shape
carat
color
clarity

Started looking for upgrade today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
So today my husband and I were having lunch when suddenly HE suggested that we take a look at some diamonds!!! Well, how does a girl say no to that?!
11.gif
So we went down the street and started looking at some loose stones for a (possible) upgrade. I currently have a very beautiful .75 G VVS2 princess, and we were looking at some 1.00-1.15 princesses. Some were just an absolute ''no'', but they had a couple very nice ones. My husband really surprised me in that I think he may seriously indulge my ideas for an upgrade in the near future!!! yeah!!!
9.gif

Anyway, wanted to share my excitement with people who appreciate this kind of thing, and also I have a silly question: how do you get the salesperson/jeweler to let you see the stone in the outside light? Can you take it out there? I want to get the stones away from the lighting in the store that is designed to make it look better, you know?

Thanks so much!!!!
26.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
What a NICE hubby!!! I will never hear those words from mine...LOL When we were looking at stones, I too wanted to see them in natural light, so I just made sure the stone was secure in that holder thingy and walked over to the window. I think the jeweler freaked out
23.gif
but we were going to drop some $$$$ and I wanted to truly see if my "I" was going to face white or look yellow after it was in the real world. I''m glad I did that, it helped me eliminate stones that I just might have purchased otherwise. You must promise to keep us posted on your upgrade journey
35.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Libster! I will defintely keep you posted, I''m addicted to this place
9.gif
In fact, I think that''s what contributed to him getting the idea to look. I talk about PS *at least* once a day. I think he may just be trying to shut me up
3.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WoooHooo!! What a nice afternoon delight!! Diamond shopping with Hubby!!
3.gif

Like Lib said,........ Just walk over to the window and view in natural light. Of, if you have to, ask the clerk to walk outside with you so you can see the diamond in regular light. Most will be more than happy to help you, or have the owner/manager go with you.
1.gif

Fingers crossed for ya, gal!!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for you, how exciting!!
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
How exciting Irish Eyes! Yes, a little afternoon delight!

I still remember exactly where we were driving when my hubby told me that I could get a new stone for my wedding ring by the end of the year. It was such a treat to know that it was going to happen!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehee the other night at dinner with my parents, my Mom slyly asked Greg how long I'd had my ring...then goes...'oh 3 years now? Didn't you agree to an upgrade in 5? How is that coming along?'.
11.gif

I was secretly giggling and surprised at the same time because she's not that into jewelry, and I never expected her to say that at dinner as it was kind of out of the blue. BUT she does love to cause trouble...just like her daughter.
9.gif

Greg just laughed and said...'She just self-upgrades.'...which is SO TRUE. Forget waiting for him to tell me it's time...I come to him and say..guess what..IT'S TIME!
31.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2005 8:43:47 PM
Author: Mara
Hehee the other night at dinner with my parents, my Mom slyly asked Greg how long I''d had my ring...then goes...''oh 3 years now? Didn''t you agree to an upgrade in 5? How is that coming along?''.
11.gif

I was secretly giggling and surprised at the same time because she''s not that into jewelry, and I never expected her to say that at dinner as it was kind of out of the blue. BUT she does love to cause trouble...just like her daughter.
9.gif

Greg just laughed and said...''She just self-upgrades.''...which is SO TRUE. Forget waiting for him to tell me it''s time...I come to him and say..guess what..IT''S TIME!
31.gif
Kind of like when a woman has a baby...."It''s TIME!" I guess only a woman knows when it''s time for a new diamond to be born.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
hehehe!!! you guys crack me up!
3.gif
That is SOOOO true, the ''it''s time!''.......
Yes, I''m very excited that he''s relaxed somewhat on this. I know it will still be awhile and it wont happen tomorrow or anything, but I can start the research phase!!!!

Mara - I''m lovin the ''self-ugrade'' thing! I''ll keep that in mind......
11.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
IrishEyes,
You have inspired me, and Mara I just informed hubby that it would soon "be time"
11.gif
Of course he just laughs at me. I also decided while I was going down that road to suggest that it was also time to upgrade my diamond studs, too
11.gif
11.gif
Oh and by the way, a diamond bracelet won''t be far behind. I then heard snoring coming from his chair
20.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to have been some inspiration!!
2.gif
Have you upgraded before? What did/will you do with your diamond? I''m probably going to put mine in a pendant. I have a feeling though that DH is going to want me to take my time with this
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha...I told Greg about this thread and he just laughed. These guys are SOO tolerant....
31.gif

Lucky for me he knows that diamonds are my vice and whereas I am willing to cut back on things like clothes or purses or dog boutique shopping...I have to have new or upgraded sparklies every so often! Everyone has their weakness...
9.gif

My tactic is to expound upon how this is SAVING us money later. Or how I got a GREAT DEAL on a HARD TO FIND item. He often says I should have been a lawyer...
41.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yea, I know what you mean about cutting back, I''m going to have to give up some clothes and shoes shopping for awhile! Oh well, It''s worth it to me...

Who cares what outfit you''re wearing, everyone will be blinded by the bling anyway
10.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results