shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for Round Solitaire Setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nydk2000

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Been shopping online and in the NYC Diamond district for the last month, and we''ve gone through an evolution in taste. We started looking at channel settings and channel wedding bands but my GF thought it was too busy. So, we''re now looking for a solitaire e-ring that can be paired with a channel wedding band.

So we are now looking for a solitaire (Round Brilliant, about 1.3ct) setting, and have recently discovered that some solitaire settings (such as the Tiffany Lucida setting, also called Trellis, or X-Prong) have a low crown (is that the right terminology?), and the wedding band is not flush against the ring.

We''ve looked at WhiteFlash, BlueNile, JamesAllen, EngagementRingsDirect, David S Diamond (NYC Diamond District), Pearlman''s, Ritani, Vatche, Verragio, Scott Kay, Sholdt (leaning towards that now), etc to find a ring that she likes.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what else we can look at? We''re looking for a setting that would have the following criteria:
- 4 prong, not 6.
- Low crown; in other words, the diamond is not too high up off the ring.
- Able to have the wedding band be flush against the e-ring; not too big of a gap due to the setting.
- Not too typical or simple (my GF jokingly says that the ''typical'' solitaire looks like a claw on top of a ring. It doesn''t have to be exotic, but just not a ''claw on top of a circle'')
- She does not like the Knife''s edge style,
- She does not like ''sharp edges'' and likes the sides of the ring to be rounded.
- Preferrably platinum, and preferrably under $1,000. (Is this possible? WG is also acceptable)

Vatche X Prong seems like a possibility, but the setting is about $2K and have concerns about the wedding band being flush with the e-ring. Sholdt Fremont is a possibility, but that is about $1.2 - $1.8K.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
This designer makes a whole line of sets that sit flush- hence the name "flush fit"...
flush fit

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oohh.. love that precision site!... here''s my favorite whiteflash... with a surprise melee... simple but unique too! not sure if you saw this or not.

wfcathedralwmelee.JPG

nydk2000

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. Think we''ll go with the Sholdt. She really likes it, and she''s worth it. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 11:55:04 PM
Author: nydk2000
Thanks everyone. Think we''ll go with the Sholdt. She really likes it, and she''s worth it. :)
Best of luck and please post pics when you can!

DiamondGirlHH

Shiny_Rock
Sholdt makes some good looking rings. Good luck with your purchase and make sure to post your photos.

nydk2000

Rough_Rock
got the ring... i've posted pictures here, with more to follow.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sholdt-from-pearlmans.108452/

mrb19992004

Rough_Rock

Try Allan Creates for original design hand wrought one of a kind custom work.

We are in Texas and dealing with him from Canada is easy.
We found he does very nice work.
You can see his work at www.ringlock.com

my ring080208.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results