shape
carat
color
clarity

Stolen Christmas :`(

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
I have lurked for a long while, but now need a virtual shoulder of the PS community to cry on, because you'd all feel my pain more than anyone... Thieves broke in to my house yesterday, and among the many things they took were my beloved jewelry, including my Cartier Trinity ring and my custom-made sapphire pieces, along with some watches that were passed down from my grandmother. The police gave a cursory glance and basically told us not to get our hopes up in recovering anything.

More than the monetary value of the jewelry pieces, it's the sentiments attached to them that make my heart ache. I'm so demoralized that I'm thinking I'll never buy another piece of jewelry again so I don't have to go through the pain of the loss all over again. sad :((

[edited to correct wording... my mind isn't working too well right now]

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Singingbell, I’m SO SORRY to hear about your loss. I can’t imagine the sadness. Thieves. Suck. And at this time of year:(2.

(((Hugs)))

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh honey I feel you. I am so sorry. I went through the same thing a few years ago. Everything gone. They even took my great grandma's wedding band which was worth nothing monetarily but had so much meaning. Those lousy thieves will never understand the love that goes into to each piece.

From experience, you will move on and there will be new pieces to fill your heart. But I am so sorry you have to go through this.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, big hug to you singingbell. I went through something similar around this time of year many years ago. All my jewelry including my mother's wedding set were stolen. I was devastated and angry and violated.

It does heat easier with time but now I only own as much as I can wear daily, a few extra things are hidden away but the pieces I really treasure are worn all the time.

I hope that with time the hurt will lessen and you never know, they might just show up so don't lose hope just yet:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how terrible! I am so sorry for you and sending you big hugs. Glad you are safe though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww I’m so sorry! Thank goodness you and your loved ones are safe and sending you good thoughts and gentle hugs. And I hope the thieves are caught and your valuables returned safely to you. (((Hugs)))

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too have felt the sorrow of having my Granmother’s diamond ring stolen in a burglary. I’m so very sorry this happened to you! Huge hugs coming your way!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, this is awful to hear!
I'm so sorry. This is heartbreaking.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I’m so sorry! :(2 Such a terrible thing, sending you thoughts of comfort and support. (((Hugs)))

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
This makes me so angry! I hate the way these people won’t work and think it’s ok to steal from other people who do work hard! I’m so sorry this has happened to you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry singingbell...that is everyone's nightmare. I just know I'm going to come home some day and find that we've been broken in to.
Not only is it the sentimental and monetary value but also the feeling of being "safe" in your own home. :(sad Big Hugs to you...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Take care of yourself. I've been where you are--it is difficult not to feel sad and violated. Sorry for your heartache.

kind regards--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry :( what a horrible thing to do. The best revenge is a good, happy life. Replace everything (that you can I know the watches will not be able to be replaced).. I would go to the local pawn shops and look for on line stores that sell heirloom watches. I know the feeling of being robbed, it's akin to being physically violated. Been there on both accounts. Don't let them (him her it whatever) control your happiness, you are better. Again, so so sorry..

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your losses. Thinking of you. You will rise above this some day!!!!

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
I appreciate all of your kind responses, more than I can say! It makes me feel less alone... It is dispiriting to hear that similar trauma has happened to so many of us here. I hate that unsettling feeling that everything we own was potentially touched and "contaminated" by some shadowy being(s). I'm trying to look on the bright side, though -- things could have been much, much worse. As long as we are healthy and safe, that's the most important thing.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I experienced 3 burglaries when I lived overseas. The first time a number of my personal items were taken. The second time the burglar was still in the house when I came home; he left in a hurry, empty-handed-- he went out the living room window. The scariest one in retrospect was at the home of a couple I was visiting, as we all slept. The burglar came right into the room I was sleeping in and took my purse from the desk that was inches away from my bed, with my keys and travel money. I had a heavy flashlight there next to my purse. If I had awakened...?

Besides losing things you value, you also lose your sense of security. I think that is the greater loss. So you need to do whatever is necessary to regain a sense of security, be it changing your security system, buying a safe, whatever.

