shape
carat
color
clarity

St Thomas Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
21.gif
Has anyone stayed at the Morning Star Resort at Frenchman's Reef?
We've booked a beachfront room & are most likely going to get married at their gazebo up on the cliff overlooking the water... LINK

Also booked the Westin on St John for the honeymoon, as it happens to fall during the hockey playoffs & we'll need a TV (so Caneel's out)
2.gif

Been doing research on both places but would luv some more opinions... Thanks so much!
1.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Let us know how it goes... I am very interested in doing the same. When is the date?

I'd like to do April '05

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I think it'll be too late for you to use my feedbk
2.gif
we're getting married 05/05/05, after having gotten engaged 04/04/04
1.gif

VH, you have the most interesting avatars! I luved the piggy!
9.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I think Nicrez got engaged in St Thomas. Maybe you should PM her for opinions or look up her engagement story here. She had lots of thoughts and details.

St John is a beautiful island and much less commercial than St Thomas. I think it would be a great place to honeymoon.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks lop
1.gif
i did get the idea from a couple of places (PS being one of them) that the Ritz Carlton on St Thomas wasn't worth the extra
22.gif
& that Frenchman's is nicer than the Wyndham...

I've been to both St Thomas & St John (years ago) but didnt stay at either of these places...

Originally we wanted to get married in Hawaii, but then realized it's a looong flt from NJ/NY for everyone... whereas St Thomas is a 3 1/2 hr direct flt & the weather should be great that time of the year.
21.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/11/2004 10:42:14 AM alexah wrote:

I think it'll be too late for you to use my feedbk
2.gif
we're getting married 05/05/05, after having gotten engaged 04/04/04
1.gif

VH, you have the most interesting avatars! I luved the piggy!
9.gif
----------------

Thanks. I like your anniversary date selections!

The Pig is from a comic strip called Pearls Before Swine (www.comics.com/comics/pearls) and the Nugget Peep is actually from a sticker that was handed to me on the street from PETA. I just scanned it and lopped off the PETA part. I don't particularly care for some of their more radical tactics... but I am all for the ethical treatment of animals... before I eat them. (I've read Fast Food Nation and in the middle of Dominion and plan on reading the Jungle.)

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
When I was younger, I'd eat anything my parents put in front of me but after college & living on my own for nine years thereafter, i've found my choice in meats to be chicken or turkey (& seafood) - i can't remember the last time i've had (or wanted) veal or beef.

So "groomzilla"s considering runnin away to da islands for da weddin, mon?
1.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
With discovering the insane costs attached to weddings, there is something very attractive to a SMALL destination wedding, yes.

That doesn't mean I can't be a controlling perfectionist still though!

1.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
OK VH - so I went on the Knot & these four nice ladies let me look at their wedding pics from Frenchmans - they really came out luvly & they had nothing but positive things to say about the whole experience
21.gif
So it's all systems GO (to the VIs). YAY!
9.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome!

Destination wedding is a no-go for the VH. But that's ok!

epicuriangirl

Rough_Rock
Hi Alexah,

I stayed at the Ritz and Fisherman's Reef in May (because the Ritz was overbooked the last night). I think you'll love it but it will be breezy! The location is breathtaking. And it's a cheap ride into Charlotte Amalie and the local nightlife.

Have you picked a time? This might be important unless you don't mind incoming/outgoing cruise ships as your backdrop. The onsite coordinator should be able to advise you on this. When we were there, the Queen Mary 2 was parked in front of the hotel b/c it could not fit in the harbor.

As for St. John's, I hope you like hiking. It's a wonderful place for nature lovers. I hope this helps!
-epicuriangirl

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
That helps a lot epicureangirl - Thanks so much!
appl.gif

We are getting married at sunset - we're booked for the 5:30p timeslot (05/05/05 at 5:mad:x).

I'll be happy for the breeze - i'm not big into hot weather.... and, yes, we DO luv nature & enjoy hiking - it sounds wonderful!

Can you recommend any places to hike in St John?
St Thomas i've been to but St John i only spent a day on so any ideas would be much appreciated - thanks again!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results