shape
carat
color
clarity

Storing dress - BEFORE the wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi girls!!!

I was just wondering what the proper method of storage is before the big day? (besides just keeping it away from FI''s reach!...hehe).

I got my dress early and my wedding is not until February. I have it inside the plastic bag that it came in, in a garment bag and hanging (the train is just sort of hanging in the bottom on the grament bag).

Does it need to just have air? should I take the plastic out and just have it insde the garment bag?...

Thanks in advance!!!

M~

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I would take the plastic out because they say it can yellow your dress over time (though I had mine hanging in the plastic garment bag for about 8 or 9 months and it''s fine).

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Robbie!

so take the plastic off and just leave it inside the garment bag? or take everything off?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hee hee i saw this subject line and thought, umm in the closet?
3.gif

i just left mine as they gave it to me, in the plastic, in the zippered bag, for i guess 3-4 months before the wedding. it was fine.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I would leave it zipped in the garment bag to keep dust out.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
hehe Mara...

Thank you girls. I just wanted to make sure I don''t take it out a few months from now and it''s yellow or with mold...lol.

M~

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
mandarine,

i have the same issue. they told me to buy a large white cotton sheet, wash it (no fabric softener), run a seam along the bottom edge, sew the two sides together, stick the dress in it, scrunch the top end around the hanger it''s hung on, and tie that end.

sounds complicated, but it''s easy.

we actually made the open end a draw string end in the process of sewing it as a little modification my mom thought up and so far that has worked out great for me. i was told the plastic bag is really bad for natural fabrics like silk (which mine is) which is why we opted for this method per a seamstress, but i''ve heard of people that stored dresses for a couple years in the plastic garment bag with no ill effects.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Mandarine, Thank you for asking the question! I wanted to know the same thing. My wedding isn''t for another 12 months but I already have my dress!
21.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is what I did (from their directions) unzip the garment bag. Wrap a WHITE sheet around the bottom/train. Store veil in a WHITE pillow case. Keep away from smoke and animals. Mine was stored like that for over a year (yes I got mine a tad early
2.gif
) and it looked perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results