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is awful - sending hugs!

We were broken into 11 years ago after we'd just moved into our home. We had a holiday planned 6 weeks after, which was when the blighters struck. Thankfully my inherited jewellery was being babysat by my mum, and as I had nowhere to put my other jewellery due to lack of storage, I shoved it all in a mug, stacked another on top & popped it to the back of the crockery cupboard. They didn't thankfully rummage too hard in the kitchen, I have done this with jewellery on the 11 years since. I feel as though if I don't, Sod's law will get it stolen.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just after I graduated high school, my mother's house (where I lived at the time) was broken into. All of my jewelry from my grandma was stolen. I didn't have anything super valuable, but everything I had belonged to my grandma or great-grandma plus different things that I had gotten when we went to Hawaii or gifts from family for special occasions.

So violating! I have never felt fully secure since then.

On the up side, I learned that I may as well wear whatever I want instead of saving it for special occasions. No less safe than sitting home alone so I may as well enjoy!

Q

Queenie60

I'm so sorry for you. I know the feeling, we were robbed 17 years ago and all family heirloom jewelry wiped out. It's heartbreaking however you will eventually let go and move on. Glad that you and your family are safe and sound. They can take your things, but they can't touch your soul.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Thank you again for all of your encouragement! I'm in the process of listing all of the items taken for the insurance company, and finding the process more time-consuming than I expected, even with some receipts still around. One would think the size of a Cartier Trinity ring would be easily found on the receipt, but I'm not seeing it anywhere... Maybe I'm just too stressed.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So sorry this happened to you and your family. At least you all are safe and uninjured. Crime touches all of us, in many ways, and it sucks. The cost in your time and energy in putting together your insurance claim is high, as is police time, insurance time, etc. Maybe consider checking with some pawn shops over the next few weeks to see if any of your items are there. I have had my credit cards stolen at least twice over the holiday season in the past and that was nothing compared to what you are going through, though definitely painful. Take care.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I am so sorry to hear this singingbell :blackeye: right in time for the holidays, too :blackeye: Hugs I don't even know what else to say :blackeye:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry that you and your home has been violated in this way. I can't imagine the feeling but know that I am sending virtual hugs and wishes that you can get over it enough to eventually replace your pieces. Comforing thoughts to you and yours. Xo

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry this happened...I had my house broken into but nothing was taken, thanks to an alarm system and a rather large german shepherd, but you feel so violated. :(2

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a horrible thing to have happen!
Most of my Mom’s jewelry was stolen right before she died, but it was not a break in.
That would have been so much more traumatic.
Six years later my sister and I are still grieving over the loss of all those heirloom pieces though.
My reaction was the opposite of yours, I started buying replacements and have not stopped yet lol.
I had a safe installed between the studs in a closet and there is a camouflage panel over it.
Again, I am sorry to hear of your loss, singingbell.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to come back and mention that if you are in the U.S. try to look on sites like Craigslist, Offer Up etc and local pawn shops especially if you have something unique. Burglars are usually looking for quick money so the pawn shops are the easiest way for them to get it. Plus pawn shops have to hold the item for a certain amount of days before they can sell it (they are supposed to anyways)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry too. It's the sentimental pieces that break your heart. I hate that anyone would do that to someone else.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Grateful to all of your suggestions and support! The task of listing the missing items for the police and insurance is challenging, because describing each item makes me think back to the joy I had when I got it, especially the one-of-a-kind, handcrafted pieces based on my personal designs (often inspired by ideas and recommendations right here on PS, and shared the excitement with you all back then). *sigh*

p.s. By the way, I posted a watch-related question on the "Jewelry Pieces" forum... If any watch aficionados have any suggestions, please let me know!

Hephephippo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@singingbell i saw your thread posted on the right side bar and i'm sad to hear of what happened.. i don't have much to say but want to offer an internet hug.. i hate that this happened and that anyone would do this to others.. i truly am sorry and i am wishing good fortune to come your way, that you find peace sooner and new blessings too..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results