shape
carat
color
clarity

Storm ISAIAS - Will become a hurricane

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
@PreRaphaelite did you get your generator to work? I hope yes you did and you’re enjoying sweet electricity!

Thanks and yes, it works! Apparently more than 2000 homes were out of power for 6 hours. Naturally, most folks were out in the street, socializing without masks. Not us!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you got that generator started @PreRaphaelite ! Well we got lots of wind overnight we lost power but it bounced back on. Folks in Ft Lauderdale lost power but not sure how long.

This storm is really slow now, 8mph!!!

I've sat here for the last hour and watch the wind change over, so its passing us just off shore, the strongest part of the storm is now to the north and my goodness, you folks up there please be safe because it will pass very close if not make a hit up there somewhere.

8-2-2020storm.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hope everyone is doing ok...it's sunny here right now (SC) , my weather app is saying rain all day Monday and into Tuesday, over 5 inches total. Wind gusts of 40. I think we're going to get more of a tropical storm and hopefully I'm right lol. Stay safe everyone!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 they're saying that it could def. strengthen before it lands up there. I hope its faster moving than what we're currently getting. Hearing news about of Bahamas this morning and its heartbreaking they're getting so much rain! :(2

our winds are currently light but my head feels like someone's beating on it like a drum so....lol
def. northerly wind right now, so the eye has passed us now.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update @Arcadian

We're getting a little bit of wind and a little bit of rain up here. Not much going on (yet).

Stay safe folks!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 they're saying that it could def. strengthen before it lands up there. I hope its faster moving than what we're currently getting. Hearing news about of Bahamas this morning and its heartbreaking they're getting so much rain! :(2

our winds are currently light but my head feels like someone's beating on it like a drum so....lol
def. northerly wind right now, so the eye has passed us now.

Thanks for the update @Arcadian, hopefully it won't strengthen. Not much we can do I guess but wait it out. We're going to fill the cooler with ice in case we lose power.

Take care everyone!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earlier we had sunny skies but now its raining! blah!!! but we're going to get this pretty much all day today it seems. Eye is located closer to Port St Lucie at the moment as the storm crawls up the coast.

There's a splashdown in the Gulf shortly (astronauts are coming back to earth) Good thing its there and not Cocoa Beach!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its pretty much a nothing burger up here. Just light winds and light sprinkles. {Happy Dance}

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tyty333 Thats awesome! The evening skies were soooo pretty with all the pinks, mauves and purples!

My head really killed me yesterday so took a much needed nap the 2nd half of the day. Better today, about where it was on Friday, so I can at least work!

Currently the storm is near Jacksonville and is forecast to become a hurricane today. Carolinas/Virginia need to pay lots of heed on this.

WTNT34 KNHC 031152
TCPAT4

BULLETIN
Tropical Storm Isaias Intermediate Advisory Number 25A
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL092020
800 AM EDT Mon Aug 03 2020

...ISAIAS PASSING WELL OFFSHORE THE NORTHEAST FLORIDA COAST...
...FORECAST TO BECOME A HURRICANE LATER TODAY...

SUMMARY OF 800 AM EDT...1200 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...30.2N 80.1W
ABOUT 100 MI...155 KM ESE OF JACKSONVILLE FLORIDA
ABOUT 250 MI...400 KM SSW OF MYRTLE BEACH SOUTH CAROLINA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...70 MPH...110 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...N OR 355 DEGREES AT 13 MPH...20 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...994 MB...29.36 INCHES

Image from

8-3-2020-istorm.JPG
092753_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

@junebug17 I'm just hoping for no overnight shenanegans for you guys and also hoping it dosen't hit as a hurricane (even small ones up that far isn't good)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Arcadian, it rained heavily earlier this am and the rain is supposed to start up again and continue through the night...yeah, hopefully it won't amp up.

@tyty333, great news!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys!

Time to worry about SC and NC. They get pounded so often. I hope this will be an easy one for them if they get hit (compared to the
typical level 3 and 4s.)

My DH was commenting that we really should get 2020 off from hurricane season. We already have enough stress. Would really be nice
if the weather gave us a break!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys!

Time to worry about SC and NC. They get pounded so often. I hope this will be an easy one for them if they get hit (compared to the
typical level 3 and 4s.)

My DH was commenting that we really should get 2020 off from hurricane season. We already have enough stress. Would really be nice
if the weather gave us a break!!!

Couldn't agree more. C'mon weather. Please give everyone a break. 2020 is a challenging enough year!

@Arcadian and @tyty333 and everyone else out of the storm, whew, glad you are safe!

@junebug17 and everyone else still in the path- hope you all remain safe and that the storm dies down to nothing.

Tonight (and into all day tomorrow continuing into Wednesday) we are due to get high winds, lots of rain and power outages in the area but hopefully no real damage and everyone will be A OK.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couldn't agree more. C'mon weather. Please give everyone a break. 2020 is a challenging enough year!

@Arcadian and @tyty333 and everyone else out of the storm, whew, glad you are safe!

