shape
carat
color
clarity

Sunday wedding in July- start time???

sammie83

Rough_Rock
My wedding will be on a Sunday in the summer next year in July (we are also having a Saturday function). I am torn on what time it should start... ideally I''d like it to be in the evening, but I don''t know if that is okay for the guests. I thought maybe since it is summertime people would be okay with it being later (like 5-10)... my other timing option is 3-8pm, but since I''m doing a lot of DIY decorating I also need as much time as possible for that and to get my hair and makeup done and do pictures before the ceremony. If I send save-the-dates does that help with starting at 5?

What do you all think from a potential guest perspective?

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I went to a Sunday summer wedding that started around 5. I forget actually, but we ended up staying until 10-11. If you don't mind your guests not staying and partying all night with you and starting to leave around 9, then that is fine. It's not like people go to bed at 8 or haven't stayed out passed that on Sunday or other weeknight.

Is it an outdoor wedding? What is best for pictures if you are taking them outdoors?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I think 5pm is fine!

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
We are getting married on a Sunday in just a few weeks. Our ceremony is starting at 6pm and we are ending the night at 9:45pm. I am prepared that some people will leave right after dinner, but you know what? That''s ok. The people that mean the most to me will stay, and that''s all that matters!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I''m getting married on a Sunday in May and we''re going to have the ceremony at 5PM. It is a semi-destination wedding (2-3 hour drive) for most of my guests so they are going to spend the night and just take Monday off from work. Is it possible that your guests might just get a hotel room for the night? Maybe you can get a discounted block of rooms to encourage that.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FI and I consulted with our photographer to determine the ideal time to start in order to get the best light for pictures based on the anticipated sunset time as set forth in the Farmer''s Almanac. If you are having a photographer for the event, you may want to consider doing the same. Based on anticipated 7:00 sunset for our late September wedding date, we decided to start our ceremony at 5:00.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I had a Sunday night wedding. We had the ceremony at 4 pm, and then the reception started at 5:30 and ended at 11. We had a lot of family who came from out of town, who booked hotel rooms for a mini-vacation, and consequently partied with us all night. In fact, they even went out for an after party after DH and I retired! :)

I was also a BM in a wedding back in Dec. The ceremony was at 3 pm, and the reception ended around 9. The guests stayed the entire time.

sammie83

Rough_Rock
thanks for your input everyone!

we decided to go with 3:30 beacause my fiance and his family were pushing for it

i never get my way!
29.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results