shape
carat
color
clarity

Storm ISAIAS - Will become a hurricane

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Florida peeps, NHC just put out the 5pm update and if you're on the east coast, we're gonna have ourselves a little hurricane.

I don't think this will be a particularly bad hurricane (I am hopeful) as the eyewall will be offshore. Here's the 5 day.

205640_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Hope its not too bad!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Batten down the hatches and take care

I assume everyone has already stocked up on essential supplies

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
well I'm prepared @Daisys and Diamonds but they're also saying it will be more of those in the carolinas that might be getting hit (possible cat 1 or 2) As long as the eye stays off the coast we should be fine here. The bad is that its going right over the same area that Dorian decimated last year :(2 most of the islands got lots of rain, lots of flooding unfortunately.

The biggest worry is what the heck is going to happen if its bad during all this corona crap...I do worry about that.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night Isaias turned into a hurricane.

Its going to be outside our coast but those of us on the immediate coast will get the wind. Rain will be central FL to east coast.

I'll be finishing up fences and topping off the generator (because I ran it for a few hours)
085728_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

So will be crap but we'll manage. I'm worried about northern states. At the immediate beach in most spots the bigger high rise condo buildings will take the biggest brunt and give the some of us a break. I'm also right behind i-95 wall so my immediate neighbors and I get relief there too. They had to be good for something....

The ONLY thing that would make me worry for FL is if it turned into a cat 3-4 between now and when it passes because the very last thing we need is people stuff like sardines in a storm shelter.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
East Coast Florida is now under Hurricane Watch/Tropical storm warning. Ok shit got real, 2 of my neighbors are out putting up shutters. Unless facing due east probably will not be much of a big deal (we're all facing due east.

Looks like a small jog to the west and could be an onshore event. Still saying a Cat1

Anything above Deerfield beach on the east coast is now in the cone
144952_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png 144952_current_wind_sm.png

And we're now getting phone alerts, which will start happening every time a new update comes out.

Thankful that this isn't some weird Jumanji level crap...lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, I will neededy talk to all of y'all through this as I did last time because of the need to stay sane. If the winds are reasonably crazy we won't have any tv...lol

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’m with you in spirit @Arcadian -
We are on the west coast and our power is out today, in Duke Energy tomfoolery unrelated to the hurricane.

The back up generator was just delivered and if I can’t get it running, I’ll be packing up the 4 animals and driving to a hotel. This is good practice for the annual pain in the tush of storms. Thank goodness no one is holding hurricane parties nearby yet. Yet.

Hopefully the storm will pass by much further East than the models predict.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m with you in spirit @Arcadian -
We are on the west coast and our power is out today, in Duke Energy tomfoolery unrelated to the hurricane.

The back up generator was just delivered and if I can’t get it running, I’ll be packing up the 4 animals and driving to a hotel. This is good practice for the annual pain in the tush of storms. Thank goodness no one is holding hurricane parties nearby yet. Yet.

Hopefully the storm will pass by much further East than the models predict.

Good luck to you and unfortunately the stupidity of all the Electric companies has been unreal as of late. FPL was supposed to do a tree trim this year (even one that was socially distanced) and we got nothing.

Hopefully you can get things running soon.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Arcadian How you doing?

Funny story to tell you. When my husband and I were on holiday in Florida in september 2000 we were driving from Cape Canaveral to Orlando we got caught in a heavy storm. There we were, windscreen wipers going back and forth very rapidly wondering why most of the motorists were pulling over to the side of the road. It was only when we got back to Orlando and put the news on that we realised there had been a hurricane warning! :shock: Silly tourists! :rolleyes:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian How you doing?

Funny story to tell you. When my husband and I were on holiday in Florida in september 2000 we were driving from Cape Canaveral to Orlando we got caught in a heavy storm. There we were, windscreen wipers going back and forth very rapidly wondering why most of the motorists were pulling over to the side of the road. It was only when we got back to Orlando and put the news on that we realised there had been a hurricane warning! :shock: Silly tourists! :rolleyes:

Oh my gawd......lol In general, yeah speed safely if you can, but FL roads and wet weather can be really nuts. Pull over only if you can't see anything, but drive otherwise (but be careful of the idiots out there, FL is always full of them!)

So far, its actually a beautiful evening. My head is pounding like someone's beating the hell out of it, so def. feel the pressure of that storm!

11pm will give more detail for tomorrow though the current track has me saying motherF:-ock! But its still a Cat 1, though I'm worried more about the move westward. No defined eyewall which again, kinda defines the crazy crap of year 2020
Now that we're less than 48 hours away we now get phone calls and phone alerts/emails with every new track update. Usually 4-6 hours before impact they send alerts to tell people to stay at their property/get off the streets.

For those who have interest and don't want to watch continual weather channel and the ridiculous dramatics, I use my local channel to keep up to date.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20200731-220322_Windy.jpg

Current windy map its a nice evening sky is light tho.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
remind me to never post something when I'm high...lol

BTW I'm using a new MM pen, it really does the trick but my goodness I start freezing my head off afterwards! This particular one I was warned to microdose (I do) but still...lol

Its beautiful right now, about 82 degrees and sunny. Does not look like hurricane weather though the dog was being squirrley all night.

headache is back but stronger ugh :(2 We're doing last of the prep today which isn't much

So far the hurricane looks raggedy. Thats great, let it take its raggedy ass out to sea :lol:

Still, there could be projected hit just north of me in the treasure coast. I forget who said possibly Hobe Sound which isn't very far north of here....

2 schools of thought: if it edges closer, it will go up the east coast as a TS. If it stays out to see and sucks up that good good, then it could definitely strengthen. No one knows until it passes FL what it will do for the Carolinas.

