, but i am not now. Good thing i know someone who is very close with a custom jewerler.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If a jeweler truly lost a little diamond out of a ring that they were working on, they''d tear the place apart looking for it! How DARE they replace it with a CZ???

Get your tush back over there, and tell them they have 24 hours to make it right before you contact the police and file a theft report.
29.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
a diamond is a diamond no matter how small it may be...They absolutely need to replace the stone with a stone of equal value...and no matter what they may tell you a CZ is not equal to a diamond.

Please raise h*ll at this place...what they did was not ok. Mistakes happen but they need to be rectified to the customers satisfaction and obviously that did not happen. They owe you a diamond plain and simple.

I''m sorry this happened, I really hope they make this better.

Good luck and keep us updated.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 7:43:26 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
No...you're not over reacting. This is complete BS. You need to get another diamond from them pronto--even if they have to order it. If they give you any static, start talking about lawyers, the BBB...I promise they will change their tune. Then, find someone who is actually willing to do the work...period.

I am sorry this happened...but stand up for yourself and the ring.
ditto this.
when the ring is in their possesion they are responsible for it. No ifs, ands, or buts. The fact that they even put a cz in there is kinda shady. Go in and tell them if they don't fix it PRONTO you will get the BBB involved.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 2:37:58 AM
Author: Jessie702
Thanks Ladies...i am going to go back to the place on my lunch break and speak with the manager and get my stone replaced. It doesnt mean as much because its not his moms now, but i do want something as precious. I asked the jeweler to look in the bag it was in, and he said o, i threw it away, i dont know where it is. Arrrgggghhhh, i mean, seriously, come on. Than he replaced it with the fake, like it was okay, but it doesnt shine as much as the last one. The last one, was tiny, but it had so much sparkle, when the sun hit it the right way it gave off so much color and light. Im super sad, espically since this is the first ring C has given me. I so dont know what to do or say to them tommorow. I was going to go to them for my E-ring, because they do custom work, but i am not now. Good thing i know someone who is very close with a custom jewerler.
I might also let them know they lost a future customer (I''d also say this AFTER all the work was done and your ring was fixed), so they know next time not to mess with there customers and not be so damn unprofessional

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
What a joke! They replaced it with a fake one? I''d be LIVID right now if I were you. I''d demand that they replace it with a real diamond. Even if you can''t wear it. That ring has meaning to it...

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 10:19:06 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
If a jeweler truly lost a little diamond out of a ring that they were working on, they''d tear the place apart looking for it! How DARE they replace it with a CZ???

Get your tush back over there, and tell them they have 24 hours to make it right before you contact the police and file a theft report.
29.gif
Agreed.

and in most cases, their commercial ins policy would cover it anyway. This is ridiculous. Accept nothing less.

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, that is total BS!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

If you have a hard time being confrontational or straightforward, bring someone with you who is! (a sister, brother, father, mother, cousin, friend, etc!)

There is NO reason you need to suffer for their negligence!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I''m curious...did they get you a new diamond
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results