shape
carat
color
clarity

"State of our Union" address, haha!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Finally I have something to update about!!

My boyfriend and I were asked to be in our good friends wedding next year. I am very honored that they asked. That topic got my boyfriend and I talking about whatever we would do for ours. I am not a fan of weddings and neither is he. We would elope if some family members would not get angry with us, plus there are some that I would like to have be there for that celebration. I asked my boyfriend what he would like to do whenever our time comes. We both agreed that we'll do a destination...on the beach and afterwards, a nice little dinner instead of a reception.

We also spoke about rings, something we have not really talked about yet. I told him that I have an idea what I would like. When it comes to serious purchases, he will attempt to get the most bang for his buck but I am just worried about what style he would choose!! He wants it to be a total surprise but I told him that I would like to have a little input on the ring if that's okay which he agreed to. We are going away on vacation at the end of this month to St. Thomas, USVI which I am super excited about. That is actually a location that I would consider having a wedding. He told me that he wishes he could propose in St. Thomas but he just did not have the money for a ring. I told him he didn't need one if he felt the timing was right...and he struck that down. He feels that having a ring when you propose is the appropriately thing to do and that's fine with me. At any rate, he is just waiting on switching jobs (he was an EMT and now he's a Medic so he needs to transition into another place) and pay down some debts before he makes a purchase like that. He made it seem like it wouldn't be as long as I originally had thought.

He also told me that he is worried about how he would propose that would surprise me. We've been together so long and he could turn to me on the couch and ask me and it would be just as special. But he wants me to have a "wow" factor and get excited about it. He said it wouldn't be in front of people because I hate being the center of attention so I had a sigh of relief at that. So who knows, but I am very excited that he was so open to talking about it. Turns out he's been thinking about this stuff for awhile now but I had no idea that he worried about everything like that!

:bigsmile:

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Being able to discuss these things and coming to an understanding bodes very well for
a successful and happy marriage.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Thank you MissMina. Recently we've both gotten into a place where we are thinking towards marriage now and it is nice to be on the same page and feel comfortable discussing these things (and everything else under the sun!) :bigsmile:

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
Oh yay! That's such an exciting conversation to have. It feels so great to know you're both on the same page and that things are moving in the direction you want them to. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds really wonderful! I'm so happy that you two seem to be on the same page, :)

My SO and I are actually considering the elopement thing, but if we do have a wedding, it will be small - and we were planning to just have a little dinner at a nice restaurant afterward, instead of having a reception. I'm so glad that someone else is thinking of doing the same thing! I was a little concerned that it might be strange. :)

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
shihtzulover said:
That sounds really wonderful! I'm so happy that you two seem to be on the same page, :)

My SO and I are actually considering the elopement thing, but if we do have a wedding, it will be small - and we were planning to just have a little dinner at a nice restaurant afterward, instead of having a reception. I'm so glad that someone else is thinking of doing the same thing! I was a little concerned that it might be strange. :)

I used to think that it may be considered strange, but then again, if people know my boyfriend and I, then it totally fits us. I realized that this was an option after his mother got remarried early last year. They had a nice dinner with everyone and were able to spend time with every person. It was intimate, beautiful, great food, and an all around good time. I knew that was something I wanted. And I knew that whatever wedding I would have, would be unique because it is not something everyone else I am close with is used to seeing. What better way to celebrate than being barefoot on a beach surrounded by friend and family! For me, it could not get anymore perfect than that. In the end, we get to do it our way and that's awesome ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results