shape
carat
color
clarity

State Farm Ring Insurance ad featuring interracial couple br

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
aa7485f2d2d7f1c283d258f121ad28c1.png

I saw this ad. Smiled because I'm a white woman with a black fiancé.

And then I scrolled down and regretted it. There have been a lot of articles about the responses and please remember this is graphic and don't read with a weak stomach.

Article: http://www.vibe.com/2016/12/state-farm-interracial-couple/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: State Farm Ring Insurance ad featuring interracial coupl

Ugh, how awful!!! At first I had the same reaction as you marquise madness. My heart lifted and I smiled and I felt happy and filled with love and warmth and then I scrolled down and once again realized that animals are so much better in every way than most people are. :knockout: :cry: :cry: :cry:

(Most) People in general suck. :nono: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Will we ever live in a world where people are judged by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin???? ::)

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Found a few interesting links.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/26/fashion/weddings/for-interracial-couples-growing-acceptance-with-some-exceptions.html?_r=0

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/08/19/people-say-they-approve-of-interracial-couples-but-studies-uncover-bias/?utm_term=.c580f6e3ebfc

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My first reaction to the picture was that this girl looks to be 11 years old! I wish ad people would stop doing that. The only ads with older people (older than 20) are for medications or wrinkle cream.

ETA - or Our Time. :lol:

*******s will be *******s. The internet gives the cowards a voice.

I did google this ad and found some interesting comments from what appears to be a different viewpoint - *******s on both sides. This is one that I can post here:

Yep, promoting black genocide targeting the insecure black male. I'm starting to notice that the media is pushing more interracial couples in commercials & it's mostly black men with white, biracial or ethnic white women. More programed self hatred, white worshipping & teaching black men to hate or not marry black women. And then they try & sale you "We're pushing diversity" bu**$h!t whIle trying to breed us out of existence.

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock

missy said:
Ugh, how awful!!! At first I had the same reaction as you marquise madness. My heart lifted and I smiled and I felt happy and filled with love and warmth and then I scrolled down and once again realized that animals are so much better in every way than most people are. :knockout: :cry: :cry: :cry:

(Most) People in general suck. :nono: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Will we ever live in a world where people are judged by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin???? ::)

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Found a few interesting links.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/26/fashion/weddings/for-interracial-couples-growing-acceptance-with-some-exceptions.html?_r=0

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/08/19/people-say-they-approve-of-interracial-couples-but-studies-uncover-bias/?utm_term=.c580f6e3ebfc

Disgust when viewing interracial couples? That makes me sad.

I'm in Minnesota so it's a little different than Nebraska or Missouri or the south. But I've heard "oh, you don't look like somebody who'd be with a black guy" which I don't even know where to begin.

I've also been told I'm ruined for future men since I've been with a black guy and "nobody wants you anymore."

One "ex" of mine (I had a crush on him and then he got really manipulative and abusive when we went on a date but weren't boyfriend and girlfriend) said that I'm promiscuous because of that.

Whatever. I'm happy with my fiancé.

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock

redwood66 said:
My first reaction to the picture was that this girl looks to be 11 years old! I wish ad people would stop doing that. The only ads with older people (older than 20) are for medications or wrinkle cream.

I did google this ad and found some interesting comments from what appears to be a different viewpoint - *******s on both sides. This is one that I can post here:

Yep, promoting black genocide targeting the insecure black male. I'm starting to notice that the media is pushing more interracial couples in commercials & it's mostly black men with white, biracial or ethnic white women. More programed self hatred, white worshipping & teaching black men to hate or not marry black women. And then they try & sale you "We're pushing diversity" bu**$h!t whIle trying to breed us out of existence.

d7c41d7e5911bb85ef8a5c93edd486b7.png

There are some people who think that "The Jews" are pushing interracial relationships in the media for that very reason. (Or to breed out whites?)

I believe white women and black men is more common than white men and black women. But the divorce rate for white men and black women is the lowest of any race pairing. Black men and white women are twice as likely to divorce than all marriages.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wish people would mind their own business and let others live and work in peace.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OP, so this is going to sound harsh, but you're going to have to get used to this. I'm not saying its right, I'm saying you'll have to have a very thick skin because racism is alive an well.

When you have people who have no issue calling the current first lady "a gorilla in heels" you know they'll say anything especially from behind a computer screen.

For me no shock here. I've heard worse in person.

Oh and IR is VERY common IRL. Those idiots need to get out the basement more often....

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

redwood66|1483026206|4110354 said:

I thought the same thing - the girl looks like a kid :shock: .... As far as the racial stuff, I agree that there are idiots on both sides.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

He's a terrible terrible man! :angryfire:

You're supposed to open the ring box towards her when proposing!

But then, maybe she presented him with the ring.

screen_shot_2016-12-29_at_2.png

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock

Arcadian said:
OP, so this is going to sound harsh, but you're going to have to get used to this. I'm not saying its right, I'm saying you'll have to have a very thick skin because racism is alive an well.

