shape
carat
color
clarity

Sterling Silver in Salton?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sue777

Rough_Rock
Hi. I bought the Salton Jewelry Cleaner a few years ago after reading all the raves about it on this forum and am very glad I did. It works great on my diamonds and gold and now that we can get refill powder, I don''t even have to scrimp on how much I use it! But, no matter how much research and reading I''ve done to find this answer, I can''t! I''ve even written to the Salton people but they haven''t answered me. Can I safely clean sterling silver in it?????? I''m now hooked on Pandora bracelets and their charms and would love to clean it in the Salton, but don''t know if it''s safe on sterling silver jewelry. Anyone know that answer? Thanks in advance.
Sue Alexandre

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve cleaned silver in mine and have never had a problem with it, but if you have any oxidation on the silver, then don''t use the Salton! It''ll take the oxidation off....

Also, I found that using a silver polishing cloth is just as effective....I''ll use a polishing cloth and then clean off the residue with the steamer part of the Salton.

Hope this helps!

Sue777

Rough_Rock
Thank you SO MUCH! I''ve been waiting anxiously for some sort of answer to this question and I''ve been searching the internet for information and have come up with nothing! I even wrote to Salton Customer Service but have received no response from them, either.

I guess the answer is that I cannot put the Pandora bracelet and all the charms in there because some of them are decorated with oxidized parts for accent and highlight. But each charm is SO intricately detailed with nooks and crannies that I really was looking forward to giving it a good cleaning once in a while in the Salton, darn it. But your suggestion about the steam is a good one.... that can force some of the gunk out of the crevices I''ll bet.

Thanks again for answering.... now I can stop the frantic search for info!

Sue

conitta

Shiny_Rock
I have a Salton Jewelry Spa that I have had for a few months and used it one time. I really like the way it cleans. What have you cleaned in yours? I know it says you can clean Tanzanite,Opals and Emeralds but I am scared to and was wondering if either of you have tried it.I called customer service to ask them about this and their answer was if it says you can, then you can.Oh WOW! I have so many different kinds of gemstones in my jewelry and would love to use this.

For sure do not put sterling silver with any antique finish in it....it will clean it smooth off. I cleaned a ring knowing better but got caught up in the cleaning....lol! The steamer works lots better than I thought it would.

Connie

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
one of my other passions besides diamond is collecting sterling silver tableware. i have a lot of estate and antique pieces. i cry when i hear of people using tarnex or other "dip". ruins the patina and the oxidation on thec revices which is supposed to be there. also cry at any mention of dishwasher usage.

No dips! paste or cloth only.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 6:14:00 PM
Author: Sue777
Thank you SO MUCH! I''ve been waiting anxiously for some sort of answer to this question and I''ve been searching the internet for information and have come up with nothing! I even wrote to Salton Customer Service but have received no response from them, either.

I guess the answer is that I cannot put the Pandora bracelet and all the charms in there because some of them are decorated with oxidized parts for accent and highlight. But each charm is SO intricately detailed with nooks and crannies that I really was looking forward to giving it a good cleaning once in a while in the Salton, darn it. But your suggestion about the steam is a good one.... that can force some of the gunk out of the crevices I''ll bet.

Thanks again for answering.... now I can stop the frantic search for info!

Sue
Sue...you''re welcome!!! Yes, it wouldn''t be a good idea to put the Pandora bracelet in the solution as the oxidation WILL get cleaned off...but the steamer should work fine....good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results