shape
carat
color
clarity

Starbucks got you in a tissy?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you upset about the excular Starbucks holiday cup?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.. I think it's stupid.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And as I realize this may seem like a religious thread, I'll try and say to keep this holiday and "PC" related.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is this Fivebucks you speak of?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I honestly can't imagine getting worked up over a SB coffee cup. All I have to say is that some people must have waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too much time on their hands if they're complaining about a paper cup :rolleyes:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1447121791|3947561 said:
I honestly can't imagine getting worked up over a SB coffee cup. All I have to say is that some people must have waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too much time on their hands if they're complaining about a paper cup :rolleyes:

Word.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly - you're expecting an open discussion if you're asking people if they're "in a tissy" over something?

But no, I don't care.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's what I think about those you are worried about cups,

starbucks_cups.jpg

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I want the original logo cups back, complete with boobies and suggestive 'spread-legs' tails. People got all high and mighty over that too.

_35221.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a cup for hot drinks. Nope.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I could think when I saw that headline (Starbucks hates Jesus) was "are you kidding me?"

Sometimes I seriously want to move to a different country. Or planet. People just take it too far when it's totally unnecessary.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My atheist self has been giggling about the comics this has spurred all day!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say though that the media much more in a froth over this so-called uproar than actual - uhm - real people. One guy posts his displeasure and the media whips it up into a supposedly far-reaching controversy. Starbucks must be thrilled!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1447126247|3947576 said:
Honestly - you're expecting an open discussion if you're asking people if they're "in a tissy" over something?

But no, I don't care.
Honestly - I suppose no, I think everyone here is rational enough not to be upset by it.
But you're right, a condicending tone for a topic title.
My apologies to anyone genuinely upset by any perceived war on Christmas

Plus its spelled wrong anyways :lol:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1447119603|3947539 said:

Kenny, Kenny....PLEASE get it right: it's CHARbucks. Worst.coffee.ever. regardless of what decoration/color of cup, regardless of the amount of frou frou you add to it. It's the coffee equivalent of single malt highland scotch - like drinking a house fire.

But fivebucks? Pretty steep it's true, although I suppose it's a small price to pay when your persecution complex is parched and needing an infusion of wounded to stay upright.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as I get my coffee, you can put it in a mason jar, I don't care.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1447168623|3947747 said:
kenny|1447119603|3947539 said:

Kenny, Kenny....PLEASE get it right: it's CHARbucks. Worst.coffee.ever. regardless of what decoration/color of cup, regardless of the amount of frou frou you add to it. It's the coffee equivalent of single malt highland scotch - like drinking a house fire.

But fivebucks? Pretty steep it's true, although I suppose it's a small price to pay when your persecution complex is parched and needing an infusion of wounded to stay upright.

Yes worst coffee. If it isn't drowning in sugar, it tastes like BO

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
While I'm not a huge fan of SBs, I wouldn't say that it's the worst coffee ever - I'd say those tiny little one-cup machines with the bag of single serve coffee that you sometimes find in hotels is much, much worse... :sick: I don't typically choose to go to SBs, but if a friend wants to go, it's the only place available, etc. then I'll go and I'm fine with it.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:cheeky:

_35224.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I'm actually upset that people are upset about this haha. Worry about real shit people!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I was a Starbucks customer, which I am not, I could see complaining that the holiday cups were not decorative enough. If you are one of those people panting over getting your Pumpkin Latte, and holding a festively decorated Starbucks cup is something you look forward to in the holidays, yes I could see being disappointed in the cups. But being war on Christians? What do snowflakes, snowman, ornaments in trees really have to do with baby Jesus? Nothing. And I also think it was a few people complaining of this that really got blown up by the media, because that's what the media does, pit people against each other. :rolleyes:

Actually you could make an argument the plain red cups are more Christian, than the usual cups: In the Christian symbolism, it denotes Holy Spirit. Greek orthodox dye eggs red for Easter, symbolism of birth and rebirth. Pretty fitting for Jesus's birthday, right?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

The Evangelical Christians ought to be embarrassed by this ridiculous outcry. Crazy is crazy and that is what scares me about this country. The crazies are given too much power, by using the media for everything. I really don't find this funny, Its too stupid for me.

Annette

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Sacramento Bee's take on it :lol: :

Understated Starbucks holiday cups have some customers seeing red
Some say Jesus Christ healed the sick and died to redeem humankind. Little is said about his views on the Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/#storylink=cpy

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1447176227|3947848 said:
The Sacramento Bee's take on it :lol: :

Understated Starbucks holiday cups have some customers seeing red
Some say Jesus Christ healed the sick and died to redeem humankind. Little is said about his views on the Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/#storylink=cpy
I was gonna say something about the 'basic b!tches' but I'll refrain...

ETA-
“I went in,” he said in the video. “I asked for my coffee. They asked for my name. And I told them my name is ‘Merry Christmas.’”

The result?

“Guess what, Starbucks?” Feuerstein said. “I tricked you into putting ‘Merry Christmas’ on your cup.”
There is a whole website somewhere of starbucks purposely misspelling peoples names (Its marc with a c : carc)..They are gonna be soo pissed if that starts happening with this

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1447169642|3947767 said:
Now THIS is a cup I'd overpay for and carry around.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

... but would you think too much about the cream in those cups? :lol:

rainbow_cups.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1447187415|3947921 said:

When you said "cream" I thought of the famous cream puff scene in "Modern Family". Stay tuned for about three minutes and it comes up in this trailer. I think it may be my favorite moment from that show and I love so many moments from it!

Cream Puff Scene...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSTXPyyQ4Ng

Deb/AGBF

rainbow_0.png

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AGBF|1447188798|3947929 said:
kenny|1447187415|3947921 said:

When you said "cream" I thought of the famous cream puff scene in "Modern Family". Stay tuned for about three minutes and it comes up in this trailer. I think it may be my favorite moment from that show and I love so many moments from it!

Cream Puff Scene...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSTXPyyQ4Ng

Deb/AGBF

OMG, that trailer was fantastic.

I actually prefer the multi color cups too. They are much prettier than the boring ones...

Wink

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Honestly,what the hell?

The cups are red, green and white if you count the cap.
How more christmas-y colors do you know?
Then I had no idea snowflakes were Christian (see the twitters about this)!
Hilarious.
And yep Starbucks is way overroasted , gives me heartburn every time... Bed coffee sign in my book... :cheeky:
And now,I have Modern Family in my TV queue no thanks to you guys. I have resisted until now (I know I am crazy but it is 140 episodes!!!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results