shape
carat
color
clarity

Stepping into Lab/MMD Territory

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just placed an order for the 7-stone cluster earrings with Ouros.

That's it, no more, for this side of 2020 at least!

DK :lol-2:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just placed an order for the 7-stone cluster earrings with Ouros.

That's it, no more, for this side of 2020 at least!

Oooh, how exciting! I can’t wait to see them :kiss2:.
Have you received the second pair of ear rings you ordered yet, I might have missed your post?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, how exciting! I can’t wait to see them :kiss2:.
Have you received the second pair of ear rings you ordered yet, I might have missed your post?

No, not yet, still being made I believe.

I have asked for the third pair to be shipped with the second pair to save on shipping.

I may pay extra for DHL to expedite their arrival. :Up_to_something:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I am at it, I decided to ask Vijay if he could make a pair of simple dangles for my tiny diamond huggie earrings as interchangeable drops, in 10K WG with 6mm OEC Moissys.

Can't justify spending in the region of 2.5k USD on lab/MMD equivalent for the stones alone, so Moissy will have to do for now.

DK :))

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
While I am at it, I decided to ask Vijay if he could make a pair of simple dangles for my tiny diamond huggie earrings as interchangeable drops, in 10K WG with 6mm OEC Moissys.

Can't justify spending in the region of 2.5k USD on lab/MMD equivalent for the stones alone, so Moissy will have to do for now.

I'm looking forward to seeing all your new goodies when they arrive!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not lab/MMD, however, this is what I have asked Vijay to make for me in Moissy for my tiny diamond huggies, with 6mm OECs:

OEC_Drops.JPG

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not lab/MMD, however, this is what I have asked Vijay to make for me in Moissy for my tiny diamond huggies, with 6mm OECs:

OEC_Drops.JPG

Ooh looks lovely! Would you mind sharing price for these? I’ve got some petite hoops which would look nice with some extra sparkle.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh looks lovely! Would you mind sharing price for these? I’ve got some petite hoops which would look nice with some extra sparkle.

The 6mm OEC Moissy is listed as 75 USD each.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
My hoops will be posted this week, he advised he will send photos first.

I like the idea of the dangles!

I have also asked if he can make something like this for my daughter in two tone gold.
34E80E98-261B-48B3-B38C-CF8F4FD80D2F.jpeg
No MMD....
Due to reactions with base metals I’m not willing to risk a reaction on her face. Quoted for 10k.

He is very prompt with his replies & so polite & helpful.

Zamonster

Rough_Rock
Love the earrings! I just ordered a eternity band from Ouros, I was a little nervous but after seeing your earrings I feel a little better about my impulsive purchase lol

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the earrings! I just ordered a eternity band from Ouros, I was a little nervous but after seeing your earrings I feel a little better about my impulsive purchase lol

Good luck with your ring, and please provide your feedback when you have it, TIA.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After receiving the CAD from the vendor for the OEC drops, I have decided to can this project with this vendor, and requested for refund minus the CAD fee.

I shall then place a new order for a pair of 6mm OEC Moissy with the same vendor instead, for them to be set by the bench I use in China.

There are a number of issues with the CAD, and I am not going down the route of ping pong messaging again to try and rectify the issues, as it will be very tiresome, based on previous experience.

I shall post the CAD later once my request has been acknowledged and actioned.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Partial refund received for my 6mm OEC Moissy dangles.

I put my hand up for not being sufficiently specific enough with regard to the style of the dangles that I am after, in that I did not provide a photo of a side view, only described it in one of my message.

That was a mistake, and my heart sank when I saw the CAD.

This is the delicate look that I am after, just a thin metal wrapped around the girdle of the stones:

Capture3.JPG

However, I got this instead which is too chunky for my liking; as I said, it was my mistake for not providing a side view:

icm_fullxfull.292062012_elv9uw8if9c0gsswg8o_#1.jpg

HOWEVER, what made my heart sank was the way the two jump rings are connected in the CAD - they are soldered together!!!

icm_fullxfull.292062012_elv9uw8if9c0gsswg8o_#2.JPG

Who in the right mind would do that when I specified two rings for each of the dangle so that it can swing more freely, AND I provided a picture of my custom-made paved diamond drops for reference?!

Granted, perhaps I am being over-sensitive and melodramatic about this.

However, based on the experience of my previous custom request that did not go well, this further confirms my gut-feel and belief that, they are not really suitable for custom work for me personally, in that there is a communication issue.

I am just not getting a good rapport with them as a bench, and find the ping-pong messaging tiresome, which is a real shame.

I do like some of the offerings in both Ouros and Golden Bird, no doubt I shall return to them for more in future. However, I shall bear in mind not to engage in custom work if at all possible.

Personal experiences, opinions and all that.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My earrings arrived today, and they are very nice.

A good size for casual dressing, and very sparkly, I like them.

