carat
color
clarity

Storm ISAIAS - Will become a hurricane

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Asscherhalo_lover glad you’re ok.

Rain just stopped and we’re in between rain bands. Look how gorgeous it is outside at the moment.

CD054D36-0232-46DB-95CD-D76D214EE228.jpeg

Ok winds picking up again.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No power :(

Evehthing else is fine though here so far but crazy wind gusts!

ETA: This is not confirmed officially but a neighbor said a tornado went right over our city and on to route 9 possibly in Middletown CT.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of downed trees in Brooklyn too.

466AECC9-A695-47B3-A592-469D799863E8.jpeg

073D86F6-CC97-4C63-B09F-7C9F8251C1EA.jpeg

0B7A46C2-AE0A-4C94-860C-A41D23A990B4.jpeg

1DF68C2F-A425-404C-BD42-0E5B901F2DD8.jpeg

7128DEFF-3DD3-476E-9096-FF09BAD8E4A8.jpeg

CB8A5D67-9829-41C4-B279-AB9AC7EB8A3E.jpeg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa! :shock:

I hear the storm is moving about 40mph? thats fast! Looks like Lowell,MA is getting the crap beat out of it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm has left our area but power still down and now so is internet and cable. Estimated time of fix unknown. And our LTE is so slow and rarely works in the house because we’re on the edge of the cell tower service since we are on the water.

However it’s nice outside now and I took another pic. Hope everyone is doing ok.

6D9F716E-E8B2-40DB-A26F-92FFCF0446A7.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a tip for those without power that might not have a whole house generator or no generator, you can use your solar landscape lights for small closets or bathrooms.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is everyone doing? Hope all is well. The storm really did a number on our area and so many are still without any power. JCP&L still have 600,000 customers out of 1.2 million without power. So half of their customers without power in our area including us (tho our generator is working still knock wood that continues).

And our cable and internet and phone are still not working. Comcast /XFinity (Our cable company) restored cable and internet and phone last night to everyone in our neighborhood but we are still without any services here. Greg reset everything but to no avail. They have a tech coming to our house this evening and I am hoping they can fix it. Something is very wrong. Greg cannot work without his internet work phone nor his computer so we really need this fixed sooner vs later. Please think good thoughts for us this evening. Tech due around 6PM.

For all of you without power etc hope it gets restored soon. Stay safe.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are more than 685K without power here in CT. I just looked up the 2011 Halloween snowstorm to see the number of outages from that and it was over 800k, we were out 5 full days from that so hopefully we don't have to wait as long this time.

Our neighbor next door had their wires pulled right out of their house when a limb came down so we have power wires across our front yard and the road is closed in front of our house. Nobody was hurt so that's a positive.

There was no gas in town so DH had to cross the bridge to the next town over to find gas, all the stations here are down

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are more than 685K without power here in CT. I just looked up the 2011 Halloween snowstorm to see the number of outages from that and it was over 800k, we were out 5 full days from that so hopefully we don't have to wait as long this time.

Our neighbor next door had their wires pulled right out of their house when a limb came down so we have power wires across our front yard and the road is closed in front of our house. Nobody was hurt so that's a positive.

There was no gas in town so DH had to cross the bridge to the next town over to find gas, all the stations here are down

Ugh, it sucks. Every time we lose power and services I think how did people do it so long ago when there was no electricity etc. I guess we are spoiled but it isn't our fault. LOL we are used to it and it's so hot outside. I feel for all without power now.

I think there are well over a million without power in NJ. There are 3 power providers in NJ. JCP&L is but one and half their customers are still without power but the other 2 companies also have many customers without power.

And I agree. Same here. It is going to be many days for many customers. During Sandy we were without power for over 2 weeks IIRC. Not fun.

Sending electric energy dust to all who need it. Stay cool and stay safe.

@Arcadian how is it by you? How are you guys doing?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness...sounds terrible up there! All the trees plus Corona is going to impeed the efforts to restore power. :(2 Is the weather at least not too bad?

