shape
carat
color
clarity

stars without make-up

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s nice to see that they look completely drab and ordinary like the rest of us when they''re not all glammed up. I tend to think that these people are just supernatural beauties...and honestly, they aren''t - they look like regular people.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well this thread did my heart good. Thanks.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t see why these images are shocking... if I don''t wear makeup, I am drab and boring looking. I get compliments frequently on my makeup or (from people who aren''t makeup savy) just on how "fresh" my face looks. Everytime I do, I think to myself, "They wouldn''t be saying the same thing if they saw me at 6am this morning when I rolled out of bed."

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I wouldn''t call them shocking exactly. We''re just so used to seeing these celebs looking totally perfect that when they look natural, it takes getting used to.

Ellen - seeing this was good for my self-esteem, too.
4.gif
It''s hard not to compare yourself to these seemingly perfect beauties when you''re constantly being bombarded with images of them!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i love when i see these pictures in us weekly or whatever. i really don''t wear very much makeup at all, no patience for it, so i look kind of the same every day. but sure when you have someone very talented bringing out your best features, hiding your dark circles, patching up blotching skin etc...it''s awesome. but in general most of us just have regular ole skin and beauty!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t say being make-upless tends to make a person look drab and boring - I''d much prefer to call it a natural look since that is our true face. Having makeup on would be an enhancement without surgery.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 11:04:02 AM
Author: Maisiebelle
Ashanti
6.gif

I thought this was a joke one! I thought that was a guy on the left!!
6.gif

I always thought cameron diaz was just blah as well-I never thought she was pretty

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 2:42:55 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Well, I wouldn''t call them shocking exactly. We''re just so used to seeing these celebs looking totally perfect that when they look natural, it takes getting used to.

Ellen - seeing this was good for my self-esteem, too.
4.gif
It''s hard not to compare yourself to these seemingly perfect beauties when you''re constantly being bombarded with images of them!
Exactly.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 2:39:03 PM
Author: MissPrudential
I don''t see why these images are shocking... if I don''t wear makeup, I am drab and boring looking. I get compliments frequently on my makeup or (from people who aren''t makeup savy) just on how ''fresh'' my face looks. Everytime I do, I think to myself, ''They wouldn''t be saying the same thing if they saw me at 6am this morning when I rolled out of bed.''
I was laughing one time to myself when my FI''s friends were talking about girls who "need makeup" to look as good as they do when they go out.....if he only knew that half of the girls he''s talking about who "don''t need makeup" wear makeup, just strategically so they don''t look like they are he''d be shocked!!

I''m def a girl who needs makeup, dark circles under the eyes, uneven skin tone and just bla without eyeliner, bronzer and mascara.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness Ashanti! I thought it was a joke, too. I''ve always thought Jessica Simpson looked better without much makeup on, too. She just naturally pretty, I think.

*M*

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2007 2:50:45 PM
Author: Mara
hehe i love when i see these pictures in us weekly or whatever. i really don''t wear very much makeup at all, no patience for it, so i look kind of the same every day. but sure when you have someone very talented bringing out your best features, hiding your dark circles, patching up blotching skin etc...it''s awesome. but in general most of us just have regular ole skin and beauty!
You are so lucky that you can get away with not wearing makeup. You are a natural beauty with that flawless skin and those cheekbones that I''d die for! OK, I hate you! jk.
3.gif
If I leave the house without makeup, someone inevitably asks me if I''m feeling ok or if I''m tired.
20.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is horrible that men can get away with the natural look but women are pressured to wear makeup (or they''ll be labeled as plain or worse, ugly).

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 3:12:43 PM
Author: Chrono
I think it is horrible that men can get away with the natural look but women are pressured to wear makeup (or they''ll be labeled as plain or worse, ugly).

Yes, it is really annoying. Not only is it bad that society as a whole does it, but that many women play into it. They get up in the morning and look in the mirror and think they aren''t good enough. I only wear mascara and not all of the time, but it took me a long time to get to that point because I was convinced that I needed a full face of makeup to look great... just not true!

