shape
carat
color
clarity

Starting to Freak Out!

A

Anonymous

So I'm down to less than 4 months and suddenly time is FLYING by. I keep finding things that are left undone, I'm worried about logistics of things. I'm a mess. Is this a normal "oh crap!" or am I truly behind? The wedding is in NY, we're in CA. So that makes it a bit harder logistically speaking.

Things done
My dress and accessories, wedding party dresses (girls only), colors, flights, hotel arrangements for oot guests, venue booked for reception and ceremony, menu picked, alcohol/bar sorted, seating arrangements, table numbers and centerpieces, favors decided but in progress - candy table that's about 80% done, flowers (being handled by family), rings are ordered, registered for gifts (minimal, just in case someone asks for it), photog (half done, it's complicated), band, list of key photos, guest book, rehearsal dinner location/menu/guest list, brunch for oot guests next day location/menu/guest list, transportation, invitations purchased, but not done (DIY kit), passports ordered

Things to do
find someone to do my alterations/fittings, wedding party gifts, gift for FMIL, guys attire, cake, license, hair and makeup decisions/appointments, vows, pay for rings, readings, pick music for ceremony/reception, cake topper, rings engraved, compose/print/address/send invitations, program

Ok...am I missing any super important task? Am I on target and just need to relax or am I really as behind as I feel? Argh! :rolleyes:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I know how you feel. I'm six months out, and planning the wedding from another country (which basically means I'm not planning except when I'm back home). Having said that, you've done a lot more than I have so I think you can safely relax.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I think you're very much on the ball and can stay calm.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
you've done LOADS already.

Look at the list of what you haven't done, and pick the most important ones to do first.

It looks like the licence is most important if you plan to have a civil ceremony on your wedding day.

Next, i would say invitations!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
You're doing very well. :))

I would prioritize doing things that require OTHER people to be available on your wedding date. So, order your cake and get your hair & makeup appointments made.

Things like gifts can be pushed back somewhat - since it just requires YOU to go out and do something, it isn't quite as urgent. Same for picking songs.

A

Anonymous

Thanks ladies! I think my biggest fear at the moment is if I've somehow forgotten a crucial detail that requires a lot of lead time. I'm trying to relax though. ::)

I agree on the whole other people thing. I would feel a lot better if my FI had all of his attire worked out. I guess I'm just a Nervous Nelly. :lol:

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Tammy, I think your list looks great, Except for...

IMO, you really need to find someone to make the cake and do the make-up/hair.

If you are having your wedding on a Saturday, those Hair/Make-up appointments can book up very quickly... especially if you want the people to come to you.

You're doing great!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results