@YadaYadaYada your poor neighbors..thats gonna be hellish to fix...

@missy all is well here. We're having normal FL summer weather; sticky and gross. Day after the storm however it was so nice and dry for about 4 hours. We're back to daily downpours though.

Sincerely hoping you guys get electric soon!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness...sounds terrible up there! All the trees plus Corona is going to impeed the efforts to restore power. :(2 Is the weather at least not too bad?

@YadaYadaYada your poor neighbors..thats gonna be hellish to fix...

@missy all is well here. We're having normal FL summer weather; sticky and gross. Day after the storm however it was so nice and dry for about 4 hours. We're back to daily downpours though.

Sometimes it does feel as if it’s the end of the world.

Glad you’re safe @Arcadian! Our weather is humid and hot too. Summer is thy name.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is hot here @Arcadian but the worst we have been through was that winter snow storm because we have electric heat we were freezing so that makes it worse. I'll take hot over that any day.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
I am glad that everyone is ok and hope anyone without power gets it connected soon. Take care x

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, what a mess...I hope you guys get your electricity back soon. Glad everyone is ok!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our power is back and so is internet and cable. What a relief.

For all still without power I’m sending bucketloads of electric dust your way. @MamaBee @Slick1 and everyone else.

Trees still down everywhere but slowly getting cleared. It’s sad seeing such big beautiful old trees uprooted and dead. :(

7B489877-DB72-4375-A6A6-23C844A27B71.jpeg

FB8C9433-4EA1-41AC-B702-A3D6113B5121.jpeg

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
We are without power for 25 hours now. Electric company "hopes to restore this evening"

The 2011 storm left weather relics that made it much more difficult to restore. Except for being hot now, today was an absolutely perfect weather day. There is some unrest here among citizens of our town as to why this is taking so long and why, mysteriously, major sites like the local gun manufacturer got power restored last night but residences mere hundreds of feet away are still without power.

People were willing to be understanding for 5-6-7 hours but at 25 hours people are getting a little tetchy. Not easy to understand when there are clear blue skies and no weather forecast for days - as opposed to several feet of snow and ice in the way.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am currently sitting in the local library parking lot (it’s closed also) just to have cell service! We have been without power now for ~33 hours. Thank goodness we have a generator. Our entire county was out but I think some are back online.
Growing up, I don’t remember losing power for days on end like these past few years here in NY. Ughhh
Stay safe all...I’ll be back when our power is restored in a few days. :x2 Miss you guys!! ♥

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I was losing it when I had to go without for 2 days (some people here had 2 weeks + with Irma and even more with Michael)

@missy glad that you got electric!! Its the little things we take for granted sometimes.

@kb1gra has there been any discussion of sheltering if electricity doesn't come back on in the next 24 hours? Not great considering covid situation, but, people will lose food and god knows what else if this continues.

@Slick1 hopefully not too much longer. In general I think its because the grid is overstretched in lots of places. Here I'm used to having rolling brown outs. The electric company PAYS people to voluntarily brown out 2 hours a week. I choose to only for a month, it can be kinda lucrative.... but I also have a big generator which softens my blow. It is kinda weird to run on a generator and still have cable though....lol

I've had one friend who also is without power, lost pretty much everything in her basement in Pennsylvania. She's now at her parents who have electric but I don't even think she had flood insurance, so will have a fight on her hands.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
@kb1gra has there been any discussion of sheltering if electricity doesn't come back on in the next 24 hours? Not great considering covid situation, but, people will lose food and god knows what else if this continues.

No. The general attitude of the power company (and the people in the town) was that you should have a generator if you need power for anything, including preserving food. I think that's a bit of a ridiculous premise, but...

