shape
carat
color
clarity

Stupid question about fire sprinklers...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know if they can be set of by steam humidifiers?

I am sooooo sick and I can''t breath, so I bought a humidifier, but I am too afraid to go to sleep with it on. I live in an apartment that has fire sprinklers installed in the ceiling.

Can they be triggered by steam?

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I THINK that fire sprinklers are triggered by either heat or smoke. I work in a school and teach cooking and ours are activated by heat (otherwise they would go off every week). I don''t know how you can check though? Maybe ask your landlord? Hope you feel better!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Um..I don''t think so - at least not the amount of steam your humidifier will produce.

In terms of leaving it on at night - I''ve been sleeping with a humidifier on at night during winter since I was a little kid (college is when I got my first hot steam one instead of cold steam). Make sure that you follow the directions - don''t leave it close to a wall, and I also put a tray under it instead of letting it sit on the carpet. Honestly, those tips are for your house more than anything else. Keep it far enough away from your bed that a pillow or something couldn''t end up sitting on top of it if it fell off the side of the bed or something (which technically COULD start a fire though it''s extremely unlikely) - and you should be fine.

Most humidifiers are just like space heaters - they have a sensor and if something happens, the heat thingie will turn off - I know that mine is SUPER sensitive - if the water is too low, if it wasn''t put back together just so after cleaning, it will stop or not turn on and an orange light comes on.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I am a little worried because I have over-salted before at work (I''m a nanny) and the babies room filled with steam. But I''ll make sure not to overdo the salt....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results