shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for wedding dress cover-up?

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies,

Our wedding will be held outdoors in late August, and the evening could get chilly so I'd like to have something warm to cover my shoulders on standby.

An image of my dress is attached--the lace is ivory with a champagne silk layer beneath. I'd prefer a shrug or cardi to a shawl/wrap so I'm not constantly fussing with it. I'm thinking fairly neutral in terms of color, either a champagne or pale peachy pink if not ivory. We don't have wedding colors, per se, but my FI will be wearing a charcoal suit with a lavender shirt, so some kind of dusky purple might work for me, too.

I've done a bit of looking, and there are so many pretty options out there! But since my dress is so detailed I'm having trouble finding something that won't take away from it. Suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,
G

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Wonderful dress and I remember your lovely lovely ring from an earlier thread.
Have you checked out the site that is the wedding section of Anthropologie? Prices steep but the ideas are lovely.
BHDN I think it is called.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous dress!

I know you said you'd prefer a shrug or cardigan, but I feel like that dress is just begging for a vintage shawl. A wonderful friend of mine knitted me a wedding shawl, and though it was too warm to wear it for my wedding, I did wear it for our post-wedding shoot months later when it was very welcome in the chill. I purchased a vintage brooch on etsy to hold it closed and it worked perfectly...very little fussing or adjustment necessary. You can see both the shawl and brooch in the photo below.

Shumate112.jpg

And one in color (you can't seen the brooch, but you can see how the shawl stayed in place no matter the pose!)

Shumate054.jpg

If that's not your thing, I'd suggest a very large pashmina-style wrap in a soft color, and then spend some time styling it with your dress, since there are so many options on how to wear one! (Again, the brooch might be helpful!)

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
laughinggravy, I absolutely love the BHLDN site! Have spent many hours browsing, and there is one shrug I'm considering, but it's a bit more than I wanted to spend: http://www.bhldn.com/shop%2Dthe%2Dbride%2Dcover%2Dups/subdued%2Dbolero

vc10um, gorgeous photos, and how sweet of your friend to make your shawl! The brooch is a good idea, I hadn't thought of that!

Phdecorate, thanks for all the suggestions -- I do love etsy! Off to follow your links...

Cheers!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Hey Ganesha - that's the only problem with that site! Perhaps see if you can repro it via ETSY. With enough difference to make it not a total rip off. There's a lot of stuff there that is inspiring.....

Same site, this my most favourite dress ever. If you have the time, check out the various photos of different angles. So lovely!

19898402_015_a.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results