shape
carat
color
clarity

Summer 2010 brides - How we doing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi girls!
Thought we could use one of these threads. It''s always helpful to me to see my progress written down! And, to see other brides'' progress to see what I''m missing!! I''ve got 317 days left until the big day. How am I going to wait???

I''ll go first...

Done..
-venue booked
-band booked
-rabbi booked
-dress bought
-photographer booked
-videographer booked

In progress...
-florist (waiting for one more proposal before signing a contract)
-engagement photos (booked session for 10/23)
-bridesmaid dresses (going 10/24)
-hotel block (waiting to hear back from one more hotel)

To do (in the next 2 months or so)
-order save the dates
-collect addresses (ugh!)
-book honeymoon

To do (overall)
-invitations
-favors
-music selections for ceremony/first dance/etc
-hair/makeup trials
-shoes!
-out of towner bags

Wow, lots to do still...Your turn!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Marlie, not to cause you stress but since I see there is a rabbi on your list, have you figured out a chuppah and ketubah?

Done:
Venue booked
Friend to officiate booked
dress bought
save the dates are in our house
website
hotel block

In Progress:
Met with who we want for photographer, have to finalize contract send a check
Favors
Invitations
addresses
(lots of family weddings lately, so easy to pass the list around)
Music selections
Writing our own ceremony

To do
find a band or dj
find a florist
bridesmaid dresses
shoes
hair/makeup
OOT bags
wedding bands
honeymoon (last to worry about, we won't be taking it till Dec 2010)

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
EEEK, I''m technically not a "summer 2010" bride, but the 2nd week of September is only a few weeks behind Mayachel and I''m feeling terribly behind all of a sudden!!

Done: Venue & Photographer

To do: EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

6.gif

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
mayachel...forgot about ketubah but chuppah is one of the things that the florist is including when we get the proposal back. good reminder!! thanks! sounds like you are making some good progress!

magsy...don''t worry! you''ll get it all in there! just think how many brides create beautiful weddings in a few months and you''ve got just about a year. the venue is the biggest decision and you''ve already done that! i say you are doing great!!

are you guys enjoying the planning so far or not so much? i have my days where i love it and days where i wish i was already on the honeymoon!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 3:54:45 PM
Author: marlie
mayachel...forgot about ketubah but chuppah is one of the things that the florist is including when we get the proposal back. good reminder!! thanks! sounds like you are making some good progress!

magsy...don''t worry! you''ll get it all in there! just think how many brides create beautiful weddings in a few months and you''ve got just about a year. the venue is the biggest decision and you''ve already done that! i say you are doing great!!

are you guys enjoying the planning so far or not so much? i have my days where i love it and days where i wish i was already on the honeymoon!

Overall, I''d say I''m enjoying the bride-to-be status, but the actual dotting my i''s crossing my t''s aspect, is tedious. I''d love for it to all magically fall into place, but I know that isn''t actually going to happen.

This past week, I was surprised by how thrilling it was to sit down with the photographer, which segued into a weekend of setting up our registry. It was fun feeling like things were coming together, which all translates into the sappy...this is the guy I''m in love with :swoon:
20.gif

Magsy: Seriously, all of my friends have put their weddings together in under 8 months. I never thought I''d have such a long engagement. But, I''m also in school and know that my fall semester is going to be much slower than my spring semester, so I wanted to get as much as I could out of the way.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Yay date twin!!!!! Great of you to start this thread! 317 days!!!! How are we going to manange?????!!!!! Knowing people share my date is making it easier, though!

As of right now, wedding stuff is pretty much on the back burner with my new job starting in two weeks, and the return to school. I am really glad that I have most of the planning done so I can focus on the major things in my life now.

Done are the following:
-Venue booked
-Ceremony site and officiant (a friend) booked (same place as reception)
-Dress bought
-Shoes/jewelry/veil/accessories bought
-Make up artist booked
-DJ booked
-BM's dresses picked out (narrowed down to two; we'll be going to try them on in January)
-STD's sent, invites picked out (will order in February)
-Registries created
-Photographer booked
-Flower arrangements picked (we're DIYing flowers-my aunt used to be a florist)
-WB's picked, will be bought around Christmas
-Hotels picked (block will be made in January since the hotels only book 6 months out)
-Honeymoon locale picked out, will be booked in February due to finances (we're using our tax returns for the honeymoon)
-All music selections picked (first dance, BP intro, mother/son, father/daughter, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc) for reception and ceremony
-Favors are most likely going to be handmade seed packets, but that's up in the air right now
-Hair trial will be scheduled in two weeks when I go to get my hair done with my stylist (have the members of the BP who want their hair done at my stylist) for April
-GM and groom attire picked out
-Bachlorette/bach party location picked
-Addresses gathered
-Many DIY projects (cake topper, reserved for family signs for ceremony, signature drink cards, maps to reception location, Mr and Mrs chair signs for the reception location, aisle runner)

In progress:
-Figuring out reception decor (trying to make decor coordinate with the venue)
-Finalizing menu selections

Not done yet:
-Cake (The caterer is in the process of finding a new cake company, so she asked us to call her back in January when she selected someone)
-BM's accessories
-Ceremony (this one scares me since we're doing it ourselves)
-Gifts for parents, BP, and DH
-Makeup trial (will be scheduled for April)
-Seating (this should be fun!)

