shape
carat
color
clarity

Streaker......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

michigan guy

Rough_Rock
Here''s the proposal I''ve been pondering.

I''m from Michigan so I love U of M football and my girlfriend doesn''t mind them either. Well I have a plan to get tickets and sometime during the game take off to the restrooms. Soon after she''ll find a streaker dressed in just boots, a cape and googles running around on the field. Hopefully if I can avoid security long enough to make it to the 50 yard line and bend over with the words "Will you marry me?" on my butt.

I''m actually thinking about changing my mind from streaking to putting on some whitey tighies. That way I shouldn''t get into as much trouble with the streaking laws.

What do you think?

andrea

Shiny_Rock
I think you're asking for a whole lot of trouble you don't need to start off a relationship.
Try finding out if you can pop the question on one of the advertising boards, or if you drink beer, go to the concessions, and get a beer, and drop the diamond ring in the cup you give her. (Make sure it's a relativly clear drink so she can see it before she drinks it) OR, just stay away from the whole football scenario.
Good luck
11.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I sure hope that's a joke! If not, please let me know when you plan to do this as I have a cousin who's a student at U of M, as was his sister. I'm sure he'd like to see that. Then again, maybe not. He's so darn mature.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. No. and No.
9.gif

The key sentence here is your second one...where you say that you love the U of M team and your girlfriend doesn't mind them either.

If she 'doesn't mind' them, it doesn't mean that she wants the proposal to be at a game, and I am sure she doesn't want to see Will You Marry Me written on your butt as you get arrested and dragged from the field with the ring trampled underneath the next play.

C'Mon get creative! You are here researching the diamond and the purchase to be sure you get an excellent selection for her...make the proposal something she'd really enjoy as well!

2.gif

shurikt

Rough_Rock
I think your idea is:

A. Hilarious, and
B. A really bad idea.

If you decide to do it though, make sure somebody videotapes it so you can share...

Riprock

Rough_Rock
I can't imagine any woman that wouldn't want her proposal written across the butt of her intended... yea, right.

I'm sure the post is a joke anyway
1.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely agree with Mara. You should do something that either you're both crazy about or that you imagine as fantasy-like because even if neither of you is a romantic, a proposal should be. However, if you don't go the romantic route, if she's the kind of girl who loooooves football then maybe a scoreboard proposal or a half-time show (do they even have those for things other than the Super Bowl?) but if she merely "doesn't mind" football you don't want to propose in that way. Not only that but, don't you want to experience her reaction first hand and not after she has to claim you at security or worse yet bail you out of jail?

Personally, when my boyfriend officially pops the question, I want it to be in a way that I can relive it often and when I share it with others, I get "How sweet" or "How romantic" not, "You're kidding, right?".

I'm interested in hearing about Mara's proposal since I whole-heartedly agree with her.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well Lanee ..here's the story...my proposal was actually very low-key and mellow.

It was during a weeknight, partly because I was so anxious to get the ring and he was so anxious to give it to me and partly because it wasn't a big surprise; I had already been in on the 'making' of the ring and selection of the stone. We also had a busy weekend coming up, so if he wanted to wait until a weekend for a getaway or something it would have been at least another week and that would NOT HAVE WORKED!
1.gif

We went to an awesome restaurant in SF, one of my favorites, he called ahead to get a semi-secluded table, and then in the middle of dinner he said he couldn't wait any longer, popped out the box but didn't open it, popped the Q....I grabbed wildly at the box, he said I had to say yes first, I did & snatched the box, popped it open and almost fell off my seat.

Diamonds sparkle best in low light, or mine does anyway and this thing looked like it was literally ON FIRE. This may be because of the small stones around the band...but all I could do was just stare. Of course he loved my reaction, said he did the same thing when he picked it up from the jewelers. So I had him put it on my lonely little finger (no bended knee for my prideful Leo guy!), the restaurant gave us champagne to toast, and on the way home we called my family and stopped at Krispy Kreme for some celebratory donuts!
1.gif
Of course at home I made him get on a knee and propose again...this time he asked if I wanted to get hitched, so I did get the bended knee in a roundabout way.
9.gif

Our whole scenario was a little sabotaged because I knew it was coming. Anything he planned had to be quick and dirty (heehee) or else I would have gone nuts waiting! BUT if it was a surrpise, I would have been much more demanding..e.g. a weekend away, a favorite beach or picnic...etc. He also knew I did not want a public proposal as I am really not into people ooh'ing and aaah'ing over me or us or anything...I wanted it to be something that only we shared.

So for the guys who want to propose, if its a surprise, DO make it a fantasy come true, and take into consideration how private or public your girl is...you may love the idea of a public proposal but she may not. In the end its about both of you, but you only get the chance to do it ONCE (hopefully!), so make it count!!
1.gif
You do want a great story in the end to tell your future children...not 'Yeah so after I picked up Dad from jail..we went out and celebrated at the Steak Pit because I spent all our savings on bail'.
9.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sure this is a joke, but it really cracked me up anyway.
2.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Mara,

Once again, nice touch on the reference to the original thread post.

I, too, will be in on the making of the ring or at least that is my feeling because my BF has no clue about these things. I will decide on the stone and hopefully he can do good with the setting on his own with a checklist because I want to be semi-surprised. I don't know when the setting will be made or how long it will take but I know it will be after buying the diamond. We agreed on a setting and a budget (though Robin & Todd/NiceIce have me wanting to renegotiate the budget) and I will be sure to include on my checklist the platinum mix I want and the quality of the baguettes (or whatever they're called) I want in the setting. And- I have pics of different angles of the settings saved on our computer at home so all he has to do is print or email them and make sure he follows the checklist.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not to hijack the thread (though its an old one!) but Lanee I highly recommend handing things over to him with your ideas/suggestions after you purchase the stone. As much as I *loved* doing the legwork, research and getting so involved....it also made for him to be a little bit more lazy than he could have been otherwise! He knew I'd handle things to get what I wanted in the end..all he had to do was fork over the $$!
1.gif

Also 20/20 hindsight...being surprised would have been really cool. It was still very cool, but if I had to do it again, I may not have gotten so involved. Chances are ANYTHING he gave me I would have loved as he has pretty high quality taste when it comes to jewelry and will do the research when necessary. In the past I asked for .50c tcw earrings for everyday wear and he decided he thought they were too small and got me the 1ctw! So I know that if he had done things his way, yes I may have gotten a solitaire instead of the cool diamond band (thats more me than him though he loves it now), but I bet my stone would have been pretty close to what it is now...though the research was fun fun fun!

So try if you can...to stay out of things after the stone is bought. It will drive you NUTS but the surprise in the end will be worth it IMO!
1.gif
Plus make him do some work here....it should be his show.
3.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sure it will drive me crazy but you're absolutely right. I want to be surprised in some respect so I want him to take the reigns after the purchase of the stone.

Sorry, for hijacking the post Michigan Guy.

michigan guy

Rough_Rock
I plan on making my proposal romantic and memorable, even if it doesn't have anything to do with my butt cheeks. Thanks for all the advice on streaking.

Michigan Guy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results