shape
carat
color
clarity

Stress tips?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I had a thread like this before asking, "What do you do to relax?" But I thought I would redo it in a different way and ask what your top stress-coping tips are.
5.gif
For me I just try to take deep breaths and do something productive to take my mind off of things. Sometimes it works.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deep breathing where you feel the breath in your belly and closing my eyes and thinking of something peaceful (maybe the ocean or a favorite sight you have seen).

Also, reflecting on things that I thought were huge, made me realize I never died from the pressure or stress from it (nor is it something I could not overcome) so I realized this too I shall overcome or be able to face.

Thinking about how much I love my husband and family! hehe
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 10:36:33 AM
Author: Skippy123
Deep breathing where you feel the breath in your belly and closing my eyes and thinking of something peaceful (maybe the ocean or a favorite sight you have seen).

Also, reflecting on things that I thought were huge, made me realize I never died from the pressure or stress from it (nor is it something I could not overcome) so I realized this too I shall overcome or be able to face.

Thinking about how much I love my husband and family! hehe
2.gif

DOUBLE DITTO SKIPPY!!!!!!!
9.gif
35.gif
36.gif

Linda

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
my stress coping tips include the services of both ben and jerry, and are usually accompanied by a brownie and some hot fudge.

i have to say that i highly recommend it.

3.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
A nice walk will do it for me.If I have a dog with me its even better I can tell them all my problems and they listen well.
I try to deal with situations as they come before it gets stressful.
Its easier said than done.

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
Mimzy you are too funny! I have been using the services for Ben and Jerry a little to often
lately!!
emsmile.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I live at the base of the beautiful Wasatch Mountain range in Utah. When I''m feeling stressed, upset or just like I need a moment of clarity, I head up the canyon. I can be in the middle of nowhere in less than 15 minutes. Sometimes I just drive the winding roads, others I''ll pull over and sit by the river. It always seems to ground me again and makes my troubles seem more bearable.
1.gif
Something about the grandeur of the mountains has a way of reminding you just how small you and your problems really are.
2.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Bubble bath and a good book.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Getting a different opinion and, as cheesy as this sounds, remembering that there are people dealing with much bigger issues and things could be so much worse.

It also helps to focus on the end goal. For example: I get so wrapped up in wedding details and so stressed out that I have to remind myself of the end goal: being married.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Guided Imagery aka Guided Relaxation...

I download tracks from iTunes and listen to them at night to help me sleep (or during the day if needed). It helps me take my mind off things and gets me to focus on my breathing and on calming images.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 7:14:16 PM
Author: goldenstar
Guided Imagery aka Guided Relaxation...

I download tracks from iTunes and listen to them at night to help me sleep (or during the day if needed). It helps me take my mind off things and gets me to focus on my breathing and on calming images.

Well, everyone has great tips!! I also really like this idea goldenstar..what kind of images do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results