shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions on where to get wedding invitations

ggeorge

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

My g/f seems to think $6-7 (excluding the stamps) is the average cost for a fairly basic wedding card invitation which would include the RSVP card and envelopes. She's very traditional in taste.

Do any of you know reputable places where I can get nice looking cards made for under $5?

Thank you,
George

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi George,

I used Wedding Paper Divas for my invites, they've got some nice options and offer an array of various wedding stationary needs. I've also seen some pretty options on etsy, so you might look there as well.

Best of luck! :wavey:

audball

Ideal_Rock
I second weddingpaperdivas.com. Lots of PS Brides here have used them. The price is higher/invitation when your guest count is smaller, but if you have an average guest count in the >70 range, you should have many choices for under $5/invitation and several in the $2-$4 range as well!

I know lots of people have also used zazzle.com and vistaprint.com for invitations, but I don't know that they come with the array of traditional components (response cards, all the envelopes and inserts, etc) as weddingpaperdivas.com offers.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at weddingpaperdivas.com but it was way too expensive since we only needed a few. Ordering 20 didn't cost much less than ordering 100!

After checking some other places and finding similar prices, we decided to just make our own. I managed to do all of our save the dates plus invitations (pocket fold with inserts, reply cards, return envelopes, postage, etc) for under $100. (quotes to buy had been $600+)

BUT --
It was a PITA to deal with these. Finding the right envelopes, card stock, tape, etc was a challenge. Getting the files all set up and ready for printing was not so fun. The inserts and stuff printed okay (had a print shop do the actual printing but that ran about $10 for the STD and $20 for the invites/inserts) but the envelopes didn't line up right. I spent 10+ hours dealing with getting the envelopes printed! Cutting/assembling the pocket folds was tedious. Sealing them with wax led to blisters and some carpet clean up.
(see pictures over in the "Getting Lost in Stupid Stuff" thread)

If you need just a few, getting them printed locally and assembling yourself is probably worth it. If we'd needed more than 20 I would probably have really wished we had paid to get them ordered!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Look on etsy or get the print your own.

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
I'm a graphic designer and can generally do a basic wedding invitation (invite, rsvp, inner and outer envelope) for about $3-4 - this is for digital printing, not on a press and with basic but nice paper (including the design fees). If you don't have any luck finding something already made in your budget maybe look into a graphic designer. And contrary to popular belief, it's often less expensive to have invitations printed by a printer (again on a digital printer) than to do them yourselves. Printers can usually give you a better price on paper and you'll spend more on ink than they will charge you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results