shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for Honeymoon Reading

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
My new hubby and I are off on honeymoon in just over 4 weeks, having got married on the 4th April.

Stage 1 is ten days at a very luxurious resort in Maurituis called Le Touessrok and we intend to do a lot of relaxing whilst we are there. We never do this type of holiday normally as we have two dogs, so I am planning to make the most of lying around and doing a lot of relaxing and just being. I love to read and can easily get through a book in a couple of days when I am really going for it so I am looking for some suggestions.

Criteria

I like humour, for example I adore Bill Bryson
Fairly easy going to read (I love Carl Hiassen and murder mystery type stuff)
Must be paper back so as not to take up too much room in the case

Stage 2 is three days in Dubai en route home so I don''t think we will have any difficultie in filling the time there.

All suggestions gratefully accepted
35.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Well, this is totally non-honeymoon related (although it does pass on the travel bug a bit).

You just GOTTA read 'Shantaram' by Gregory David Roberts at some stage of your life, might as well be now!!!!!!

amazon link

link to his official page

Easy reading, and completely fascinating

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
The funnniest book I have EVER read was "Me Talk Pretty One Day" By David Sedaris. I had never laughed out loud at a book when I was by myself, until this book!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
What my hubby and I are doing, It''s that we select a book that both are interested, and then he reads or I read for both of us. That brings spetial time together
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Reading? On a honeymoon?

I must say, I didn''t do too much reading during that week!
3.gif

We ate too much; we shopped too much; we spent too much; and we did other things . . .
2.gif

But we didn''t read.
9.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I brought Lolita and The Satanic Verses on my honeymoon. I only read the first one. And I played a lot of gin rummy with my husband. I needed to bring heavy reading or else I would have finished the book in one afternoon and then had to play even more gin rummy.

I love A Prayer for Owen Meany! Except I always skim the parts where John is older and teaching at that girls' school.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results