shape
carat
color
clarity

Stuck in Amarillo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,
I have followed this thread and just feel so badly for you. I hope the rest of the trip will be better and that you feel better soon. I had a sinus infection last month, it was no fun, but I was home and not stuck in drafty hotels like you have been. Best wishes to you guys for a happy new year!!! And hope your precious kitty gets well soon too.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
We usually never get weather like this. I am so sorry. I guess our state is poor so they don''t use the machinary.

I do like Holiday Inn Express''s. They are nice and have a nice breakfast. Best wishes and Happy New Year!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
She was joking about that Skippy. The cop at the rest stop said that they didn''t really start removing snow till the weather had cleared... and we were joking about the logic of that. No offense to NM meant. Sorry.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 11:27:36 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Gypsy,

I have followed this thread and just feel so badly for you. I hope the rest of the trip will be better and that you feel better soon. I had a sinus infection last month, it was no fun, but I was home and not stuck in drafty hotels like you have been. Best wishes to you guys for a happy new year!!! And hope your precious kitty gets well soon too.

Kaleigh... honestly... I'm just venting frustration. I need an outlet and this thread's been it. But well... Df and I have each other, we've been lucky enough to keep level heads and good humors about this whole thing... and well... Crap happens. I'm grouchy and achy but the cats are safe and we will be home soon enough. Work is going to feel like a vacation after this. LOL.

Best wishes to all of you and your families... I'm off to bed. Hitting the road early tomorrow.

I hope to be posting from Phoenix tommorow folks!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry. I hope you make it safe and sound to Phoneix. Hugs and hope you feel better!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear things are moving again.
Prayers outgoing for a safe trip.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh Gypsy...this sounds like such a miserable experience, but one that should make a great story on the other end
2.gif
3.gif

I really hope that you guys made it to Phoenix OK and that both you and the poor kitty are feeling better.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
12 hours and 791 miles later and we are IN PHOENIX!

YAY! We took US 70 across to I10! Weather was great. It''s 57 freaking degrees at night in January here! YAY! I LOVE Phoenix. Fever seems to have broken too (Thank you Zithromax). A little over 700 miles tommorow till home... we are REALLY praying we can do it in 10 hours.

Okay. I''m exhausted and I have about an hour of work to do tonight before I can crash. Goodnight all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear you are almost there!!!! Thanks for letting us know.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Skippy!

9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
good news :}

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOME!!!!!

Got in at 5:45. Unpacked the car. Washed our clothes. Unpacked everything. Changed the litterbox. Had dinner. Going to bed!!!!

AT HOME!

It''s GREAT, FABULOUS, WONDERFUL to be HOME! Together. Finally.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 11:51:41 PM
Author: Gypsy
HOME!!!!!

Got in at 5:45. Unpacked the car. Washed our clothes. Unpacked everything. Changed the litterbox. Had dinner. Going to bed!!!!

AT HOME!

36.gif
YAY!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is wonderful to hear!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s wonderful news! Congrats, and welcome home!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Movers are going to be here at 10 am. I''ll be at work a s I wasn''t able to make it today and we have deadlines coming up (again and always lol). The cats are going to be in the bathroom for the day... and then this weekend we''ll be unpacking and settling in! It''s so nice to be so close to settled ... I can''t wait.

Thanks everyone (most especially Skippy) for keeping me sane!
21.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Whew! Ya''ll get some much needed rest, now!!

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone (most especially Skippy) for keeping me sane!
21.gif
Ah, Gypsy, that is so sweet.
face23.gif
I just felt bad NM kept you from getting to your destination. I am glad you made it safe and sound; that is the most important thing!!

I am in shock how slow ABQ is at plowing the roads. I guess since we never get snow, people don''t know how to clear the pretty white stuff!! Our public schools aren''t plowed so the kids had a week off. They go back Monday; crazy!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 11:51:41 PM
Author: Gypsy
HOME!!!!!

AT HOME!

36.gif
Amen!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 11:53:57 PM
Author: Skippy123

I am in shock how slow ABQ is at plowing the roads. I guess since we never get snow, people don't know how to clear the pretty white stuff!! Our public schools aren't plowed so the kids had a week off. They go back Monday; crazy!!!

MONDAY! Wow... those kids are THRILLED right now. lmao.

You know... looking back, it would be like the SF Bay Area getting snow. None one would know what to do! Granted ABQ at least gets snow fairly regularly... but they just had no idea how to deal with it. My only remaining complaint is that they needed to be better about making it known just how much impact the weather was having on them. In Amarillo whe watched the news regarding the storm and kept checking the NM roads website... and it just wasn't clear to us how bad the situation was... if we'd known... we never would have tried to go to 40 on Sunday when they opened the road... we would have headed south immediately.

Still. It's over... and let me tell you: I was ecstatic to be back at work yesterday.

Thanks again everyone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, Gypsy!! I am so glad you have finally made it back to CA! I know you were unhappy where you were. So 2007 will hopefully be a great year for you!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
glad you made it gypsy! i felt so bad for you and the many others that were stranded during the storm. as you said, we aren''t prepared for this sort of thing. usually when it snows here, it is melted the same day or the very next day at the latest. it is crazy that we still have a foot of snow on the ground. today is the first day that it has been above freezing so everything is finally starting to melt. it''s been a week since the storm but there is just no way to clear all of the stuff out of here without the sun and warm temperatures. it stinks when you need to get out and about but when this happens maybe once every 15 or 20 years, it''s not worth the $$$ to have the equipment on hand to maintain it ''just in case''.
don''t hold it against us!
emhot.gif

how are the kitties?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif

The kitties are good. We got our bed set up last night (I''d forgotten how high the sucker is) and that seemed to calm them as it smells familiar and is a sign of normalcy. I would swear that Hally *knew* this morning that this was her new home. I think that the other two are starting to get a clue.... but after all the hotels and displacement of the last week... they are still afraid we are going to pack them up and take them somewhere else. They''ll settle. The fabulous new cat tree we bought them arrived in the mail today... so we''ll set that up for them tonight and I think that will be another ''clue'' for them (although the 47 boxes of stuff that is in my living room should be a good clue too). Duncan and Frodo have been very brave for themselves so far though... they aren''t like Hally (everywhere, always curious, and eager for the next challenge) but they are cautiously exploring their new surroundings and I think they will adjust welll. We''ve already gotten a fair amount of unpacking done... but so much of our stuff was either thrown out as it wasn''t worth it to ship or store or is in storage in NJ as it was too expensive to ship right now and our small apartment doesn''t have room for it. I am going to have to buy a TON more furniture than I had budgeted for. Which is good, and bad. When we can sell the house... things will be better financially... but for now we haven''t found decent renters... so the furniture thing is SERIOUSLY making me tense. Plus DF forgot to put our nightstands on the truck (don''t ask how-- he forgot my china too) so we threw into storage for the time being... and now I need to buy new bedroom furniture too as we Just have the bed. AND our house had closet organizers... so I never bought dressers... and the apartment here doesn''t have anything of the sort.

Okay. I must stop. That''s why I haven''t been posting much about this stuff... I''m terrified and scared... and once I start I can''t stop.

It''s going to be okay though. It is. Really.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I am so glad you guys are home! It must feel wonderful!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saw this and thought of you. Glad to hear your journey ended safely!! Happy New Year!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tacori and Deco its a huge relief to be home. Deco that plate is so fitting! Too bad I have a discretionarty housewares expenditures bann!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results