We went 30 hours before getting enough service to turn on the AC. I was less concerned about losing food, I couldn't care less about having to re-buy a few hundred $ worth of food - but people with elderly parents and newborns, the heat here was well into the 90s today. You can go get ice for your freezer if you really want to, but what are you supposed to do with grandma? put her in an ice bath?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. The general attitude of the power company (and the people in the town) was that you should have a generator if you need power for anything, including preserving food. I think that's a bit of a ridiculous premise, but...

We went 30 hours before getting enough service to turn on the AC. I was less concerned about losing food, I couldn't care less about having to re-buy a few hundred $ worth of food - but people with elderly parents and newborns, the heat here was well into the 90s today. You can go get ice for your freezer if you really want to, but what are you supposed to do with grandma? put her in an ice bath?

Glad your power is back on @kb1gra and I agree with you. It is a terrible situation for the elderly and for individuals who are not in good health. There are people in our area who are fragile and old and on oxygen and it is always nail biting when the power goes out.

Our power was restored yesterday 27 hours from when we lost power the day before. Our longest power outage since Sandy in 2012 (when the outage was over 14 days IIRC). Add in Covid and it is indeed a stressful perhaps dangerous situation.

There are still people in our area whose power is not predicted to be restored til August 11th!
Can you imagine? :(

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 5.21.36 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy glad that you got electric!! Its the little things we take for granted sometimes.

Thanks @Arcadian! I never take electricity for granted because we have lost it too many times. I need my air conditioning for health reasons. I literally (well not literally but almost lol) melt with the heat and cannot breathe well in this weather without AC. I was so relieved when we got back from cycling yesterday afternoon and our power had been restored. Sweet relief. I just hope JCP&L's prediction of restoration for the rest of our area is wrong and they get it back before August 11th. It is really hot here and shows no signs of letting up.

There is another storm (albeit rain and thunder and lighting and hopefully not too windy) predicted for this evening and overnight and I am holding my breath that we don't lose power again!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Asscherhalo_lover how are you doing? I hope your power is back on and all is well. Thinking of you.

@Slick1 I hope your power is back on too! XO.

@MamaBee hope your trip went well and you are now enjoying sweet AC and your fridges are working and that you were able to save your food. XO.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checking in on my way to an appt. Still no power! Almost 48 hours now. Longest power outage for us was about five days when Superstorm Sandy hit. I can take the power outage as we have a generator for water and frig but what I miss is a connection to the outside world. I still have no cell service and have to drive a couple miles to get a signal. Be well all!! I’ll see you on the other side! :boohoo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checking in on my way to an appt. Still no power! Almost 48 hours now. Longest power outage for us was about five days when Superstorm Sandy hit. I can take the power outage as we have a generator for water and frig but what I miss is a connection to the outside world. I still have no cell service and have to drive a couple miles to get a signal. Be well all!! I’ll see you on the other side! :boohoo:

Good luck with your appointment and when you get back home I hope the power is back!!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with your appointment and when you get back home I hope the power is back!!!

Thank you @missy ♥ I am not really optimistic about the power restoration as our neighborhood was hit especially hard (as per usual) and we are always among the last to go back on line. :pray:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy ♥ I am not really optimistic about the power restoration as our neighborhood was hit especially hard (as per usual) and we are always among the last to go back on line. :pray:

Ugh. To be clear when I like your post I don’t like the power not being restored. Rather I like your positive attitude and strength of character. Always. No matter what you are dealing with you do it with grace. (((Hugs)))

Speaking of Grace say the word and she can be yours. :lol:

Right at this moment here she is.

EFDE9406-A33A-4D67-88C1-BBE8738995B5.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA I just heard the national Guard is being sent to my county as 90% is still without power. Fingers crossed!

You’re very kind @missy. Thank you!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got back on-line this morning. Our power is still out (although we have a generator). But the cable, which means the television and the Internet, went out much later than the power. It was off from yesterday morning until this morning. So unless I had a radio (I didn't look for a battery powered one in the house), I had no news except from the car radio. With all the trees down, I didn't do much driving: one short trip to a grocery store. I was glad they had power there and that there was refrigeration. In bad storms, the stores lose power, too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results