*M*

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I love this - they are only mere mortals! Certainly can make us all feel better.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
One thing you have to bear in mind though is that the ''beautiful'' shots of the stars are set up - sure they are wearing make up but they are also POSING. In the every day shots of them, they are walking down the street, eating something, in the middle of talking, blinking, etc.

Have a friend take a photograph of yourself posing and then have him/her take on of you when you don''t expect it and see the difference.

Make up does play a big role in how they look but that''s only part of it.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 3:07:05 PM
Author: KristyDarling

Date: 3/20/2007 2:50:45 PM
Author: Mara
You are so lucky that you can get away with not wearing makeup. You are a natural beauty with that flawless skin and those cheekbones that I''d die for! OK, I hate you! jk.
3.gif
If I leave the house without makeup, someone inevitably asks me if I''m feeling ok or if I''m tired.
20.gif
lol me too!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
heidi klum.

hk220012.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has anyone else wondered this, or is it just me?

I feel like, if I wear make up (which I do), why would I not wear it sometimes? To me, I want to put my best face forward all the time, not just sometimes.

If you only do it sometimes, why do it at all?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 5:44:59 PM
Author: Ellen

I feel like, if I wear make up (which I do), why would I not wear it sometimes? To me, I want to put my best face forward all the time, not just sometimes.

yep. feel the same. but at the same time, i wish i could have that wow factor that it seems people that don''t wear make up much get when they do wear it.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock

Honestly Ellen, I am too lazy sometimes......but I really don't wear much makeup so I don't think there is that much of a difference (yah right heather
37.gif
). Ha! lol

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

Even though I wear make up all the time.....my daily make up is different than my "WOW" best-face make up.

Daily makeup: Just to look fresh and awake. For me it''s lipstick, eyeliner, brow pencil.

WOW makeup: Foundation, powder, blush, mascara, eyeliner, shadow, lipliner, brow pencil.......basically, the works!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 6:15:16 PM
Author: jaysonsmom

Even though I wear make up all the time.....my daily make up is different than my ''WOW'' best-face make up.

Daily makeup: Just to look fresh and awake. For me it''s lipstick, eyeliner, brow pencil.

WOW makeup: Foundation, powder, blush, mascara, eyeliner, shadow, lipliner, brow pencil.......basically, the works!
I would think that most stars (without their make-up artists) should be able to accomplish this on their own. Wonder these gals would want to risk being photographed like that!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
asscherisme, I was going to say the same thing about Oprah. I saw the show she did a while back on that very topic. She''s been very honest about her aging, though she looks fantastic on a day-to-day basis. Of course, had I amassed the fortune she has, I''d look superb too.
20.gif

ps. First post! Whee! Been lurking a while, figured that this was a solid place to begin.
9.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock

I hope this doesn''t sound conceded... but I think I look good without makeup, so I really don''t need it all of the time. I don''t need foundation or blush or anything like that, and sometimes I think that makeup can weigh a person down and make them look TOO done up, even if it''s all blended well, because you still can tell that the person has make up on. And this probably sounds stupid, but sometimes I don''t wear it to remind myself that I don''t NEED it in order to look good. I look great just being myself, and I would like to think that the difference of me without makeup vs. with it isn''t Ashanti type difference, lol! However Ellen, you do make a great point that I never really thought about! Sometimes I wear makeup, and sometimes I don''t. It just depends. Although I find that if I''m down in the dumps I tend to go without make up for a while and then pick a day where I use eyeliner and the works, and that always makes me feel a little better. Am I vain, you may be asking?? Lol, I hope not!

