shape
carat
color
clarity

Sunless tanner moisturizers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I think they make sunless tanners in moisturizers now. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good one?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
there are several threads about this.
the one i really love is Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer. love love love it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 9:46:46 PM
Author: jcrow
the one i really love is Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer. love love love it.
DITTO i love this, i used it for a week about 3 weeks ago...i have read not to bother with the ''fair'' one unless you are absolutely snow white. i got the medium and it was perfect for me...also it''s soooo subtle while it happens so don''t worry that you will SUDDENLY the next day wake up all dark. by day 4 i was really seeing it but you can stop at any time. it lasted about a week. but when it starts to exfoliate a bit it gets a little weird, so you kind of have to watch it and keep up with maintenance.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a big fan of Aveda''s Sun Source. I have the jergen''s lotion too--I don''t like the smell though and didn''t get good results (probably because I really am "snow white"). The Aveda one smells good and gives me really good even color
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2007 11:17:51 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 3/21/2007 9:46:46 PM
Author: jcrow
DITTO i love this, i used it for a week about 3 weeks ago...i have read not to bother with the ''fair'' one unless you are absolutely snow white. i got the medium and it was perfect for me...also it''s soooo subtle while it happens so don''t worry that you will SUDDENLY the next day wake up all dark. by day 4 i was really seeing it but you can stop at any time. it lasted about a week. but when it starts to exfoliate a bit it gets a little weird, so you kind of have to watch it and keep up with maintenance.
And thritto! Mara got me curious about this stuff a while back so I tried it - it really works well.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Jergens Natural Glow, but I love the Hawaiian Tropic Island Glow- it smells much better to me and is a little more moisturizing for me. I end up using Jergens more because my mom always buys it in bulk and gives me a tube (also I like that they have a face version- I use the face version on my neck and chest, not my face though.)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The Jergens is great and very natural looking. It comes in a "firming" version now which I have just started using. I agree to skip the Fair. I have light skin that tends to freckle and even I use the Medium. I just use it as my all over moisturizer every day after showering and it never gets too dark.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been using the Dove Energy Glow,
love it.

I got the one for fair skin tones because I can control it better.
But one thing I noticed and this may be true for all sunless tanning
moisturizers, if I apply it twice a day, it seems to build up and then
rub off. So I laid off that routine and went to once a day, lightly.

This one has a very slight smell, but better than the others I used.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Smell IS a big issue with me. I am supersensitive to smells that I don''t like. I have used sunless tanners in the past and quit due to the smell of many of them. Wonder what that Aveda one smells like?

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I really like the L''Oreal Sublime Glow. I use it in the medium shade in the evening before bed and I wake up with a bit more color each morning. The smell is not unpleasant and it makes my skin very soft!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to tell you guys I found the product I was looking for. It is made by Dove. It is called Energy Glow and it is a moisturizer with some tanning stuff in it. I didn''t really want a straight out sunless tanner. I have tried those and I don''t really like them. I thought this would be something nice in between. Since I am fair skinned, those pure tanners don''t really look right on me. This product is just supposed to give you a little glow.

I went to the Dove website to find out what the product was called. I had seen it advertised in a magazine but couldn''t recall the name. They have this thing on the Dove website that asks if you want a free sample for taking a survey so I did it. The survey ended up being really long and it was taking forever so I stopped. Anyway, I made the fatal mistake of entering my email and now I am getting like 50 emails a day as a result of it. So if you happen to do on the website, DON''T take the survey!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I recently was given a full size sample of Victoria''s Secret''s sunless tanner (Bare Bronze) and used it- it has a pleasant smell and gives light, even color in one application. I''m not a huge fan of gradual self tanners, but I liked this one. My favorite sunless tanner is Bain de Soleil- great great color! Looks incredibly natural; has a slight smell, but you can apply it one day in the evening and shower in the morning and not lose all your color.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 1:26:01 PM
Author: Ann
love it.

I just realized you had posted about this. Yes, I am now noticing the smell but I think it I used it every other day, I won''t mind. Do you think OTHER people can smell it? That would bug me.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 2:16:30 PM
Author: Allisonfaye
Date: 3/22/2007 1:26:01 PM

Author: Ann

love it.

I just realized you had posted about this. Yes, I am now noticing the smell but I think it I used it every other day, I won''t mind. Do you think OTHER people can smell it? That would bug me.

Ha, I wondered the same thing! I try to use it when I''m not out and about so much. But it still is rubbing off on my expensive white towels! And I know I''m not overdoing it and I do exfoliate - alot. So I wonder why?

Giada

Shiny_Rock
To get around the "tanning" smell. I apply a liberal amount at night and let it dry completely before putting on my jammies. I shower in the morning and joila! The tan stays and the smell is gone.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the smell of the jergens is not that fabulous but i agree if you put it on at night then go to bed it''s no big deal because the smell is only happening like the first 20 minutes or so you have it on, due to the tanners starting to work i guess. also i didn''t have a problem with my tan leaving if i showered or exfoliated. it did get a little weird around the time when i started to actually get REAL color from the sun, it was kind of a mottled look for a few days while things settled, lol. but now i have a real regular tan from all my walking since it''s been sunny so i haven''t had to use the lotion for a month or so now.

oh and if i let it dry for 10 min before dressing i would not get any stains on anything, nor on my pillow etc while i slept. overall i love the jergens EXCEPT for the smell which can be strong at first (but then fades down a lot).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2007 12:13:18 PM
Author: Mara
the smell of the jergens is not that fabulous but i agree if you put it on at night then go to bed it''s no big deal because the smell is only happening like the first 20 minutes or so you have it on, due to the tanners starting to work i guess. also i didn''t have a problem with my tan leaving if i showered or exfoliated. it did get a little weird around the time when i started to actually get REAL color from the sun, it was kind of a mottled look for a few days while things settled, lol. but now i have a real regular tan from all my walking since it''s been sunny so i haven''t had to use the lotion for a month or so now.

oh and if i let it dry for 10 min before dressing i would not get any stains on anything, nor on my pillow etc while i slept. overall i love the jergens EXCEPT for the smell which can be strong at first (but then fades down a lot).
Thats what I do too.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I usually will put it on after I shower and then I wait 10-15 minutes, and then apply a bath & body or victoria''s secret lotion, or something really, really fragrant, and then it usually masks the smell of the Jergens.

I would normally put it on before bed, but my hubby is super sensitive to that particular smell, and he can''t stand it when we''re snuggling in bed!!

I too, have not had any problems with loofahing in the shower, or it coming off, it generally will fade on its own if I haven''t used it in awhile. I love the face version, since its oil-free.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results