As they were in the box:

20201015_110730.jpg
Thanks for

In my ear:

20201015_111538.jpg

Size comparison with my nearly 0.5ct stud on its own (I don't wear it on its own, too small for my big fat earlobe) and with a 0.5cttw jacket:

20201015_113845.jpg

DK :kiss2:

Thanks for posting, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered these. I can’t wait to get them, unfortunately they won’t arrive in time for Christmas but should be here for my birthday in February.
Dipping my toes with my first MMD purchase:).

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered these. I can’t wait to get them, unfortunately they won’t arrive in time for Christmas but should be here for my birthday in February.
Dipping my toes with my first MMD purchase:).

Another Aquarius perhaps?

I have not received my second pair of lab earrings from him yet, hopefully, soon.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another Aquarius perhaps?

I have not received my second pair of lab earrings from him yet, hopefully, soon.

Yes I am!
I hope you get your second pair soon. Looking forward to seeing them.
Do you get much wear from these pretty floral ear rings?
I’ve been eyeing off the full eternity bands too :lol:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve just noticed that James Allen is selling anniversary bands with the option of MMD if anyone is interested whilst the Black Friday sale is on.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I am!
I hope you get your second pair soon. Looking forward to seeing them.
Do you get much wear from these pretty floral ear rings?
I’ve been eyeing off the full eternity bands too :lol:

Yay!

I have worn the 5-stone flower earrings more or less every day since I had received them.

They are a good size for casual wear, and pretty too.

Apart from the second pair 3-stone lab earrings, I also have a pair of Moissy earrings from his other shop too. Hopefully both pairs will arrive soon.

The 6mm OEC Moissy have arrived though, and they are very sparkly.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay!

I have worn the 5-stone flower earrings more or less every day since I had received them.

They are a good size for casual wear, and pretty too.

Apart from the second pair 3-stone lab earrings, I also have a pair of Moissy earrings from his other shop too. Hopefully both pairs will arrive soon.

The 6mm OEC Moissy have arrived though, and they are very sparkly.

Have you posted any pics of the moissy studs? I might have missed it.
I’ve had 1.5ctw studs on my wishlist forever, but with the Aussie dollar being so bad, I can’t justify paying around $3000 AU plus gst and duties on top. You don’t see a lot of moissy in Oz, so I have no idea of what it looks like in real life.
Glad to hear that you’re getting lots of wear from the studs, I’m hoping to wear them in place of my studs with my petite diamond huggies.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you posted any pics of the moissy studs? I might have missed it.
I’ve had 1.5ctw studs on my wishlist forever, but with the Aussie dollar being so bad, I can’t justify paying around $3000 AU plus gst and duties on top. You don’t see a lot of moissy in Oz, so I have no idea of what it looks like in real life.
Glad to hear that you’re getting lots of wear from the studs, I’m hoping to wear them in place of my studs with my petite diamond huggies.

The Moissy studs are the same design as the 7-stone studs I posted in #21.

I can't justify the lab version as it is more than double the Moissy version.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the purpose of disclosure, I received a free gift from Vijay with my pair of 6mm OEC Moissys.

It was a ring, made in silver, with an oval green stone that has a chip on it that I could feel with my fingernail, not my size (way too small) and not my style.

I have thanked him for it as it would be rude not to, and his generous gesture will not change my mind about not engaging his 2 shops for custom work in future.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
For the purpose of disclosure, I received a free gift from Vijay with my pair of 6mm OEC Moissys.

It was a ring, made in silver, with an oval green stone that has a chip on it that I could feel with my fingernail, not my size (way too small) and not my style.

I have thanked him for it as it would be rude not to, and his generous gesture will not change my mind about not engaging his 2 shops for custom work in future.

That was still very kind of him lol. Even if it was chipped. Oof. XD

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was still very kind of him lol. Even if it was chipped. Oof. XD

Yes, probably to make up for the disappointment of my first custom project that I had with him via Goldern Bird.

I shan't comment on what I really think about his gesture, as it is not flattering.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My second pair of lab/MMD earrings has been made, and here is a pic captured from the video that Vijay sent me, and they look very sparkly with good presence in the video on a dull day!

Vid_capture.PNG

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My second pair of lab/MMD earrings has been made, and here is a pic captured from the video that Vijay sent me, and they look very sparkly with good presence in the video on a dull day!

Vid_capture.PNG

They look lovely! Hopefully they I’ll arrive quickly.
Does Vijay always send cads then video of completed item before shipping?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look lovely! Hopefully they I’ll arrive quickly.
Does Vijay always send cads then video of completed item before shipping?

That appears to be the case so far based on my own experiences with his 2 Etsy shops, as I believe jewellery items are made to order.

Edited to say Vijay provided a video of the 6mm OEC Moissy too!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That appears to be the case so far based on my own experiences with his 2 Etsy shops, as I believe jewellery items are made to order.

Thank you, I’ll post cads when I get them, would you mind taking a look when I get them? I pretty much ordered the same as you, white gold and push backs.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, I’ll post cads when I get them, would you mind taking a look when I get them? I pretty much ordered the same as you, white gold and push backs.

Of course, no probs, however, I am not a CAD expert though.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Of course, no probs, however, I am not a CAD expert though.

[/QUOTE
Thank you, you have more experience than me :bigsmile:.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results