Am I missing anything lol!!!??

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Princess you have soooo much done!!! kudos to you!!!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif

Hi everyone! Yay for summer 2010! My wedding is June 20th, 2010 at Healdsburg Country Gardens in Healdsburg, CA.

So far I''ve got:
Ceremony/Reception venue booked
Photographer booked
Caterer decided on but not booked officially with deposit
Dress/veil bought
DJ/ipod decided upon

and waaaay too many things I still need to do to list...and I thought I was ahead of schedule! It''s nothing compared to you girls!
7.gif

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Marlie, we are at like the EXACT same point in planning, haha!

Wedding = June 26, 2010

DONE>>>
Church - booked
Reception venue - booked
Dress - purchased (arriving on Nov 27)
Photographer - booked
DJ - booked
Colors + bridal party - chosen

WORKING ON>>>
Premarital sessions - in progress
wedding band designer - met with once, need to have final meeting
BM dresses - shopping date is Oct 17
Engagement photos - being taken on Oct 25
Honeymoon (+ travel agent) - decided. Need to book in next month.
Invites - chosen. Still working on a few DIY add ons.
Centerpieces - chosen. Need to order.

TO DO>>>
Continue finalizing guest list
Reserve limo
Send STDs in January
Florist
Cake (baker chosen)
Register (BBB, William Sonoma)
Tuxes
Chair covers
Room decorations
Accessories/shoes
Small things like design programs, buy unity candle, etc.

36.gif
I simply cannot wait!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, MP. You definitely have a lot done, as you have the huge things taken care of. Once I did all you did, I felt very good about where I was in planning. Do you use theknot.com for a checklist?

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
yay! sounds like everyone''s making great progress!

pp...you have so much done! nice! now you can relax a bit and enjoy your engagement!
laughwithme...so funny! we must be on the same track. i think we''re doing well!
monkeypants...you are doing great! you definitely made a lot of progress. you still have plenty of time to get everything done!

i''m away this weekend so i have a few days off of wedding stuff which is nice. just relaxing! ahhhhh.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Thanks marlie. What dresses are you considering for BM''s?

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
ooh this is exciting!

Wedding date= June 5, 2010

Done:
church booked
reception booked
dj booked
photographer booked
wedding dress bought and is in! its wayyy to big, but that should be all fixed!
bridesmaids dresses are in
wedding flip flops are made
centerpieces are made...not assembled yet, but all the pieces have been purchased
save the dates just went out
bought all of the stock for invitations, and design is almost complete(im doing them myself!)
flower girl, bubble girl baskets are made
ring bearer pillow is made
wedding bands purchased
hotel blocks reserved(i live in a shore area, anytime after memorial day its crazy)
favors(we are doing a donation/message in a bottle, i have a somewhat beachy theme, but not really..mainly because the reception is on the beach and the church is on a river, i love where i grew up!)
groomsmen gifts

To Do:
design cake(bakery is picked out)
bridesmaid and parent gifts
hair trial
book limo
register for Pre-Cana...dreading that which is why it is still not done!
chair covers

My florist consultation is tonight! I cant wait, hopefully all goes well and I can book her. Her work is great and she is always well within your budget!
I am having my make up trial tomorrow too-the makeup artist likes to have your skin close to the color it will be at the wedding, my tan is just starting to fade, which is what I anticipate it to be like for the wedding! really nervous because its so early, but she comes highly recommended and knows what is best, not me, im not a makeup artist...at all! i hardly wear any! :)

I still feel like I have so much to do, but after seeing that list, I feel a little better...I live so far away from everything now. I moved over an hour away from my hometown, so i need to do things in trips! Im sure I''m forgetting a ton of stuff...

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 7:12:00 PM
Author: princessplease
Thank you, MP. You definitely have a lot done, as you have the huge things taken care of. Once I did all you did, I felt very good about where I was in planning. Do you use theknot.com for a checklist?

Thanks princess. I''m using www.marthastewartweddings.com for my planning. It''s so much fun to check things off the list!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I am thinking I don''t have much planned at all compared to others.

Done:

ceremony/reception booked
caterer/cake booked
photographer
dress bought
wedding jewelry selected (in typical PS fashion... I had my wedding earrings picked before I was engaged!)
one hotel blocked... need to find one more economical choice)

Not done:
music
officiant
colors (getting close)
florist
save the dates/ invitations
shoes
rehearsal dinner
honeymoon
and lots lots more.