*M*

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 1:54:48 PM
Well this thread did my heart good. Thanks.
Ditto that...at least I feel normal now.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 6:20:41 PM
Author: poptart

I hope this doesn''t sound conceded... but I think I look good without makeup, so I really don''t need it all of the time. I don''t need foundation or blush or anything like that, and sometimes I think that makeup can weigh a person down and make them look TOO done up, even if it''s all blended well, because you still can tell that the person has make up on. And this probably sounds stupid, but sometimes I don''t wear it to remind myself that I don''t NEED it in order to look good. I look great just being myself, and I would like to think that the difference of me without makeup vs. with it isn''t Ashanti type difference, lol! However Ellen, you do make a great point that I never really thought about! Sometimes I wear makeup, and sometimes I don''t. It just depends. Although I find that if I''m down in the dumps I tend to go without make up for a while and then pick a day where I use eyeliner and the works, and that always makes me feel a little better. Am I vain, you may be asking?? Lol, I hope not!

*M*
Lucky you....it''s not conceited if it''s fact.

Funny thing is, I have a friend that clearly should wear a little make up (or at least get out of pajamas-looking clothes, and brush her hair) because she always looks like she just rolled out of bed...and she wonders why she doesn''t feel any confidence, and can''t get ahead in the work place. Make up is a great mood booster, and I don''t have the guts to tell her that she needs a little work.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 6:37:41 PM
Author: jaysonsmom
Date: 3/20/2007 6:20:41 PM

Author: poptart

*M*

Lucky you....it''s not conceited if it''s fact.

Funny thing is, I have a friend that clearly should wear a little make up (or at least get out of pajamas-looking clothes, and brush her hair) because she always looks like she just rolled out of bed...and she wonders why she doesn''t feel any confidence, and can''t get ahead in the work place. Make up is a great mood booster, and I don''t have the guts to tell her that she needs a little work.
Well, I think makeup does help boost your self-esteem, and I do always wear work appropriate makeup, but not usually on the weekends. I am surprised that your friend doesn''t wear make up to work! Maybe she needs help and doesn''t know how to apply her it. I bet if you said, hey, let''s get all done up and have a girls night out, and you did her makeup, it might help. I had a friend who refused to wear makeup for the longest time, and I felt bad saying anything, but the truth was that she just didn''t know how to put it on. Once we showed her, she liked that look and started wearing it more.
*M*

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the responses!

jcrow, I know what ya mean there too.

hlmr, hey, at least your honest!
9.gif
You prolly don''t need any.
2.gif

jaysonsmom, see, I only have one look. I personally don''t like eyeshadow and lipstick on me. I feel too made up. I like it on other people, just not on me. lol Maybe that''s why I can''t get that wow factor.
9.gif

Julianna, welcome to PS!!

poptart, that doesn''t sound conceited, that sounds lucky girl!
2.gif
And I think maybe that''s what I''m secretly wishing. If I could feel confident walking out of this house without make up, I would, all the time! Frankly, I find it a pain in the a$$ sometimes, but it does make a difference, with me.

marvel, who knew?
9.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Well . . . I don''t wear make-up unless I am attending a wedding or other such highly social event. I usually just wake up, shower, brush my hair and get dressed and out the door . . . never thought much about it. Is it so unusual to not wear make-up? I have never worn much make-up, ever . . . and have never thought much about it but it sure sounds like I am in the minority here. I spend a good deal of time running around at work and most days I have to go to the mouse facility for my experiments and end up a royal mess by the end of the day. Is it just my line of work? About half the other women on my floor who are scientists wear make-up and the other half don''t. Those of you that wear make-up everyday what do you do for work? Any other scientists out there? Do you wear make-up?

When I do wear make-up people''s eyes will practically bulge out of their head in surprise . . . guess maybe I usually look such a disheveled mess that the thought that a relatively pretty girl exists underneath is a shock? Hahaha
After seeing some of those pictures, I feel like maybe I should put a little something on my face everyday?

Nice thread, made my day to know that these gorgeous women can also look "normal" sometimes.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally believe in the power of artful makeup!!! these women have flaws too, good lighting, good makeup and airbrushing save the day.

Sometimes if I totally skip makeup and I have had a rough night with my insomnia, people will say I look tired. My best beauty secret? Look bad most of the time, then when you go to the effort of putting on makeup you can only look great. I have had people who know me more casually see me all made up and done up, hair done etc, and say, Oh my god I did not recognize you...you look great...(so that means I look like **** all the other times?!) thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results