shape
carat
color
clarity

Summer Honemoons....

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any suggestions for a summer honeymoon? We go back and forth between Italy, Spain, and the Caribbean...

For those of you who are summer brides, mind sharing where you went/are going and what your budget is?

:bigsmile:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We got married on 7/5/09 and went on our honeymoon right after. We spent 7 days in Belize. Technically it's the "green" (read: rainy) season, but we didn't have any issues with rain and we spent half of the trip in the rain forest. I think the total cost with meals, spending money and other fun stuff was between $7k and $8k.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
We got married this past June and went to Puerto Vallarta...great time. And it's in a location where hurricanes don't usually hit it so it's perfect for Summer vacations :) We spent about 3k with airfare, all inclusive (but I own the timeshare so this was just the food/drinks), and spending money.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
We were married last month.

We did eight nights in Bora Bora, Tahiti. It's their winter right now so it's the dry season.

Total cost was around $14k.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Hudson_Hawk said:
We got married on 7/5/09 and went on our honeymoon right after. We spent 7 days in Belize. Technically it's the "green" (read: rainy) season, but we didn't have any issues with rain and we spent half of the trip in the rain forest. I think the total cost with meals, spending money and other fun stuff was between $7k and $8k.

My FI and I are pretty much taking the exact same trip as HH and her hubby. :bigsmile:

meresal

Ideal_Rock
We were married 7/25/09.

We flew to San Juan, spent a few days there at a resort, and then took a cruise of the Southern Caribbean. (Aruba, Curacao, Dominica, and St Thomas were the ports). Weather was great.

Approximate cost was around $1900 for first class flights, $4500 for suite on ship (2 people), and we used points for the stay in San Juan before the cruise (the rooms were a couple hundred a night).

So right around $6-7k (not including costs incurred while on the trip... taxis, meals in SJ, souveniers, *drinks*, and excursions while on the ship)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
We actually went to Dreams Puerto Vallarta last summer on a week long vacay and loved it! We spent 3,00o total for everything for the two of us...

For our honeymoon we were torn, would LOVE to do Bora Bora but 14K is pricey :((

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
We went to Italy and absolutely loved it. We were there for 14 days and went to Rome, Venice, Milan, and Bellagio (on Lake Como in the Lombardy region). We only spent $200 on our plane tickets because we used DH's credit card points he had been saving up for years. The budget for the rest of the trip was around $11K or so.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
We spent 2 weeks in Rarotonga, Cook Islands. Flights from LAX were $1100 a piece. We spent $4000 total on the trip and also did a weekend in CA before we flew to Raro (we live on the East Coast, used free RT tickets on Southwest to get from Philly to CA, had we not had those it would have been an extra $800) and did a day of wine tasting in Santa Barbara wine country. I loved how affordable Raro was. We didn't stay in typical honeymoon luxury accommodation but we did have a view of the Pacific Ocean from our private, secluded bungalow up on the hillside. We had a washing machine and kitchen of our own so we did a mix of eating out and cooking in. We also rented a scooter for the entire time we were there to get around.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results