shape
carat
color
clarity

Starting to put togther the proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

countingdown

Shiny_Rock
Now that the stone has been purchased and Mark Morrel has begun to design, I need to start thinking about the proposal. We are going away in August for a week to the Four Seasons in Punta Mita and this is when I plan to do it. It will be from Monday to Sunday and my initial thoughts were to do it Friday night. Now I am thinking that I might not want to worry about the ring all week long. I am going to ask the hotel if I can store it in the master vault. Do you think this is safe? Another thought is if I did it the first night we were there, she would have all week to show off the ring, not to mention the suspense of waiting tell Friday might kill me. The downfall of monday would be that we both might be tired from flying all day. I would also like to have at least a day togther to relax and get spa treatments, as well as a couples massage. Anyway I am just brainstorming so your feedback is appreciated.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh this is so exciting. I for one would do it at the beginning of the trip, that way you have the whole trip to celebrate and she can show off her ring and such. I would be a nervous wreck waiting until friday. Also when you get to the hotel you can get the help of the concierge to plan something really special whether it be putting candles and rose petals in your hotel room, or presenting the ring during a romantic dinner. The possibilties are endless. Good luck, I am so happy for you and can''t wait until this happens and you can tell me all about it!!!!!
1.gif

countingdown

Shiny_Rock
Thank Kaleigh for the feedback. Currently I have the the private chef reserved for Friday night but now you got me thinking about changing it to earlier. In addition I have already spoke with the hotel about having Rose petals,Champagne and candles in the room after dinner when I propose. The hotel offers to options for private chef. 1. you cannot do it on the beach which is what I have originally had reserved but after reading reviews I changed it two the second option which is atop the cliff overlooking the ocean. I am going to post pics of both that the hotel sent me. What day do you think I should do it?

opt1.JPG

countingdown

Shiny_Rock
This is the one I chose.

opt2.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good choice, you can't go wrong with that!!!!! I still say do it ealier than later. That way you won't be a wreck plus you get to celebrate during your vacation as a newly engaged couple. I love thei idea of your room being flooded with rose petals and candles for when you return to your room after the proposal. Sooo romantic!!!!
30.gif

phawk

Rough_Rock
Wow, this is so romantic!!! The Punta Mita Four Seasons is a great location and I just love the place you chose to propose. I would definitely recommend proposing earlier on in the week. I am sure she would want to show off her ring, etc.. Does she have any ideas that a proporal is coming?? GOOD LUCK!

countingdown

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the comments. She has an idea I think, but I have been saying it would be so romantic to do it at the end of the year around the holidays so its more of a surprise. Either way she will be happpy.

roadpupp

Rough_Rock
I went to Mexico with my fiancee to propose. She had no idea. I thought about when I wanted to do it, and decided that the second night was best. I didn''t want to have to worry about sneaking around setting it up all week and knew it would make our time there more special after she knew we were engaged.

I am glad I did it that way. I used the in room safe for the ring.

I had them decorate the room with rose petals, candles, champagne while we were out and dinner and then proposed on the beach. When we returned to the room, she started crying all over again.

I am sure it will be great, from what you have written. Good luck.

countingdown

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the feedback, tell me how you got the ring through security and customs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results