shape
carat
color
clarity

Steak w/Gorgonzola Butter Recipe..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Instead of having spaghetti tonite, I pitched Greg on this recipe and he gave a resounding YEA so we''re going to try it. Figured I''d post it here since it sounds VERY good. I adore gorgonzola butter steaks in restaurants!! I am going to do a seared pepper crust on the steak and then broil it.

Grilled Ribeye Steak With Gorgonzola Butter
2c Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon red wine
1/2 bunch thyme
1 shallot - chopped
6 peppercorns
1/4lb. butter - room temperature
1/4lb. gorgonzola, crumbled
6 ribeye steaks
salt and pepper, to taste
Combine wine, thyme, shallot, and peppercorns in a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup. Strain,
discard solids, and allow reduced wine to cool. Place butter in mixer and beat on low-med speed until smooth. Increase
mixer speed to med-high and slowly add reduced wine until completely incorporated. Gently fold Gorgonzola into mixture
by hand. Remove and place on plastic wrap. Form a log about 1" in diameter and seal in the plastic wrap (should resemble
a tube of pre-made cookie dough). Refrigerate 1 hour. Season steaks with salt and pepper and grill or broil to desired
doneness. Slice butter into rounds 1/4" thick and place atop of grilled steak. This butter is extremely versatile and can
be used on a variety of grilled dishes. Try it over grilled Portobella mushrooms as a vegetarian option. Gorgonzola
butter will keep in refrigerator for about 4 weeks.

18.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Yummmmm....sounds good to me!!
18.gif

Can you make it for me too?? hehe
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yummmmm. That recipe sounds great. I''ll be right over.
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe well the recipe does call for 6 steaks so if you can make it over in time for dinner, you got it!
9.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2005 5:35:25 PM
Author: Mara
hehe well the recipe does call for 6 steaks so if you can make it over in time for dinner, you got it!
9.gif
Darn it, it''s days like these that I wish I had my own private jet
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2005 5:15:59 PM
Author:Mara
I adore gorgonzola butter steaks in restaurants!!

I never even heard of gorgozola butter until now, but it sounds heavenly! I haven''t eaten beef or pork in a long time, but if I were about to do so I wouldn''t mind this being what I ate when I took that step! Wow!

Deb

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Deb it''s the best! They usually put a slice of it on the steak and deliver it to your table and then it melts all over the steak and tastes SO GOOD.

I am dying to go to the store (soon) and get all the goodies to get started on the butter. Dinner is in 4 hours!
31.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Oooohhh!
I love gorgonzola cheese.
Let me know how this is. I am always looking for new ideas.
Where do you find this stuff?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well i was daydreaming earlier about great steaks i have had with gorgonzola butter on it and thought well i bet i can find a recipe. so i did a search and found one on the sutter home recipe that was exactly what i was thinking of. so figured why not! google is the best.
31.gif

jorman, if it turns out well we'll invite you guys over for din-din next time!
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
my mouth is watering
3.gif

please tell us how it turns out!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok so we tried the recipe, it was actually very good...think next time i will double the gorgonzola to make it REALLY stinky...it wasn't quite STRONG enough for me.
31.gif
but greg loved it and the steak was good too! we did new york steaks. paired it with sauteed mushrooms and a green salad with avocado and zesty italian dressing, YUM!

oh and in terms of making it, it was very easy except for the whisking the whole wine thing into the butter, the two have to be really blended well (i used a spoon to kind of whisk it against the sides of the bowl since using anything else was not really working) which is the hardest part i found!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2005 1:06:11 AM
Author: Mara
ok so we tried the recipe, it was actually very good...think next time i will double the gorgonzola

Doubling the gorgonzola on anything would improve it! Is it necessary to use wine? I like salad dressing (vinaigrette) with a "gorgonzola salad", but it seems as if wine might distract from the butter and gorgonzola on a steak. Have you ever tried it without wine? Does anyone make it that way?

Deb

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Mara, this just sounds so delicious. I would definitely double the gorgonzola!! I have to try this one.

There is an amazing restaurant here in NY that puts different toppings on steaks--they call it a chapeau which is hat in French, very clever! Anyway, one chapeau is blue cheese and what they do is right before they serve it, the put a huge layer of the cheese on top of the steak and broil it for a minute so it makes like a crust. Absolutely delicious.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2005 2:37:39 PM
Author: curlygirl
Oh, Mara, this just sounds so delicious. I would definitely double the gorgonzola!! I have to try this one.

There is an amazing restaurant here in NY that puts different toppings on steaks--they call it a chapeau which is hat in French, very clever! Anyway, one chapeau is blue cheese and what they do is right before they serve it, the put a huge layer of the cheese on top of the steak and broil it for a minute so it makes like a crust. Absolutely delicious.
Oh... sounds yummy. Which restaurant are you talking about?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2005 2:42:32 PM
Author: AmandaPanda

Amanda, it''s Dylan Prime on the corner of Laight and Greenwich in Tribeca. It''s one of my secret hideaways! Very dark, romantic, not too masculine like other steakhouses. They also have a cool lounge area. The food is consistently good, I highly recommend it!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2005 2:48:47 PM

Date: 9/12/2005 2:42:32 PM
Author: AmandaPanda

Amanda, it''s Dylan Prime on the corner of Laight and Greenwich in Tribeca. It''s one of my secret hideaways! Very dark, romantic, not too masculine like other steakhouses. They also have a cool lounge area. The food is consistently good, I highly recommend it!
I''ve definitely heard of it. It takes practically a miracle to get my bf to go so far downtown for dinner. Maybe I can get some other friends to suggest it!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is an amazing restaurant here in NY that puts different toppings on steaks--they call it a chapeau which is hat in French, very clever! Anyway, one chapeau is blue cheese and what they do is right before they serve it, the put a huge layer of the cheese on top

Now this is what I need! Will it lower my cholesterol, too?

Deb

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Deb, I call this meal "the instant heart attack"!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2005 3:13:51 PM
Oh Deb, I call this meal ''the instant heart attack''!
Yep - the steak with gorgonzola recipe is my idea of heaven on earth but DH''s cholesterol is high and this dish would definitely be a no no. I am salivating over it as we speak! But it''s roasted chicken and rice pilaf for us tonight!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2005 3:22:08 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 9/12/2005 3:13:51 PM
Oh Deb, I call this meal ''the instant heart attack''!
Yep - the steak with gorgonzola recipe is my idea of heaven on earth but DH''s cholesterol is high and this dish would definitely be a no no. I am salivating over it as we speak! But it''s roasted chicken and rice pilaf for us tonight!
Ha Ha FG that''s defniitely not an everyday meal! Tonite we are having grilled fish and veggies.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I love gorgonzola! I can''t wait to try this one.
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results