shape
carat
color
clarity

"Structural Fabric Issues" with the Maggie Sottero Raquel dress? What to do now??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
I am confused at this point. Really confused.

BuyMaggie.com who I thought had the Raquel dress from Maggie Sottero just called me back. They said they no longer sell the discontinued dress because there were "Structural Fabric Issues" with the dress that made it not flow & hang correctly. They said they had 10 of them and each of them turned up with this problem. She recommended against buying the dress without having tried that specific one on.

Now the one in the store that I tried on looked fine (I think, but then again I''m not sure I would recognize it if it were "wrong" somehow).

So what should I do?? It''s tempting to just give up on htis whole mess entirely. It seems ridiculous to now spend $1000 on a sample dress that did have a few loose threads that might (or might not) have structural issues. Ugh - I am SO frustrated right now.

Aussie : p

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 2:57:42 PM
Author:aussiegirl23

So what should I do?? It's tempting to just give up on htis whole mess entirely. It seems ridiculous to now spend $1000 on a sample dress that did have a few loose threads that might (or might not) have structural issues. Ugh - I am SO frustrated right now.

Were you able to offer the bridal salon less for the Maggie sample? If you decide to (bring one of those friends that can haggle!), try the dress on again and move around, watching the dress swing. If it looks fine, then it'll swing the same way on your wedding day (granted you don't make major changes in alterations).

Would you regret giving up on the Raquel? I find it helps to sleep on things, because sometimes, it takes a while for my mind to change (or to know that I absolutely want something!)

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Ebree,

The salon is closed Sundays & Mondays so I haven''t had a chance to talk with them again.

I will be bringing one of my best friends with me on Tuesday. He''s one of those guys who can talk a car salesman into some pretty ridiculous deals. Sleezy, but oh-so-useful sometimes. They''ll probably think it wierd to be bringing a guy dress shopping with me, but who cares
11.gif

I think it flowed fine... it''s just that I don''t feel like getting swindled because I''m a dress-ignorant moron! But I''ll certainly try it on again and move around a lot more this time. I think before I was too scared to move more than about 2 inches thinking I''d rip something.

I would really regret giving up on that dress - it just is seeming like there are too many icky variables here
14.gif

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
If that web-place says 10 came back faulty then I''d take that into serious consideration. BUT if that specific sample dress does not feel odd to you (and believe me, if you weren''t aware of it before..NOW you will be searching for it so you''ll notice this next time) and you can get a good deal on it then just assume that that specific sample is one of the non-faulty ones and buy it and then rejoice :)

Can you ask the web place exactly what "structural fabric issues" means on Tuesday before going back to the BnM shop? That way, you will know what to look for. I find that in a bridal shop....in that confined space and not free to truly wear it for awhile and do different movements in it.......one is not really able to see the dress in motion so perhaps those others find out something odd after getting it home or something....and if you can know ahead of time kind of what that was, then you can find it (or not, hopefully) at the BnM shop.

You might also try another Maggie on that has the same general shape (alot of hers are similar) and have something to compare Raquel to? Who knows, you may actual fall for another Maggie this way and not have to deal with this seed of doubt at all.

Either way, good luck and keep us posted!!! And show pics if you can
9.gif
9.gif

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
I''m a really cheap person most of the time, so I buy a lot of things on clearance or through outlets that have some little defect or other and trust me, you would know if there was a major problem -- When you try it on walk around in it and see if you feel anything pulling or just generally odd feeling, if not then I think you''re okay - Also, if you don''t see any defect then I wouldn''t worry about it, a lot of the time they pull the dresses because of some tiny mishap that only the designers can see and not all of the dresses are affected. Kind of like a recall on cars - not every car is going to catch fire, but it''s easier to fix them all than worry about the chance of the one that will --

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
I posted on the Knot about the dress (looking for girls selling, or just girls who had worn them) and have gotten 6 responses. none quite similar enough to the one I''m looking for (size wise) but ALL of them have said the dress was absolutely fine! YAY!

This makes me wonder if this lady was trying to steer me away from the Raquel dress because she just didn''t have one... instead of its having issues. JERK!

I''m going in tomorrow to try the sample on again and talk down its price... wish me luck!

thanks for all your help
9.gif

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Aussiegirl,

Did you get your dress for the price you wanted?

Just wondering how this story ends!

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results