shape
carat
color
clarity

Success in Kauai (she said yes!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CountryBoy

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to take a few moments and thank all you folks who helped me plan my Kauai proposal. For those that asked me to post the final outcome ....

I took my girlfriend to Kauai, Hawaii for what I disguised as a vacation to celebrate the anniversary of our first date. She told me that several of her friends had suggested I may be giving her a ring there, so I went out of my way to assure her that would NOT be happening and that I didn't want her to set herself up for disappointment by thinking such. By putting on my best acting job, I think I fooled her into thinking a ring was not a possibility.

Little did she know that I had spent six months on Pricescope finding the perfect diamond - an ACA 1.73 in a custom platinum setting that included two side diamonds of .25 each (the side diamonds represented her two young children and that I was asking for the whole package). I purchased a ringbox that contained a small light inside and then began leaving notes for her at various times teasing her about a surprise that would evolve around a "light that would take her out of the darkness."
23.gif

I arranged for the anniversary date (Nov. 6) to be the third day of our trip and told her I had a surprise dinner planned for her on that day. I had already arranged a "dinner on the beach" which was basically a table setting directly on a secluded beach with a custom chosen meal prepared by a professional chef and served by our own personal server. I arranged for our favorite foods and wine to be served and also burned a cd of our favorite songs that are special to our relationship. The server for our dinner brought a CD player and we listened to the music as we enjoyed our dinner. The dinner started about 1/2 hour before sunset and by time we were done it was completely dark but for our tiki torches. During dinner I gave my girlfriend and I matching watches as a supposed anniversary present, but they were really decoys to take her mind off of any possibility that I was soon to be giving her a ring.
31.gif

I had arranged for our server to build us a beach fire in the sand upon completion of dinner. After building our fire the server departed and we were completly alone in Hawaii on a secluded beach with nothing but the stars, the fire, and the sound of the waves coming into the shore. While we sat by the fire I told her that it was a good time for reflection and then reminded her of the many fond times we've had.

After discussing our relationship in detail, I stood and asked her to stand along beside me. I began telling her that I couldn't imagine a future without her and then dropped to one knee and began the proposal. She seemed to be caught by complete surprise. She got very emotional and began crying (the good kind) and her knees literally gave out and buckled. I had to catch her and put her back on her feet before finishing my proposal. She answered my proposal with an enthusiastic "yes" and I presented her with the closed ring box. The light from the fire made it clear it was a ring box, but it was still dark in an overall sense. As soon as she opened it the light inside the ringbox shined down upon the ring and let me tell you that ACA really sparkled.
30.gif
I explained that this was the light that I had been teasing her about and that it was taking her out of the darkness literally and figuratively (single mom making it alone). I then took the ring out of the box for her and put it on her finger. Luckily, I had gotten her size right and it was a perfect fit. After drying her tears we sat back down by the fire and enjoyed the stars and the moment until the fire completely burned out. We then departed with fond memories of Anini Beach and a special night in Kauai, Hawaii.

Looking back I would not change a thing. It went better than I ever hoped it would. I hope you folks don't mind me sharing my story.

CountryBoy

Rough_Rock
For those that are curious, this was pretty much the exact setup before the darkness set in and the fire was built:

DSC00732A.JPG

Kojack

Rough_Rock
Congratulations countryboy! That was a great story and a wonderful way to become engaged. You put alot of thought behind your special night and it showed! Enjoy your lives together and am happy it went perfect!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!
36.gif
It sounds like it was great! I''m glad that it went well!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!! Congratulations, what a romantic spot for a proposal. Yay for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Best wishes to you both!!

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Country Boy!!! That proposal was the stuff dreams are made of!
36.gif
You have given your fiance and yourselves the most wonderful memory to remember always! I hope we get to hear about anniversary trips back to that beach!

I just hope my own proposal is as romantic and special as yours was!
1.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
congratulations to the two of you! looks like you pulled of a wonderful and meaningful surprise! we''d all love to see pics of the ring!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Congratulations!!! The proposal spot looked perfect!!! I can''t wait to see the ring!!
2.gif

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
yup again made me shiver!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! That is most women''s dream proposal.

You are a keeper!
36.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Country boy,

I must tell you I was sooo disappointed....

Because I felt you decided not to return to PS and post the results. I thought you left your little PS buddys hanging. I checked often...nothing from CB. Wow!! I must say...the story was worth the wait! Your months of planning was evident, and thrilling to hear about. So glad you created a wonderful event worthy of fond memories.

