shape
carat
color
clarity

Stupid Shopping Mistakes....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I just realized I have a pair of shoes in two totally different sizes.

My foot was bothering me last night when I was working an event, so I sat down and took my shoe off to inspect the developing blister and I looked at the shoe and realized it was an 8.5. I was like wow, thats odd, I wear a 9, wonder if the other is an 8.5 too because the other foot is larger and not having any problems, so I take off that shoe and see that it is a size 10.

I wear a size 9. I have no clue how I ended up with two totally different sized shoes as a "pair." I remember buying them last summer on sale and they slip on so quickly tried them on, cute, got them, havent worn them much, but I still think they''re really cute.

Anyone know if there''s a way to stretch out the leather a little to make it a tad more comfortable? I''m surprised I''ve gone a year now not knowing!

I''m still laughing at myself
3.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Depending on where you purchased them, you could go back to the store and ask them to stretch the one. If it was a department store, they should have stretchers (I worked in ladies shoes @ a dept. store & had to do that a lot for the little old ladies that insisted they wore a size 6 shoe... more like size 8 but whatever...). If the store doesn''t have stretchers, check w/ a shoe repair place - there may be a nominal fee, but they should be able to do that for you.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Rubbing alcohol on the inside of the shoe will relax leather a little bit- I use the end of broom handle to push it along. Commericial shoe stretchers also do a great shop- if you have a shoe repair place near you they''ll have one.

I worked in retail shoe sales after college- mismates are a major problem, I used to have to write people up for selling them without checking and if they sold three pair over the lifetime of their job, they had to be fired
23.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
ooh thanks for the ideas! i''ll try the rubbing alcohol first and if not, they were at a department store, but it was a while ago that they were bought...(and yes, i''m just noticing this) if not, I''ll give this great shoe guy near my house a try...I sort of thought it was a lost cause, nice to know there are options.

FFF, that is a pretty strict rule! 3 strikes and you''re out, huh?
One time at Nordstroms I wanted a pair of black shoes and the one I wanted was the sample that was out and she went to find the box and found that only a navy shoe was left...which means someone ended up with their shoes being one black and one navy
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My method with a tight leather shoe is to dampen some newspaper, scrunch it up, then stuff the shoe as tightly as possible, making sure to really pack the toe- then leave overnight. This hasn''t failed me yet! You can repeat if neccesary but it usually isn''t.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2005 4:46:25 AM
Author: Lorelei
My method with a tight leather shoe is to dampen some newspaper, scrunch it up, then stuff the shoe as tightly as possible, making sure to really pack the toe- then leave overnight. This hasn''t failed me yet! You can repeat if neccesary but it usually isn''t.
I never would have thought of that. If I had I''d have saved myself a lot of shoes
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2005 8:47:13 AM
Author: Diamonds4Me

Date: 8/15/2005 4:46:25 AM
Author: Lorelei
I never would have thought of that. If I had I''d have saved myself a lot of shoes
3.gif
Yes it is a simple idea but works great! The trick is to really stuff them as tightly as you possibly can - this method has also saved me some serious blisters
6.gif
14.gif
Incidentally I have never found that it ruins the shape of the shoes either, they have always been fine and blissfully looser!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results