shape
carat
color
clarity

Subtle pink wedding dresses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I''m about to start seriously shopping for wedding dresses soon. I''m leaning towards not strapless, more of a v-neck look. I like really interesting backs and strappy upper backs. Anyway, that stuff''s not too important right now. I''m interested to see if anyone''s ever run across many colored wedding dresses. I''m not talking really bold colors, I''ve seen lots of those. And probably not even ones that are totally a solid color. But I was thinking recently about what I could look for in a dress that would make it a little more unique for me. I''m not one for outright bold things, but I like subtle things you still notice. I think a dress with pink tones, or that just hints at being pink but still mostly looks white, would be something I''d like. Maybe the same thing with blue also...?

Just curious if you guys have ever seen any, or what you think about that!
1.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I found this one on a wedding website that a girl had worn, but I didn''t find where it was from. Sort of the look I thought would be nice and subtle though.

pinkdress1.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I think it's awesome! Thing2 just got a pink Amsale (right?) and it's gorgeous! Check out brides.com if you haven't already, you can search by color.

ETA: This one's pretty! Shown in rum pink.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow parrot tulips - that dress is gorgous!

Yeah strapless isn''t a huge deal at this point, it was just something I thought about in the beginning. If I found a fabulous one in a subtle color I liked, and it was strapless, I''d probably go for it!
5.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow sunnyd that linked dress is gorgeous too! That rum pink is barely noticeable, maybe it''s just the picture, or maybe it''s actually that subtle in real life!

I''ll have to look for thing2''s dress on here...

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
My dress has subtle pink pieces in the pleats of the bodice- it''s Casablanca 1908

pircescopedress.JPG

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 3:57:10 PM
Author: sunnyd
I think it''s awesome! Thing2 just got a pink Amsale (right?) and it''s gorgeous! Check out brides.com if you haven''t already, you can search by color.

ETA: This one''s pretty! Shown in rum pink.
How would I go about finding a thread for thing''s dress??

panda08

Brilliant_Rock

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Panda''s on it!
1.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
This is from hollywood dreams

caprice.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 4:44:30 PM
Author: panda08
I really like the non-traditional, subtle colors for wedding dresses. I''ve tried on a few that were light pink or a taupe-like in color. I thought they were very pretty and am leaning towards something like that.

Good luck with your search. Please post some pics!

ETA: not sure if you''re already seen it but here''s Thing2''s gorgeous Amsale: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-amsale-dress-with-pictures-of-me-in-it.104433/
Thanks for the link panda! I couldn''t find it for the life of me. Just for future reference, how do you search for a thread by someone you''re looking for? All I did was try the search bar, but it doesn''t work very well when I try that.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Man, parrot - I just looked at the link again for that Maggie Sottero dress. It is so gorgeous! Hehe I think it''s a much bigger gown than I would picture myself in, but I definitely want to try on one like that just to *make sure* I don''t want one like that.
2.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 5:54:12 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

Date: 2/6/2009 4:44:30 PM
I really like the non-traditional, subtle colors for wedding dresses. I''ve tried on a few that were light pink or a taupe-like in color. I thought they were very pretty and am leaning towards something like that.

Good luck with your search. Please post some pics!

ETA: not sure if you''re already seen it but here''s Thing2''s gorgeous Amsale: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-amsale-dress-with-pictures-of-me-in-it.104433/
Thanks for the link panda! I couldn''t find it for the life of me. Just for future reference, how do you search for a thread by someone you''re looking for? All I did was try the search bar, but it doesn''t work very well when I try that.
You''re welcome! Click the "search" link next to "Personal Section" near the top of the page. When the search page opens up, check off the box that says "Search Author" and then type in the username in the "Author''s Name" box. You have to use the exact username or else it won''t come up. I also put in as much info as I can, like "Amsale" in the "Search Word" box and use the drop down menu for the forum I want to search, in this case, BWW. Hope that helps!

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
This dress is from one of the lines by Pronovias.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Sounds gorgeous! I also thought of Thing2''s amazing dress as a great example of what you''re talking about.

Unfortunately, I have no dress researching skills, so I''ll have to leave it to the others to help you find something. I can''t wait to see what you pick out though!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Luvthemstrawberries!

I tried this dress on - it was a maggie, or a sottero and midgley (and it was light pink)...i loved it - it was strapless, but it had a sweetheart neckline and a beautiful ruching on it. The back was a corsett and the skirt was a very slim A-line. If you like it, i''ll find the link for you - i think it was around $850 or so....

weddingdressviolet2.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Amsale and Vera Wang have a few that I am obsessed with right now.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Ian Stuart does a lot of dresses in subtle peaches, pinks, and soft blues:

http://www.ianstuart-bride.com/ -- see esp. the "belle epoque" and "watercolor" collections

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Not very subtle, but still a pale pink. I pulled this from Demetrios.

GR159_DEM7726.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 6:05:29 PM

You''re welcome! Click the ''search'' link next to ''Personal Section'' near the top of the page. When the search page opens up, check off the box that says ''Search Author'' and then type in the username in the ''Author''s Name'' box. You have to use the exact username or else it won''t come up. I also put in as much info as I can, like ''Amsale'' in the ''Search Word'' box and use the drop down menu for the forum I want to search, in this case, BWW. Hope that helps!
Aaaaaaawesome!!! Thanks so much Panda!!
9.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 7:23:47 PM
Author: Barcelona
This dress is from one of the lines by Pronovias.
My GOSH that is one gorgeous dress!!!!!!! I loooove all the pretty pink ruffles!
30.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results