shape
carat
color
clarity

Straight Talk on Radiants

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantsearcher

Rough_Rock
I have read a lot of posts on this board that great Radiant''s are hard to find. My G/F love the cut so no comments on that issue. I am looking to spend 8000-9000 on a 1.5c square radiant. Please let me know if this makes sense:

1. +-$500 the prices on Bluenile, Whiteflash, DCD, are about the same for identical diamonds.
2. On blue nile, the "very good" cut - SI1 - G or H - 1.0-1.05 are in my price range (8-9K).
3. If I don''t want to dedicate my life to finding the perfect diamond (just a great to the naked eye one) can I go wrong with asking giving the gemologist at bluenile or whiteflash 4 or 5 diamonds that meet my criteria and letting them pick out the best one? Will I even be able to tell the difference between them not having the experience?

Thanks in Advance,

DT in Chicago

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Radiantsearcher, and welcome to PriceScope!

I know I have read, in the past, a post from someone that purchases from Whiteflash. When she called to ask them about a particular diamond, the cutter actually got on the phone and spoke to her about the stone, and he even suggested another stone for her to view. I think she ended up with the diamond that he suggested to her. I think I would not have trouble calling them and asking what they have in your price range.

One thing to keep in mind regarding Radiant cuts is that there is no standard as there is for Round Brilliant diamonds. So, there are a number of duds out there. You really need to view them yourself to see what you really like. Have you gone to any jewelry stores to see any Radiants? You will find all kinds of cuts being passed off as Radiants. If you have the opportunity to look up this website, you will find quite a bit of info on Radiants. You can also see if they have a store offering their stones near you.

I was just looking up Radiants on this site and found this diamond. (I just had to edit this because the diamond would not come up for some reason. The one I saw was the last one on the list. The 1.37 F VS) It is in their "Signature Diamond" series and has some good numbers. Again, they really need to be viewed to be appreciated.

Good luck with your search!
9.gif

radiantsearcher

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the post - I guess I am very concerned about the Chicago Jewlers Row scam artists. That''s why I was leaning towards the Bluenile, DCD, or Whiteflash route - Do I have as much to be concerned about with the Online route as the B&M stores? I feel confident enough (having seen a handful of radiants and pictures on this website along with GIA certs) to avoid getting totally ripped off. However, I looked at some radiants at New York Jewlers and the price game, in store lighting, etc. makes everything seem like a good deal. I guess I could find the diamond I want at a B&M, get a copy of the cert (hopefully it is the cert that goes with that stone), and run a price search on this website to make sure i am in the ballpark pricewise. I guess I was hoping for a "bluenile/DCD/WF" is the best way to go and they will give you a "non-dud" diamond if you are willing to spend 8 or 9K.

Thoughts? Or does this have to be really complicated to get a beautiful 1.5C Radiant Diamond for 8-9K?

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Radiatnt - I worked with a great jeweler in the Jewlers Building in Chicago. He took his time with us, showed us tons of stones, helped us get the setting we wanted and was truly just great to work with. PM me if you want his contact info, I really recommend him highly, espcially after spending some time on looking at other jewelers along the nefarious row.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results