You are hereby crowned proposal royalty
12.gif
and therefore must aid the fellas who need advice.

Thanks for sharing and giving us a play by play update...so happy for you both!

DKS

Don''t forget we want the hand shots of the ring...

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what an amazing proposal!!!! It sounds like everything really was perfect!!!! (Of course, we will need to see ring pics before we can commit to that
2.gif
)

My boyfriend will not be happy, my expectations are much higher now!
9.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!
6.gif
That story was so good I did the girl AWWW then a couple of tears came! You did such a beautiful job, I am sure she is talking about this ALL the time to EVERYONE! If you keep the romance up like this you''ll keep knocking her off her feet for the rest of your lives (literally it seems!)!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow--what an amazing proposal! As elle said, truly stuff that dreams are made of!

And that''s incredibly sweet that you chose 2 small side diamonds to represent your FI''s little angels & ask for the entire package.
30.gif

You did good!
9.gif
(Did I miss pictures of the ring on another thread?)

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Collective AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
from every girl who reads this!!!! You are the real gem here Country Boy. What an amazing proposal. Where is this beach that you speak of? Where did you stay and what else did you do on your trip? Isn''t Kauai absolutely FABULOUS??!! Pictures...more pictures PLEASE!!!

klr
30.gif
prongs

CountryBoy

Rough_Rock
Wow! I am amazed at the responses to my thread. Thank you all for your kind words. It was really fun to plan and put into action my plan, but I can honestly tell you that I''m no romance pro - it just comes natural when you finally find THE one and want to do things in a way that makes us both happy.

Many of you asked about ring pictures - I didn''t want to take any pictures of the ring before I gave it to her because as old fashioned as it may seem, I wanted her to be the first person to see the ring. Now that the ring is in her possession, I will leave it up to her to post the pictures if she likes. I''ve made her aware of PS and the education I''ve gained here, so it wouldn''t shock me if she posted a few pics of her new ring.
6.gif

Heart Prongs - we did a lot of the standard Kauai stuff - we stayed in the Pu''u Po''a condos in Princeville. We did a helicopter tour, rented a motorcyle for a day, did a luau, snorkled, enjoyed drinks (she carved out the insides of some fresh pineapples so that we could drink out of them like in the movies
25.gif
) and a few other things. More than anything we just relaxed and shopped while eating when and where we felt like it. Shopping for a new lei or stopping for a hot chocolate at a roadside stand was just as much fun to us as doing the "big" stuff. She liked the evening at Anini beach (the place I did the dinner on the beach and proposal) that we went back there the last night on the island. She packed us a picnic supper and I took some firewood. I guess you could say we sort of "reinacted" the big night in some ways. She has already told me that Kauai is without hesitation her choice for our honeymoon.
20.gif

Again, I can''t thank all of you enough. Your help was most appreciated and your complements during your congratulatory messages were touching and well appreciated as well.
19.gif

CountryBoy

scooby

Rough_Rock
Congratulations Countryboy. I''m glad things worked out!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Your proposal brought tears to my eyes!!! Bravo!!!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
First, Congratulations.

What a beautiful proposal.! Can''t wait to see pics of the ring.

Where on Kauai is that beach? I love it there, actually thinking about going in Feb. to chill for a while.

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! I''ve got tears in my eyes.
AWWWWWWWW.....

CountryGirlGa

Rough_Rock
You are the most romantic man I''ve ever met. Thank God you are mine!!!! k

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, countrygirl! You''ve got a real keeper there! Did you really not suspect anything?

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
WOW! That is a DREAM PROPOSAL if I have ever heard one sooooooo sweet and thoughtful, and I love that the sidestones represent the children, really amazing!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Countrygirl!!!

Welcome!

Glad you''ve popped in...especially because you bumped what is surely the most perfect, romantic proposal story in the world!

I enjoyed reading it all over again!
30.gif

Congratualtions!
widget

PS: Say hi to CB for us!
35.gif

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS, very sweet proposal with a lot of thought involved! HAND PICS

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You definitely got yourself a keeper countrygirl! What a fabulous proposal....
36.gif
and ring!!
30.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow -- that was amazing! I love that a man would think of including children in the ring with diamonds -- so original!! Countrygirl --- please come back with pics -- the ring sounds as amazing as the proposal!
jen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results