shape
carat
color
clarity

Stone is getting set, and the plans are developing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
So now that I am stateside and the stone should be getting set by this weekend (as long as everything goes as planned), I have been spending all of my time trying to come up w/ more definate ideas.

The first part is asking her family. I think I might just make a trip over to their house and talk to them there. Dinner is still an option, but I have to have a good excuse if I stay away from my gf for that long (since I don''t have a car and I am staying at her place).

The BIG part...3 ideas (with plans to make it possible in my carless situation):
1) The park - Sunday afternoon gets boring (because I told my friends to make it that way). I complain to one of my friends and ask to borrow a car so we can go get icecream and hang out in the park we used to go to. We go to the swings like always, and then either spout my cheese-ball lines while she is on the swing and do it there, or wait to sit on the picnic tables and do it there...afterwards, I will have an outfit pulled out and waiting for her (thanks to a friend), then we go to a fab dinner and then back to see everyone...maybe a hotel in the mix for the night so as not to deal w/ roommates, etc...

2)The icecream parlor - There is a small local icecream store. I think i can get them to put a "flavor" on their board (something with chocolate obiously
wink2.gif
). While she is picking her flavor (and i am hoping she reads the board), I do the whole "knee" thing...then follow with aformentioned dinner.

3)The dinner - This one is tricky...still need a way to get her dressed for a nice dinner. It will seem odd if i don''t have a good reason. But you know the line...

Tweaks, mods, suggestions, choices??? (Mara?
2.gif
)

This is gonna be great!
appl.gif

Stu

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
So I think I am getting closer...

The opening is still between option 1 and 2 (park or icecream). I will get her there do the whole ring thing, then either take her home to tell her friends...making her think it is over, or just hang out there for a little bit.

At this point, a limo from Ritz Carlton shows up, takes us to the hotel. The evening is complete with a massage for 2, candlelit dinner in the suite, butler-drawn bath, champagne, strawberries, the whole 9 yards. The next morning we have breakfast there at the hotel before being dropped off wherever we want (within 25 miles)...

I would of course have to have someone pick their car up from wherever we were if i don't go back to her place to get the limo to pick us up.

So what do you think about the great little package that the Ritz has to offer? Do you think the park or the icecream would be a better way to start it all off? Hit me with your best shots, I want to make sure I think about this from all angles...

BTW, I would like someone there to take pictures for me, but I can't figure out how to have people nearby without them being right there...i want the question to be a mainly private moment. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
Stu

JustLooking

Rough_Rock
Do the Park and swing thing than back to her house to tell her friends. Hang out at the house with friends then tell her to change into something nice because the day isn't over yet. Than do the Limo and ritz... can't go wrong there. Make sure you give her enough time to change before the limo gets there.
tongue.gif

Sounds like a really good plan. Good Luck

Jimmy

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking get the ice scream joint to put the proposal on the board and you can get on your knee when you suggest she check out the specials but she might check out the specials as soon as you guys walk in if it's really noticeable.

Pictures are going to be hard. Do you want pics of you asking? If you just want pics right after, just ask anyone around. If you want pics of the deal going down, your going to have to get someone to hang out in a car nearby with a zoom lens to snap pics. Make sure they open the window before taking the pics. Some fool ruined a couple of good vacation spots by taking them through the window.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
i *love* the ice cream shop idea.
lickout.gif

it's refreshing(no pun intended) & a great, unique moment! i think the park is fine but not nearly as cool!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results