shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven and Leon VS Tiffany and Harry Winston Micropave Halo

Marshalls

Rough_Rock
Hi, I tried to reply to someone else's post but I dont know if no one saw it or if I posted it during the wrong time of the day but no one answered. I hope this doesn't count as double posting but how does the quality of the halo pave work Steven and Leon make compare to those done by designer brands like Tiffany and HW, irrespective of the price. I'm talking about setting quality vs setting quality, not brand vs brand. Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Steven and Leon VS Tiffany and Harry Winston Micropave H

From what I have seen here (and of course I have seen Tiffany in person), I would choose Steven Kirsch to make a pave ring. His work has to be equal to or better than HW. He redid a halo ring that Leon had not done perfectly, and SK's work stands up to major magnification. I just don't see any competition, although we are seeing some very good work coming from Victor Canerra.

Marshalls

Rough_Rock

Thanks diamondseeker but 75 views today for this thread and only 1 reply? Is this topic too boring or too sensitive?

slg47

Ideal_Rock

haha i don't think it's too boring or sensitive. I personally have not seen pave work by both in person so I cannot compare. I do prefer the basket on Leon/Steven Kirsch halo settings as compared to HW because to me the lines are more fluid.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Honestly, it's repetitive. In the last few weeks there have been a slew of threads on this same topic. So people are tired of commenting.

Also once someone, like Diamondseeker, pretty much sums up what we all think it's either that we don't comment or we come on here and say "ditto."

But since you seem to want replies:

I ditto DiamondSeeker. I've seen both Leon and Steven's work and I would pick Steven.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol: Gypsy just had her halo done by Steven, so I think her opinion counts a LOT! She is picky like I am! :bigsmile:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

I've not seen Steven's work in person but I have seen Leon, Michael b, Tiffany, HW etc. I would say Leon compared with the designer names and in some cases his work was better. Based on the recent reviews here and the magnified pics by posters with Steven rings I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from him. Also, I know how picky the gals are that are using Steven and are happy so I trust that.

(weekends slow down dramatically on this site so don't take it personally when no one reply's quickly. Also, like gypsy said, many of us agree with diamondseeker so we didn't make additional comments.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

Over in Colored Stones there is a fabulous thread showing workmanship defects in Tiffany Legacy's.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm just checking in to see the pictures. :wink2:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Perhaps I will jump in here.

I have rings from Steven and Leon ... and Tiffany (although a tiny diamond). Steven and Leon's work is compareable although I am of the opinion that Leon's pave is still a tiny bit better (depending on who set it - seems quality is not consistent to me). To the average knowledgeable PSer, they would not be able to tell the difference between their work as evident by my engagement ring. I find that Steven is better at metal work and shaping the ring. Steven is more of a perfectionist than even Leon and has more personal pride in his work - perhaps Leon lost some of that after making so many rings. It has been said by others that Steven's polishing isn't as good but my appraiser didn't find that - doesn't mean it is not true but the difference is not enough for me to tell.

The pave on the common Tiffany engagement rings cannot compare to that of Leon and Steven. The novo especially has awful looking pave to me with oh so much metal!! The Legacy now looks very bulky to me. Harry Winston has beautiful pave work but I do not like the boxy basket of their micropave halo ring - I much prefer Leon's design (which has been copied by many others including Steven, JbEG, etc). I must say though .. I have been examining Graff pieces and some of their pave work is simply amazing.

In conclusion - I would go with Leon or Steven.

ETA: I have seen in person pieces from Steven, Leon, Tiffany, Harry Winston, Cartier, Graff, DeBeers, Birks, ERD, BGD, WF, 23rd Street Jewelers, SingleStone, Maytal Hannah, Michael B, Daniel K, and many more .... I am majorily picky :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results