This damn storm just embodies all the crap in 2020 so far....lol

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm here @Arcadian. We are on the east coast also. DH will be putting some hurricane windows up on the front of our house today but not
all the way around. I personally dont think we need them at all. He always thinks the act of him putting them up saves our area from being hit
hard (in other words, if he didnt put them up we'd be slammed!). Whatever floats his boat. I would not put them up for a level 1 that is offshore...but
that's me. Its a beautiful day where I'm at too.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL well I don't know @tyty333 Your husband might be right! but you guys do need to watch out as if it passes closer to you than down here. Stay safe up there, will be thinking of you as this thing passes through.

Interestingly enough about half our neighbors are saying forget it, we're not doing all that. Some are doing it and will leave it up for the season At least the clear shutters (because why not I guess??)

116130892_1666215226866472_408294757674189992_o.jpg

We gassed it up! That white bag are the ground ties so we don't get any weird airborne generator box thing going on. Certainly I figure if I gas it up, we probably won't have to use it...lol fingers crossed that holds! Earlier today I had to tie down trash and yard waste cans. I always do figure 8 knots because they will hold up under strain. My neighbor asked if I was a sailor...lol (nope, just a military dad!)

I heard that the gas lines were nuts yesterday and today down here. We are set, no need for gas, but being Aug 1, lot of people probably got paid yesterday which makes some since!

Anyway we've been getting some wild out of nowhere gusts with wind picking up here. its got a funky cast to the sky though it hasn't rained in my area since 6am.

Because I'm facing due east, I'll pull up my front lights once we get steady rain bands . Great solar lights and I want to keep them (they were not cheap!) I'm trying to let them get as much sun as they'll get before I put them away.

The dog is going to get sick of taking walks with me today...lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
storm8-1-2020-bahamas.JPG
A windy snip from what it looks like over Bahamas.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm east coast also (MD/DE) - and I'm wondering what we'll see from it this far up the coast. Luckily I live in a townhouse over a restaurant, so we don't worry too much about flooding this high up!

One time though when I was a kid, during a particularly bad hurricane, the flooding was so bad that the ocean and the bay met and a shed floated down the Coastal Highway. We're in a little barrier island, so there's not much land between those two bodies of water. Might need to break out the galoshes!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Current look at the hurricane and its VERY much not together. I heard the winds are still there and we're seeing gusts here but the images are interesting to say the least!

I'm extremely hopeful for a nothingburger.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so NOW we're getting rain. Def. outter bands stuff here....

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Current look at the hurricane and its VERY much not together. I heard the winds are still there and we're seeing gusts here but the images are interesting to say the least!

I'm extremely hopeful for a nothingburger.

I'm hoping that for you too. Also, I am curious about what you have in your MM pen....

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm hoping that for you too. Also, I am curious about what you have in your MM pen....
what I use most is Fluents variant of Granddaddy Purple called Polaris https://www.iheartjane.com/products/88682/fluent-polaris-black-450mg , which is the one I use to just be ktfo...lol

Danz is one that I use to relax and actually be social. I do have to be careful on this one because it can put me in a whole other mood if I take too much. Its supposed to be their variant of Bubblegum Haze. Also in the 450mg cart but my goodness, I use very little! I like it better than Polaris for sure taste wise but when I just need sleep, take the nasty stuff... :lol: Tonight will def be the nasty stuff if I can't sleep.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
There is definitely a fine line between just enough and too much! And I have never found anything with Haze to be sleep inducing. :D

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BULLETIN
Tropical Storm Isaias Advisory Number 19
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL092020
500 PM EDT Sat Aug 01 2020

...ISAIAS WEAKENS TO A TROPICAL STORM...
...EXPECTED TO RE-STRENGTHEN TO A HURRICANE OVERNIGHT WHILE IT
APPROACHES THE SOUTHEAST COAST OF FLORIDA...

SUMMARY OF 500 PM EDT...2100 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...25.1N 78.7W
ABOUT 115 MI...185 KM SE OF FORT LAUDERDALE FLORIDA
ABOUT 95 MI...155 KM S OF FREEPORT GRAND BAHAMA ISLAND
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...70 MPH...110 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 310 DEGREES AT 10 MPH...17 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...993 MB...29.33 INCHES

We're getting stronger bands right now withsome wind. I think in Vero they have sunshine, we have nothing but clouds and rain.

@tyty333 the GFS has the eye passing very close to us if not coming on shore in the early morning hours of Sunday. Meaning your husband was wrong that him putting up shutters...it didn't work! :lol: Still, only a cat 1 so will be happy with the little things.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha @Arcadian ...so my DH might have caused this because he only put shutters up on the front door which can tend to leak water if we get a lot
of wind.

So far nothing here as far as rain. The temp has dropped slightly and its actually pretty nice with a few gusts of wind. Is that a whole house
generator you showed a picture of? Hoping you wont need it but cetainly a nice thing to have. We dont even have a small generator. Our
neighborhood is off a road that leads to a water plant. The power company usually gets the power up fast down the main road due to the water plant
(I'm guessing) then we have unground lines from the main road so once the main road is up, we're up. Now I've probably jinxed us! {facepalm}

Keep us posted and stay safe!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It slowed way down :mad: it's definitely out there because I can feel it in my head.... very pink night skies and windy currently.

It will be an interesting day

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping everyone stays safe and there’s no damage. Thinking of you @Arcadian @tyty333 @junebug17 and everyone who is in the path. As Arcadian wrote hoping for a nothing -burger for all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PreRaphaelite did you get your generator to work? I hope yes you did and you’re enjoying sweet electricity!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results