shape
carat
color
clarity

Subtle French Manicure

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Daydreamer
35.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright, I hope this thread doesn''t die because I''d love to see more pictures of American/French manicures. Giada, what did you end up doing for the wedding you were going to?

I tried do the American manicure - Opi Tutti Frutt on the tip and Essie Pinking up the Pieces on the bed. What does everyone think?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, didn't upload the first time.

ETA: sorry, a little larger than I hoped.

nails2 (Medium).JPG

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 3:58:36 PM
Author: baby monster
Alright, I hope this thread doesn't die because I'd love to see more pictures of American/French manicures. Giada, what did you end up doing for the wedding you were going to?

I tried do the American manicure - Opi Tutti Frutt on the tip and Essie Pinking up the Pieces on the bed. What does everyone think?
All my nails broke while I was spring cleaning, so I can't do a mani right now. When they grow out, I'll post the Beverly Hills mani I do. I also do a shimmery one using Orly Honeymoon in Style (subtle, shimmery pink) and Cut the Cake (soft, shimmery off-white).

ETA after your pic uploaded: Looks very natural.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2008 10:13:34 AM
Author: Giada
Date: 4/22/2008 10:01:32 PM

Author: MoonWater

I always do American manicures instead of French. I hate the white-out look lol. I managed to find a nude nail polish that once painted on, resembles an American manicure because it makes my tips look more opaque while the rest of my nail looks nude.

That sounds interesting, MoonWater. Would you mind sharing the name of the nude polish?

Thanks!

Sure! It''s Sally Hansen''s Advanced Hard as Nails (w/ Nylon + Retinol) and the color is called Sheer Pink Gloss. The color is written on the back (just took me a second to find it) but the shade in the bottle looks like cream. It doesn''t look pink at all, not sure where they came up with that. I would say it looks more like peach cream. Very, very faint color. I have on two coats right now so I''ll try to take pics later.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I''m going to try now. Remember, this is two coats (one coat looks very nice) and it''s about 2 or so weeks old so it''s not the best (some of the shine is gone)...

MoonPolish3.jpg

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
One more not in sun light (the other is in sun light). BTW I hate my knuckles, makes me look 20 years older! lol

MoonPolish4.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2008 4:28:37 PM
Ok, I''m going to try now. Remember, this is two coats (one coat looks very nice) and it''s about 2 or so weeks old so it''s not the best (some of the shine is gone)...
Nice manicure, MoonWater. I''m impressed that your polish lasts that long. Mine is usually gone by the end of the week.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Moonwater, I have that SH Sheer Pink Gloss that I use for a mani... it is a very nice subtle color. I usually pair it with my Orly sheer white Beverly Hills Mani if I want a touch of pink rather than the sheer natural color of the Plum BH Mani.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just did Sugar daddy, one coat of blanc on tips and mademoiselle on top

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 4:49:08 PM
Date: 4/26/2008 4:28:37 PM

Nice manicure, MoonWater. I''m impressed that your polish lasts that long. Mine is usually gone by the end of the week.

Thanks! But it''s hardly a manicure. I haven''t been to a nail salon in ages and I have no idea how to do it myself. I just file my nails and paint them. Now that it''s getting warmer, I need to get them properly done.

Also this polish, along with clear, are the only kinds that last long on me. If I put on red it chips two days later!!

sera there is another polish that has a more pink tone to it. The salon convince me to do it once (I wanted red but she really did not want to put color on my nails and convince me to do a neutral). It looked very pink in the bottle and I was nervous (actually I thought the woman was crazy! lol), but it was so transparent that it looked like a nice less expensive version of an American Mani.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/26/2008 4:01:58 PM
Author: sera

Date: 4/26/2008 3:58:36 PM
Alright, I hope this thread doesn''t die because I''d love to see more pictures of American/French manicures. Giada, what did you end up doing for the wedding you were going to?

All my nails broke while I was spring cleaning, so I can''t do a mani right now. When they grow out, I''ll post the Beverly Hills mani I do. I also do a shimmery one using Orly Honeymoon in Style (subtle, shimmery pink) and Cut the Cake (soft, shimmery off-white).

ETA after your pic uploaded: Looks very natural.
Thanks. Maybe I need to get used to this look, but my tips look kind of dingy to me.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
BabyMonster, I ended up doing Essie Marshmallow tips with Mademoiselle. I really liked it! The Marshmallow is a nice sheer off-white.

MoonWater, I love that color! You''re right, it does look just like a natural French manicure. I''ll have to pick up a bottle the next time I''m at the store.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 4:54:32 PM
Author: sera
Moonwater, I have that SH Sheer Pink Gloss that I use for a mani... it is a very nice subtle color. I usually pair it with my Orly sheer white Beverly Hills Mani if I want a touch of pink rather than the sheer natural color of the Plum BH Mani.
Sera, I''m very interested in seeing the Beverly Hills Manicure!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I went to the salon to pick up a bottle of the Marshmallow that the salon used for my subtle French manicure and I saw a sheer rosy color called Cherry Pop. Apparently they use that for an American manicure, so I picked up a bottle of that and plan on trying that tonight.

ETA: Okay, I couldn't wait until tonight...
I have one coat of Mademoiselle on my nails (which is my "norm"), then I put Marshmallow on the tips, and Cherry Pop on the bed. It looks so wonderful! I'll get some pics this evening!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results