carat
color
clarity

Strong Blue Fluorescence OEC!!!!!!!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.94 L VS2 from LAD

The pictures don't do it justice. It's so white, you would never guess it's an L.

_34662.jpg

_34663.jpg

_34664.jpg

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Cool! Beautiful stone. I'm so happy for you :appl:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love: Congratulations!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous stone!! I can't wait to see how you set it!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! More photos in other lightings please.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks so beautiful! :love:

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
wow that looks so exquisite.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hoped to get more pics today but I am in NC and we are getting deluged with rain this week. :((

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new diamond!!! Will be awaiting for more pics. Congrats!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! L's can be luscious! Digging the SBF too..what a bonus!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a gorgeous stone and I love that it has SBF! :love: So happy for you! I can't wait to see it set!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I am loving your new diamond and can't wait to see what you do with it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a gorgeous stone!! :love: I'm really looking forward to seeing how you set it - congrats!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am really looking forward to your finished ring as your diamond is beautiful!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous OEC! :love: It's beautiful! :appl:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been drooling all over my keyboard while looking at your diamond on Grace's site. It's gorgeous and the blue fluor!!!! OMG!!!!!!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think of these settings?

ud2.png

ud.png

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the angled halo. A soft cushion or round halo would suit that stone much better IMO.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
I think they are both quite hideous to be honest. Are you trying to hide the pavilion because of the diamond's color?

There are more open settings you could choose that can help hide the color without having to resort to this.

If you want a halo for added size then that's a different story. I'd opt for a cushion or round halo though.

modern-engagement-set-with-all-metal-halo-engagement-ring-r1315zzs-an3-w.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I am going to be different and say i like these settings that you have chosen.

[b]My disclaimer[/b]:

For me: most of my ring settings and diamonds have a certain vintage and angular look to them.
My set is an asscher in a semi tension setting and carre eternity in a channel setting... ie angular/ square-ish.
My OEC is set in a square bezel/ tablet kinda setting with some milgrain. so another angular setting.

Sooooo, my opinion is:

i do like the look of rounds in the octagonal setting. it has a certain vintage feel to it. In the line up that you have, i prefer the setting without the halo, and the bezel a little thinner around the circumference of the stone. To me, that way the stone is the centre of attention. As for the depth (crown to pavilion dimension) of the bezel, that gallery is closed and it is thicker than what i personally like. But, i can see the merit in having this design... it will probably keep the dirt out of the pavilion area. some might argue that you want as much light goign through the diamond to get it to sparkle/ reflect more light through the diamond. But the stone looks really sparkly. There are some gents setting that have the entire diamond embedded in the ring.. eg gypsy settings. There are some other settings : hammer set or bead set... but these are for much smaller/ melee diamonds, which do not apply to this beauty that you have.

As for halos around the stone... i prefer round halos or halos that follow the shape of the stone.

However, it all depends on what it is that you are looking for. You like what you like.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
You have your perfection however the settings you are considering will in all probability obscure some of the outer faucet detail so no sorry I am not loving your chooses - but end of days it is your chose.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, worth waiting for indeed!!! Have you seen the Sebastion Barier halos and Caysie halos - both make one that are a similar shape to your pics in an Antique style that would suit your stone.... I think DK has one like it too...

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1 said:
Congrats, worth waiting for indeed!!! Have you seen the Sebastion Barier halos and Caysie halos - both make one that are a similar shape to your pics in an Antique style that would suit your stone.... I think DK has one like it too...

I adore Sébastien Barier's halos. His octagonal halo is hands down my favorite setting of all time. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results