When you have people who have no issue calling the current first lady "a gorilla in heels" you know they'll say anything especially from behind a computer screen.

For me no shock here. I've heard worse in person.

Oh and IR is VERY common IRL. Those idiots need to get out the basement more often....

Yes, I've gotten used to it but I feel like on this scale (dozens of racist tweets) and seeing that before happy replies was the weird thing.

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock

kenny said:
He's a terrible terrible man! :angryfire:

You're supposed to open the ring box towards her when proposing!

But then, maybe she presented him with the ring.

Right???? I actually couldn't see my ring when I got engaged because it was dark out.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

That was my first thought also.
I didn't even notice or even care about the skin color.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

They also didn't show the most important part... the bling!! Where is the bling?!?!?!
lol

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

My interpretation of the ad is that she a kid, like maybe in kid sister, which is why he is showing her the ring, weirdly in someones bedroom. That's a girl kid. No way is she supposed to be the bride. I hope, I hope. I can't wrap my mind around anything else.

Annette

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

smitcompton|1483052840|4110521 said:
Hi,

My interpretation of the ad is that she a kid, like maybe in kid sister, which is why he is showing her the ring, weirdly in someones bedroom. That's a girl kid. No way is she supposed to be the bride. I hope, I hope. I can't wrap my mind around anything else.

Annette

I know right? Just creepy.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OOOH I am so sorry you had to read the ignorant, stupid, white entitled *******s who wrote those. Be assured, to me interracial relationships is a normal occurrence and something that most people don't even give a 2nd look to.

I wish you great happiness in life and you and your future husband peace and strength.. my mother had a saying, it's short, "some people", some people are just idiots and can hide behind nick etc. You are better.

peace.

:wavey: :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1483054529|4110531 said:
Hi,

Annette

Hmm to me she looks 24, if I posted my son's fiancee in this same position she would look like her twin and my future DIL is 28.. I do think most people are getting engaged and married in their late 20s.. this girl has little makeup on.. sort of refreshing..

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock

Tekate|1483055550|4110536 said:
redwood66|1483054529|4110531 said:
Hi,

Annette

Hmm to me she looks 24, if I posted my son's fiancee in this same position she would look like her twin and my future DIL is 28.. I do think most people are getting engaged and married in their late 20s.. this girl has little makeup on.. sort of refreshing..

I'm 22 and engaged, so people who look my age may look like her.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock

Karl_K|1483049856|4110503 said:
That was my first thought also.
I didn't even notice or even care about the skin color.
I thought she looked around 14 and he looks in his 30's. Also they are in a bedroom with a messed up bed and breakfast tray. So this ad could be pushing a lot of buttons. I think the scenery and the models are miss cast and poorly directed and unfortunatly it's the race that is noticed.

I resent young women being shown with itty bitty shorts. The man is completely covered. It's wrong on many accounts. She may look like some 24 year olds but with her face covered she could be 14 with braces.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

When I first looked at it I had a positive reaction, I saw the black/white.

But when I looked closer, and now the more I look at it, the more this ad totally irks me. She looks really really young.

Disgusting.

(and I say this even though I hate that word lately. I feel like people use it for everything. But this, in my opinion, deserves the word, even though I agree that she could be a very young looking girl in her 20s. But of course I don't believe that was what they were thinking when they picked her. And they made her look younger still with those shorts.)

Creepy.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I choose to see a man who surprised his lady love with breakfast in bed and a marriage proposal. What I don't see, and I can''t believe no one else has mentioned it, is a stone in the ring. It is either nonexistent or too small to see without a microscope. Her hands are covering her face not in joyful surprise but because she's appalled by being proposed to with what looks like a lug nut. Or maybe she has something stuck in her teeth.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

The popular vernacular is to say "curated". I guess that means no one has to proof the final product Regardless of the language and message, the AD is badly done.

E.g: Two perfectly poached/pert eggs in the background with a young woman very casually dressed....yet her partner is fully clothed and leaning in...enough said.

If he is proposing why is the box facing toward him?

ugh

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1483242909|4111249 said:
... If he is proposing why is the box facing toward him?

She proposed to him and he accepted the ring.
... you know how progressive State Farm is.

That's why we should all move our insurance polices to State Farm, because ... Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, State Farm is there. :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1483243982|4111250 said:
canuk-gal|1483242909|4111249 said:
... If he is proposing why is the box facing toward him?

She proposed to him and he accepted the ring.
... you know how progressive State Farm is.

That's why we should all move our insurance polices to State Farm, because ... Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, State Farm is there. :appl:[/quote

Forgive my Canadian (frozen) brain...I supposed "he" would be clutching his face like women in engagement ads "usually" do. Missed that because in no way is this a stereotype.

Daisy Duke shorts.....pert eggs....State Farm. Nothing here either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results