shape
carat
color
clarity

Stylish waterproof boots

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Winter is coming quickly and I was thinking it would be nice to get a decent pair of stylish waterproof boots. I''m thinking I''d like short ones rather than long so I can wear them with pants. I''d prefer some sort of heel. These boots will be worn for work so think something that will go with pantssuits. Most importantly, the boots must endure slush, snow, ice etc. and keep my feet dry. I found some boots on Zappos by La Canadienne that looks stylish and waterproof but I''ve never heard of this brand before.

Any suggestions?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I didn''t know waterproof boots could look so stylish!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 4:33:39 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Wow, I didn''t know waterproof boots could look so stylish!!!
Me either, those look great!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ID, those boots from zappos are super cute! You can ship them back free of charge if you don''t like, them, right? If so I would go for them. Don''t know anything about La Canadienne as far as the brand, but at $225 I would hope they''d be pretty durable/worth the price...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neimans carries it I think. I also have this dilemma now, and want warm, slight heel, waterproof, not cluncky.

Stuart Weitzman makes one I got last year, it is a standard for them. Goretex, looks like microfiber fabric, zips, totally waterproof, not a tall boot, mid size heel, not totally thin and not thick either. They are great because they look a bit nicer and are really waterproof. However, they are not warm or fleecy inside. Check out his website, they look similar to the ones you like and are really great...

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm. Well, we Canadians know winter boots like the population of a northern country where most of it is uninhabitable because it''s beyond the permafrost level... oh. Wait. Nevermind.
41.gif

If they are in fact waterproof, and that rubber heel is the ''good'' stuff, those babies are worth every penny. There aren''t many boots that can handle wet AND ice, and not look hideous.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
The style for the SW''s is called Elemental. You will have these for years. I adore mine.

angel777

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 12:52:05 AM
Author: diamondfan
Neimans carries it I think. I also have this dilemma now, and want warm, slight heel, waterproof, not cluncky.

Stuart Weitzman makes one I got last year, it is a standard for them. Goretex, looks like microfiber fabric, zips, totally waterproof, not a tall boot, mid size heel, not totally thin and not thick either. They are great because they look a bit nicer and are really waterproof. However, they are not warm or fleecy inside. Check out his website, they look similar to the ones you like and are really great...

diamondfan, those boots look awesome!!!
now what do you mean they are not warm? do they need thick socks to make them warm? :)

I am not sure what the point is to buy waterproof booties if they are not warm. :\
say in the snow, you want your feeties to be really roasty.
but i suppose those boots would be good just for fall and rain then?

sorry, im rambling. ill stop now :).

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2006 5:28:51 PM
Author: angel777
Date: 11/2/2006 12:52:05 AM

Author: diamondfan

diamondfan, those boots look awesome!!!

now what do you mean they are not warm? do they need thick socks to make them warm? :)

I am not sure what the point is to buy waterproof booties if they are not warm. :\n
say in the snow, you want your feeties to be really roasty.

but i suppose those boots would be good just for fall and rain then?

sorry, im rambling. ill stop now :).

I just mean they are not fleece lined like an Ugg boot. I wear them with a trouser sock or something a bit thicker and they are fine. They are really waterproof, you could stand in a tub of water and not get your feet wet. But if you are looking for a shearling or fleece type thing, they have others, but I am not sure how waterproof they are...

angel777

Shiny_Rock
I might have to get me a pair of these puppies.
I really want a waterproof pair of shoes.

That "La Canadienne Dora" shoes sound really good. But I am not sure about them being waterproof. I had a pair of boots that was from calf leather supposedly waterproof. But in enough snow and slush, they did leak a tad.
33.gif

For 300, a truely waterproof pair and so stylish too! definitely worth it. thank you for sharing your find! :)

angel777

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I forgot to ask.
Do you need to treat them with something special?
Or do they need any special care?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
they are a gore tex fabric, so I am not sure if there is anything special you have to do to them...they have all types of boots, and I made sure these were the really waterproof pair. I like that they look like a Prada boot or something like that, and really work well with jeans or nicer pants. The zipper is double sealed so no water gets in...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Geralda by La Canadienne and Marvin K Aquitalia Embrace are nice wedge type boots as well

angel777

Shiny_Rock
IslandDreams,
if you do end up getting those shoes from zappos, please share with us how like them.

:)

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I ordered the La Canadienne Dora boots and also the Diamond boots. They should be there today. I love Zappos because if I don''t like them I can send them back. I''m very curious about just how waterproof leather can be. I''m wondering if it will hold up to not only water, but the salty slush that I walk through every day.

The boots will be delivered today while I''m at work so I won''t get to see them until evening. I don''t have internet access on the weekends so I''ll report in on Monday.

Now the question...brown or black. I ordered the boots in black because that''s all they had in my size but I''m not sure. I actually were a mix of black & brown probably 40/60. I''m thinking I could wear the black boots with brown stuff but not brown boots with black stuff.....if that makes sense.

angel777

Shiny_Rock
I don''t own any brown boots. I always buy black.
Black boots go with everything. :)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second that!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, I got my box of boots from Zappos.com on Friday evening. I had ordered the La Canadienne boots in the Dora and Diamond style. I liked the Diamond boots much better than the Dora boots. The Diamond boots have a more streamlined toe box which looks better with my dress clothes. The Dora boots were cute, but much boxier.

The inside of the Diamond boots is furry. The Dora boots have a flannel inside. Both seem warm. On the outside the leather is nice and soft on both and it looks like the seams have been treated to stop water. I''m still not sure how they would hold up to salty slush considering they are leather. The boots are well padded inside and initially seemed really comfortable. However, after walking around inside my house in them the boots pulled my socks down. I have that problem with boots a lot and I''m not sure why it happened. I considering ordering a 1/2 size down to see if that helps the sock slippage.

Both boots are cute and dressy enough that I could wear them at work without having to change my shoes if I wanted which is nice.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, I ordered a 1/2 size down on the boots and it seems to have fixed the socks getting scrunched issue so I think I''ll keep them. They are super comfortable. I did try some others that were recommended including Aquatalia and the Stuart W. Elemental and the La Canadienne Diamond won hands down on the comfort level. The others were a bit more high fashion, but the Diamond''s are still better than anything I''ve worn tromping around in the slush yet. Besides, what''s not to like with a boot named "Diamond."

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bought Aquatalia boots a few years ago and was so disappointed...both zippers broke within the first season worn, and they looked very shabby within a month of light wear. Not warm either...so not worth the big bucks I paid for them.....

The Donald J Pliner fuzz balls I have are much better.....

cheers--Sharon

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to give an update on the La Canadienne boots I bought. I''ve been wearing them for a few weeks now and I have to say I love them. They are so nice and warm in the snow but not too hot to wear in the office all day. The waterproofing really works. It rained a bunch a last week and I walked through 4 inch deep puddles with no leaks. I''m so excited to have found water proof boots that are actually stylish. Winter is long in northern Indiana I think I need more colors....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results