shape
carat
color
clarity

Stair Step Goshenite

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Minous and I both, without knowing the other was doing so, purchased asschers cut by Dan Stair last week.
Mine is a Goshenite, quite colorless and seemingly flawless even with strong loupe. Any stuff you see in the stone is stuff that got on its surface after it got to me, or that it is reflecting from the room which is to say much the same thing. It picks up colors from the environment, really it only borrows them. It is 1.5 carats, 6.68 x 6.66 x 5.35 by my measurement. I wish I could have gotten a pair, by which I mean two. As the stone is still pictured on his website (I think I got it the day it was listed) I wont post his pic here. Anyone wanting to see it can see it there.

stairstep.jpg

_15804.jpg

_15805.jpg

_15806.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

stairstep4.jpg

stairstep5.jpg

stairstep6.jpg

stairstep7.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

stairstep8.jpg

stairstep9.jpg

stairstep10.jpg

stairstep11.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

stairstep12.jpg

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
it is lovely! really soothes my OCD symmetry tendencies! what are you going to do with it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one heck of a crown!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Is that the crown or the pavilion?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the first few pictures with the profile view are the crown because the pavilion should show a pointy culet. If it isn't, then the stone will have one heck of a huge culet. :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it. Can you take photos on a background with more contrast so we can see the faceting better? It looks like a cool stone, VL. Dimensions?

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn't sure what goshenite was though I've heard of it before. Now I know it is colourless beryl. Nice pics and stone.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Dimensions are 1.5 carat, 6.68 x 6.66 x 5.35
It is kind of like photographing a jellyfish

stairstep20.jpg

stairstep21.jpg

stairstep22.jpg

stairstep23.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

stairstep24.jpg

stairstep25.jpg

stairstep26.jpg

stairstep27.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

stairstep28.jpg

stairstep29.jpg

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

This is a very timely buy from you Vapid. I too, would like to see the cut better from a distance. My question and comments are:

On one of the new shows the gem hunters were on a mission to find a mine that rumor had it had mucho clear beryl. They said it was so valuable that they immediately upon hearing of the new discovery in the Himalyas rushed off to beat everyone other gem hunter to it. This of course is goshonite (sp) I knew there was such a gem, but never thought it was so valuable. Is it?

Well, these guys treked up the mountain with a sherpa and , while finding the mine and miners , found only a little, They brought $200,000 in cash with them. I guess the money was burning a hole in their pocket as they then went and purchased a Kasmir sapphire. without have any way to check its authenticity.
I really enjoyed seeing them in the mountains, freezing their butts off. To me these guys were for real, albeit not very careful buyers.

According to them you have something very valuable. I hope its true.

Nice!
Annette

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The 2nd group of photos are clearer, thanks. Nice! I couldn't tell much from the 1st ones -- thought maybe it had a keel culet or whatever it's called. Anyway, cool, VL! I'll bet that's a hard one to shoot.

--- Laurie

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it's a really cool stone too - the pic that Stair had up was amazing, and it sounds like you're really happy with it - congrats :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results