@junebug17 and everyone else still in the path- hope you all remain safe and that the storm dies down to nothing.

Tonight (and into all day tomorrow continuing into Wednesday) we are due to get high winds, lots of rain and power outages in the area but hopefully no real damage and everyone will be A OK.

Certainly hoping by the time it reaches you @missy that it will be a serious nothingburger.

I'll post the 5 oclock when its out. But I do see where the bands are really hitting georgia and northward. how it takes this bend is going to be important and I hope its not getting any stronger.
All day today I've been hearing and seeing the damage in the islands :(2

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently the 8pm track is the one worth waiting on they said its more organized and has a pretty visible eye right now. Not yet a hurricane but could be one by the 2000 hour. I saw there were tornado warnings up for North Carolina (yikes)

Power outage map for those keeping track.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isaias is back to being a hurricane however briefly.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just thought I would check in, things are good here - just rain during the day and some wind. I hope other areas make out ok.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Updates are saying 85 mph winds with higher gusts landfall is imminent.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is everyone? Storm got nuts last night!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy and @Asscherhalo_lover I guess your turn is sometime this afternoon/tonight. I saw that NY had some enhanced warnings going up today. Be safe, you guys are getting way more than we got and even though sustained winds are 54mph, the storm has juice on the east side with gusts of up to 70mph.

Massachusetts will get some pieces of this as well. Stay vigilent, the tornadic activity is nothing to sneeze at, images from North Carolina are a bit heartbreaking.

Please check in when you can, y'all can't keep me worried.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you are ok, @Arcadian and hoping everyone is staying safe.
We don't have scary weather phenomena, so I'm in awe of everyone's preparation skills!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you are ok, @Arcadian and hoping everyone is staying safe.
We don't have scary weather phenomena, so I'm in awe of everyone's preparation skills!!

After a while you end up knowing what to do, but it dosen't just happen overnight. I've lived in some areas with some decently extreme weather (aside from living in California but hey earthquakes...) Florida is the lowest laying area I've ever lived in, it can be decently scary if you don't have some plans in place. This year has lots of people on edge because of Covid-19 and the shelter situation.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The outtage maps are off the charts right now

Northeast folks please take care. some of y'all are probably in the dark (New Jersey has 1million without power!)

And The storm now has some crazy winds I'm reading. Still some 70MPH winds out of this thing...
151346_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

8-4-2020-istorm.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are in the middle of Connecticut.

Glad I moved the car!

IMG_9180.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in Connecticut, too. The power went off hours ago, but we have a generator. It supplies electricity to most things. Tornadoes came down in neighboring towns, which is very unusual. We have traditionally been too far north for tornadoes. Maybe global warming is changing the weather here.

Our yard is absolutely chock full of leaves and twigs and small branches and one garbage can (so far) is turned over. No huge branches denting my car this time and, so far, no trees down. Branches on the electric wires again, though. Once the electric company is through clearing the streets (all the streets are blocked with downed trees), I'll call and get them to cut off the branches. I know from past experience that the wire they are on is a live electric one.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF, stay safe! We haven't lost power amazingly but DH is in for it tomorrow with so many customers out (sub-contractor for UI). I'm amazed at the wind this far inland.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF Glad that you have a generator.

@YadaYadaYada How's it going otherwise? The storm is moving pretty fast at this point so I'm hopeful that the back end of it will be behind you guys by end of today.

The unfortunate part of this storm was that so many saw what happened in FL and thought it would not be a big deal. No, its just not a big deal for FL and the reality is it stayed off our coast. These storms really can't be trusted and this one sped up AND got to 90MPH before coming on shore.

Basically you guys ended up with a NorEaster...had this been wintertime the snow amount would have been off the charts.

This TS has yet to lose its Tropical aspects as of yet and last check had sustained winds near the center at 65MPH with a low pressure and thats fueling it.... Its a much more organized storm that what we had here.

Power outtage in US for those who might be able to see the site. FL just had some rumblers go through nothing to worry about (if you look at the lines wrong they go out in some places...lol)

Attachments

• 8-4-powerouttagemapus.JPG
    8-4-powerouttagemapus.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy and @Asscherhalo_lover I guess your turn is sometime this afternoon/tonight. I saw that NY had some enhanced warnings going up today. Be safe, you guys are getting way more than we got and even though sustained winds are 54mph, the storm has juice on the east side with gusts of up to 70mph.

Massachusetts will get some pieces of this as well. Stay vigilent, the tornadic activity is nothing to sneeze at, images from North Carolina are a bit heartbreaking.

Please check in when you can, y'all can't keep me worried.

Lost power here at noon. Winds crazy high supposed to get even higher this evening. Torrential downpours. Tree limbs down everywhere. Hoping our generator holds. We’re ok so far.

Even took a very wet walk this AM right before all power went out.

F9919D9A-6DEF-4745-A2DA-34190621B5BF.jpeg

@AGBF glad your generator is working. Stay safe.

How’s everyone else doing?

Can 2021 be here soon please?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results