shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch 8ct Colombian emerald diamond platinum halo ring on eBay if anyone is interested

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have often wondered about this vendor on ebay. They do a really high volume of items and seem to have a lot of branded items come thru but I often wonder if the center stones or diamonds have been swapped because a lot of times the photographs make the stones not look the quality I would expect. Has anyone purchased from them? I was in love with a ring that got away around Christmas time and I was hesitant to pull the trigger for the above reasons.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have often wondered about this vendor on ebay. They do a really high volume of items and seem to have a lot of branded items come thru but I often wonder if the center stones or diamonds have been swapped because a lot of times the photographs make the stones not look the quality I would expect. Has anyone purchased from them? I was in love with a ring that got away around Christmas time and I was hesitant to pull the trigger for the above reasons.
I have wondered too, mostly because their prices seem really low. They do offer returns. Hopefully others who have had experiences with them will weigh in.

H

Horsegirl76

I’ve looked at a few of their items. Never pulled the trigger, because my spidy senses question the amount of inventory and prices.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think others have purchased from them but for some reason cant remember who. I agree that the center stones often dont look great (like this one). But that setting is pretty amazing for the price.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think others have purchased from them but for some reason cant remember who. I agree that the center stones often dont look great (like this one). But that setting is pretty amazing for the price.
They have a lot of Tacoris at good prices too. Maybe they throw gemstones in the settings because in some instances, they'd sell better than they would as semi-mounts. I wonder if they would sell the SK setting without the center.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, I am pretty sure this is the setting SK constructed for me last year, for a lovely jadeite double cabochon I have ... however, the ring was a half-size larger than ordered (though SK insisted it was a size 10 on his mandrel) and my jadeite was set overly high as if it was a faceted stone rather than a cabochon... anyway, after some back and forth we came to an accommodation which included SK retaining the setting and removing/returning my jadeite.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, I am pretty sure this is the setting SK constructed for me last year, for a lovely jadeite double cabochon I have ... however, the ring was a half-size larger than ordered (though SK insisted it was a size 10 on his mandrel) and my jadeite was set overly high as if it was a faceted stone rather than a cabochon... anyway, after some back and forth we came to an accommodation which included SK retaining the setting and removing/returning my jadeite.
So not the original stone. Thanks for letting us know! I messaged the seller asking if the center stone is original to the setting. We'll see what she/he says (wondering if they're going to bluff and say it is original, now that we know the truth :lol:). Do the halo stones still look the same?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Per my order, the diamond melee were supposed to be F/VS super-ideal quality, at 3.2mm or 12 pointers, so total diamond carat weight of 1.68ctw (14 diamonds x 0.12 = 1.68ctw) ...

Gosh, maybe not my setting after all?

Or maybe either SK or eBay vendor took out the super-ideal melee and put in slightly larger diamonds?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Per my order, the diamond melee were supposed to be F/VS super-ideal quality, at 3.2mm or 12 pointers, so total diamond carat weight of 1.68ctw (14 diamonds x 0.12 = 1.68ctw) ...

Gosh, maybe not my setting after all?

Or maybe either SK or eBay vendor took out the super-ideal melee and put in slightly larger diamonds?
Anything is possible, I suppose!

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade

That is really interesting - thanks for replying! Maybe they have a deal with all the big jewelry folks and buy returned pieces or mountings that don't sell when they need to clear inventory and put stones in because they sell better that way.

H

Horsegirl76

That is really interesting - thanks for replying! Maybe they have a deal with all the big jewelry folks and buy returned pieces or mountings that don't sell when they need to clear inventory and put stones in because they sell better that way.

Hmmm. Maybe like the Ross of jewelry stores...some great bargains and some duds.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the seller replied, "It is exactly as I got it but I don’t believe the emerald was originally put in by this designer." I think it was, after you rejected the setting @marymm, but we'll never know if SK put the current emerald in the setting, or it went somewhere else before it got to this eBay seller. Interesting story about this ring, though!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that explains it, I saw this setting a while ago and thought nice setting too bad about the really meeeh emerald in it....

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too. It's a gorgeous setting.

Well that explains it, I saw this setting a while ago and thought nice setting too bad about the really meeeh emerald in it....

Someone should totally ask about whether they'd sell the setting alone. It would likely bring down the price and if anyone had a stone that would fit it would be so pretty!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone should totally ask about whether they'd sell the setting alone. It would likely bring down the price and if anyone had a stone that would fit it would be so pretty!
How about a custom cut Elyque oval? :P2
I messaged the seller to ask if he'd sell the setting one and what the center stone measurements are.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case it is helpful -- and assuming this setting actually was created for my Jadeite -- it was a 5.70ct double cabochon measuring 14.7 x 9.6 x 5.2mm

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seller said he'd sell the setting alone for $300 less.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve looked at a few of their items. Never pulled the trigger, because my spidy senses question the amount of inventory and prices.

Exactly, he has a ton of alexanderite.

I think it’s probably buyer beware. Use the return period to get an appraisal, return if not legit.

I wonder if Steven kirsch remembers this ring? I wonder if an emerald has always been in the middle?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah! I just saw Mary MM’s replies!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Urgh, I hate the way it is advertised: signed $25K ring but selling for $4K. Misleading in so many ways, :angryfire:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Urgh, I hate the way it is advertised: signed $25K ring but selling for $4K. Misleading in so many ways, :angryfire:
All of his listings are like that. I agree, very misleading, but it's a common tactic on eBay.

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
I keep an eye on this sellers inventory but have never purchased for all of the above reasons...

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW I bought a Tiffany diamond band from this eBay vendor 6-7 years ago - it was beautiful and as described but I returned it as it didn't pair up well with my other ring - customer service and shipping was excellent, and the return/refund went smoothly and timely. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase again from this vendor if he had something I had my eye on.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I bought something relatively inexpensive from them. I was surprised to find the same "vintage ring" relisted the next week. My jeweler said the setting definitely older but one of the side peices was missing in the filigree. I inquired about it and was told there was nothing wrong with it, that is how it was made. However, the (3!) Identical rings sold after I bought mine all used the same photo which did not show the missing filigree.

I bought as a gift and didn't pay much but the total lack of detail and reuse of photos turned me off. I asked for details on another ring and was told to look at the photo-I wanted size info that wasnt in the photo

I don't think I would be comfortable spending a large sum, although the return policy is comforting

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results