shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for *problem* skin

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Angela1977

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 3:19:44 PM
Author: lovelylulu
i just wanted to update this thread. after reading the numerous suggestions, i went ahead and got some tea tree facial cleanser from the body shop.

i had excellent results within days and within about a week all my blemishes were gone. and stayed away, with a small exception during that particularly prone time of the month. seriously. i was shocked. actually, overjoyed.

my fiancee tried the cleaner, too. however, he didn''t have any skin problems and found that it was a bit drying for his skin type...

thanks angela and marvel for that wonderful recommendation
emstar.gif
i feel so lucky to have found it.

YEA!!!!
I''m so glad the Tea Tree Oil worked for you...it was really a reasonable alternative to harsher treatments. I still use it everyday and I maybe get a zit 3 times a year...A zit. So three total the whole year...THAT I can deal with.
I thought about the "professional" treatments, but they just seemed so harsh for what I was wanting...the breakouts weren''t THAT bad...just enough to be completely annoying. So I tried that stuff first, and BOOM!

I''m really happy you had the same result!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock

Normally I wouldn''t have responded to this post however, I work in the medical field, specifically Dermatology. The best advice that I can give is, if you have decent medical insurance it would be well worth your while to see a dermatologist. I myself did suffer from some adult acne as well as some late teen acne as I was very active. Now that I understand my skin and the reason''s for my acne, I have a treatment regimen that allows me to never worry about my skin. Sometimes there is so much information out there that we become confused as to what to trust. Please, save yourself the money of wasting it on products that you don''t need or aren''t right for your skin and go see a doctor. Trust me, dermatologists get great satisfaction in being able to help their patients. Some of them view acne treatment as an art form. You will get the results you need on a regimen that is right for your skin. Even a little bit of acne every once and a while is enough to obviously cause you some concern so it’s worth it to see someone trained medically that understands the pathonogenes of acne.

In the mean time...take a look at the ingredients in the products that you are using. First and foremost they should all say: non-comedogenic. In layman’s terms...it won''t clog your pores. If it doesn’t say it, don''t use it. Also, proactive is a benzoyl peroxide. It may be at a lesser strength that what you had used before which could be the reason why your skin didn''t get any irritation from it. Most dermatologists will prescribe something topical like a benzoyl peroxide or a salacylic acid (the active in the Oxy products) as well as a couple of other products. Combination therapy is very common in even the mildest of acne treatments.

Have faith, you can beat this!

Angela1977

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/1/2006 9:39:57 AM
Author: emeraldlover1

Have faith, you can beat this!
Um, sounds like she already has! That''s why she reposted on her results!
36.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I guess I missed that one, sorry! Just trying to help. Acne problems can be an emotional rollercoaster.
2.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
thanks emerald and everyone else kind enough to understand the problem and offer a solution!

fortunately, the tea tree oil seems to be working perfectly!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
did you get it from the body shop?

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I want to thank IrishEyes for recommending the book by Leslie Baumann "The Skin Type Solution".

I bought the book and made the recommended changes to my skincare routine.
It''s poorly written and edited (she is so full of herself!) but I am using her advice and I see good results.

I think I''ll pick up some tea tree oil, too, til I make time for a derm appt. I hate acne but, alas, I am also lazy about getting to the doctor.

thanks all!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovelylulu, glad to hear you found a solution that worked so quickly for you! Did you only buy the cleanser and not the toner and moisturizer?

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
wow great advice everyone! its always nice to know what "real people"''s experiences are! I am gonna try and check that book out of the library and maybe I can get some good advice as well!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too suffered from bad skin in my teens and thought I''d eventually grow out of it, but my skin is extremely temperamental. I tried accutane about 8 years ago and it worked really well - got rid of the majority of my skin acne problems. Now I typically break out once a month (y''know why) and it''s not too bad. I have, for the past 2 years, gotten regular facials about every 6 weeks. I also use the Guinot skin care system that my aesthetician (facial lady) uses. It has done wonders for me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results