shape
carat
color
clarity

SQUEEEE!!!!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
my bf let it slip that he put a deposit on a diamond!!!! it's a 1.5ct cushion cut--that's all I know... going to look at settings over the weekend! so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Yay!!!! How exciting!!!!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Super exciting! Have fun shopping for settings! Do you know what you want?

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I have been all over the place making a decision. when he first took me shopping i decided i wanted a super-simple bezel or half-bezel with no sidestones or pave. 1. i was mortified by how much the settings were after he is already spending so much. and 2. i thought i had to have something set super low with no prongs or else it would catch and smack on everything. but after spending so much time lurking around pricescope ans talking to people IRL, it seems that this is not a huge problem. and my guy keeps saying that he can afford it, the money is not an issue, and most importantly he just wants me to have something really special that i love and we are both proud of.

so after much time scouring pricescope, i think i want something vintage-inspired. i love the simplicity of Haven's solitaire (but my guy wants something more ornate and blingy), and i love the victor canera "sophia" http://www.victorcanera.com/jewelry/engagement-rings/the-sophia-french-cut-solitaire.html.. maybe something with french cut sidestones and some engraving and filigree? my guy fell in love with this setting at the jewelers, so we will check it out over the weekend: http://www.alekvartan.com/collections.cfm?CollectionID=100&ShowItem=SM8433&StartRow=17

we'll see!!!!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
oh, and i loooove color! my guy's bday is in May and my favorite color is green so maybe i will incorporate some emeralds? or sapphires? i'm not sure. i think i'll get a better idea once i try stuff on!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
VERY exciting!

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
So exciting!!!!! :appl:

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Great! :appl:

aliceinwonderland

Shiny_Rock
Oh I love the 'Sophia' it's super pretty and more unique, not something you seen as often!
Excited for you!
:) Alice

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I see the Sophia quite a bit around here, but I've never seen anything like it in real life. My guy and I went to the jeweler today and looked at some different styles. I definitely printed out pictures from PS and brought them with me! Super excited! Hopefully I have a ring in the next couple months!!!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Did you end up choosing one, or did you select some styles and your BF will make the final decision?

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I brought pictures of what I like to the jeweler, but ultimately it's up to him. I know he has a budget, and I don't want him to spend more than he is comfortable with. He had good taste, and he knows what I like so he will work with the jeweler to design something in the style I like that's within his budget.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
tuffyluvr|1312756062|2986061 said:
I brought pictures of what I like to the jeweler, but ultimately it's up to him. I know he has a budget, and I don't want him to spend more than he is comfortable with. He had good taste, and he knows what I like so he will work with the jeweler to design something in the style I like that's within his budget.

So exciting - can't wait to see hand pics when it's all done! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results