carat
color
clarity

Stunning 1.94 ct green chrysoberyl

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Here:

Video here:

This is on Vladyslav Yavorskyy's website and you have to enquire about the price. But that amazing green colour! Very different to the typical yellowish-green colours of this gem, and surely coloured by vanadium.

It's a stunner!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely looks like a vanadium chrysoberyl.

Thanks for sharing!

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
The colour looks very nice

voce

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone reached out to ask how much the seller is asking for this chrysoberyl?

polarisfire

Rough_Rock
Lol I did. :wavey:
It’s in the high 9000s... :cry2: I’ve been staring at this stone daily for about a week, sigh, so out of my league. I keep telling myself the blue tone there has to be enhanced because I haven’t seen any V chrysos that blue yet!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way, mint garnet looks very much like this stone and is much more affordable in this size. 9k for a 1.3 carat stone is a bit much imho

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful!
That bluish green seafoamy color is gorgeous in this gemstone.
Im not a big halo girl but I think a halo of diamonds in 18k rose gold would be stunning.

voce

Ideal_Rock
By the way, mint garnet looks very much like this stone and is much more affordable in this size. 9k for a 1.3 carat stone is a bit much imho

If I had 9k to drop, I'd rather do it on a fine 1.3 ct emerald.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
If I had 9k to drop, I'd rather do it on a fine 1.3 ct emerald.

So is someone an emerald person now? (;

Yessss come to the dark and light side my dear! Muahaha

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Love that v chryso but appreciate the suggestion that a merlani mint might be a reasonable alternative...and theyre not cheap. Beautiful. Thx for sharing.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well a 1.3 ct mint merelani will be maybe $800 to $2k depending where you purchase and the quality of saturation, clarity, cut, etc... Chryso is more durable and it has amazing sparkle, but still, 9k?!!

Love that v chryso but appreciate the suggestion that a merlani mint might be a reasonable alternative...and theyre not cheap. Beautiful. Thx for sharing.

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Lol I did. :wavey:
It’s in the high 9000s... :cry2: I’ve been staring at this stone daily for about a week, sigh, so out of my league. I keep telling myself the blue tone there has to be enhanced because I haven’t seen any V chrysos that blue yet!

I've only just noticed this post. D'oh!

It is expensive but that looks like a more intense colour than usual for a vanadium chrysoberyl. I'd also say that the colour really is like that. I have a small gem chrysoberyl/alexandrite crystal that has a VERY similar colour to that stone in daylight/white LED light. In incandescent light it changes to a much more bland washed-out greyish green. The daylight colour is beautiful though. Maybe it also contains some vanadium.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've only just noticed this post. D'oh!

It is expensive but that looks like a more intense colour than usual for a vanadium chrysoberyl. I'd also say that the colour really is like that. I have a small gem chrysoberyl/alexandrite crystal that has a VERY similar colour to that stone in daylight/white LED light. In incandescent light it changes to a much more bland washed-out greyish green. The daylight colour is beautiful though. Maybe it also contains some vanadium.

@LD once purchased a vanadium chrysoberyl from multicolor.com that ended up being an alexandrite. It was similar to this color in daylight, but turned pinkish in artificial light.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've bought small things from Yvorskyy gems and the pics and videos are generally very true to real life colour.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results