shape
carat
color
clarity

struggling with a metal choice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

klawrence2

Rough_Rock
I am a novice metalsmither attempting to create my own diamond bands. I flush set some in an 18K green gold band that turned out beautifully and I want to do the same in a white colored band. I''m having trouble determining what the best metal to use may be. I don''t think white gold is the answer because it is not really white and I don''t want to have to plate it. Platinum may be beyond my budget. I recently experimented with some pure palladium and that too still looks grey to me. Is there anything else out there?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
white gold with palladium as an alloy, which doesn't need plating and is "white"? maybe? There is such a thing. Don't know if it's available to you or if you'd want to use it. Hopefully others can chime in.

klawrence2

Rough_Rock
from what i''ve seen palladium white gold is even grayer than pure palladium..

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
It''s of matter of individual taste, I guess, but I''m curious that you find palladium to be too grey. I love the color of palladium! Oh well. Just trying to give you another option.

klawrence2

Rough_Rock
i think maybe I am also just to used to working with a lot of silver, you can''t get any whiter than that... but I dont think its a good choice for me for setting diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results