UGH!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
pp...not sure what dresses for the bm''s yet. going to look with them on 10/24. it''ll definitely be a long dress and in the pewter/grey family. hopefully everyone will agree on one! what did you pick for yours?

nov...how did the floral appointment go? i liked talking with the floral designers. what kind of look are you going for?

green...you''ve got a lot done. don''t beat yourself up! there is still plenty of time. so funny...i know what jewelry i''m wearing too. i''ve kind of had it picked out for a few years now!

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
My florist appointment got canceled-one of her designers got sick, and she had to finish the wedding herself for the following day....she just kept apologizing, because I no longer live in the area.. She tried to catch me before I left, but I worked out of a different office that day so I didn''t have a long drive so that didn''t help. She tried to reschedule it for Sunday(which she does not work) but I would already be out of town. So luckily-we are going home next weekend to visit family so she was able to accommodate us. I''ll give you an update after that consultation.

On a more positive note, i had my makeup trial the next day, and it was amazing! She did exactly what I wanted, natural with a more dramatic eye(i dont wear much makeup, but i love my eyes!) I went with airbrushing which feels like you have no makeup on. I booked her that day. She was great.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Sounds good marlie. I LOVE pewter!!!!!
We''re looking at two:
2be social by Nathan Taylor in pool blue (attached is the front)

large_907long (400 x 618).jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
And the back of said dress

large_907longback (400 x 600).jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Or this Alfred Angelo, in these colors, if the girls feel comfortable in tea length dresses

7014-600.jpg

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
nov...sorry to hear about the florist. disappointing! glad they could accommodate you next weekend though! and yay for makeup! do you have any pics?

pp...pretty dresses!!! good choices.

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yikes! I feel like I have A LOT to do!!
32.gif
32.gif
320 days until my wedding!!!

DONE:
Venue
Church
Priest
Flip flops!

In progress:

Dress shopping (Nov 11th)
BM dresses (Nov 11th, I have them picked out)
BM shoes (I''m going crazy looking for the right color!)
Favors (candy Buffet!)
Band/DJ/videographer

NOT DONE
32.gif
32.gif

Flowers
photographer
HOTEL BLOCK OFF YIKES!
OOT guest bags
picking out menu and cake (all done at venue so I''m not worried!)
Invitations
Save the dates(they will be our holiday cards as well!
2.gif
)
Honeymoon
much more!

Yikes I gotta get moving!!
26.gif
26.gif

cincin090

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I have 216 days until my wedding and I feel VERY behind. All I''ve done is booked the hotel for reception and ceremony and booked the photographer!
6.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
10 July 2010 bride here!

Done:
Ceremony and Reception Venue
Caterer
Florist
DJ
Cake
Dress
Pre-wedding session booked
Celebrant

Not done:
Photographer booked
Videographer (not sure if i want one yet)
Bridesmaid dresses
Hotel Booking for OTT
Shoes
Our Vows
Favors
Invitations
Music Selection
Hair/Make up people to be booked

Wow i have heaps to do still!!!!!!!!!

The Future Mrs.

Rough_Rock
cincin090.

Don''t feel badly. I am a July 10, 2010 bride, and I''ve only booked two things too. You''ll get things pulled together. It just takes time, and some people have great connections, and just get things done very quickly.
1.gif

All that really matters is that you get it done before the big day with a few weeks in between so you can hopefully rest. That''s the plan my fiance and I have.

Happy wedding planning Summer 2010 brides !

Special Emphasizes on July 10, 2010 brides... okay I admit I''m biased. LOL !
2.gif

Kudos to all of you who have gotten a head start !
36.gif

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Can I play?

Weddingn date: June 19, 2010

Done are the following:
-Venue booked
-Ceremony site and reception site (rental house on the beach)
-Dress bought
-Make up artist booked
-Jazz band booked
-BM''s dresses bought and shipped
-STD''s sent, invites printed
-Registries created
-Photographer booked
-Florist booked
-Accommodation list for island sent out (only rental houses and condos available where we are getting married)
-Honeymoon booked in Puerto Vallarta
-All music selections picked (first dance, BP intro, mother/son, father/daughter, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc) for reception and ceremony
-Groom''s attire has been purchased
-Addresses gathered
-Cake booked--beach themed cake picked out
-Gifts for the BP (and their guests), a week on Edisto Island, all expenses paid

In progress:
-Cake topper
-Dress--being made, replica of Jim Hjelm 8813
-Catering (BBQ Kansas City style and South Carolina Style)
-Accessories for me
-Shoes for me, can''t decide if I want heels because half the time we will be on sand
-Centerpieces, FMIL is making these
-Archway for the cermony, FFIL is making this

Not done yet:
-BM''s accessories
-officiant for the ceremony
-Gifts for parents and DH
-Makeup trial (will be scheduled for April)
-Hair trial
-Seating (this should be fun!)
-BM accessories

I really feel like I am forgetting stuff....
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results