shape
carat
color
clarity

Squeaky wheels gets the grease but wrong grease

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
After stalking my jeweler everyday for the last two weeks, I finally got my wedding band. (He dragged his feet so much on FI''s that the price of Palladium went up by 25% so we did not get it from him and have no plans to order from him again).

I had originally ordered a 3 sided eternity band, with milgrain, antiquey looking pave band but because of costs, I had to change it to something else. I wanted something like the Nouveau or Cirque ring from Blue Nile but with bigger stones. So imagine my surprise when I opened up the box and found this:

band 2.jpeg

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think it looks antiquey
39.gif

band 3.jpeg

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Is something wrong with me? I just don''t love it. It looks generic.

cupcake band side.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
it's very pretty, but not so antiquey. What did you end up asking for? it looks like a channel set eternity band that also has prongs, not pave, and definitely not three sided...

If you asked for one sided, large pave and/or a channel set band you may like it a lot more if you just have milgrain added to it. if not, then it may not be what you asked for in which case I would return it and get something else.

it is very pretty and looks great with your solitaire though.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 12:55:20 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
it''s very pretty, but not so antiquey. What did you end up asking for? it looks like a channel set eternity band that also has prongs, not pave, and definitely not three sided...

If you asked for one sided, large pave and/or a channel set band you may like it a lot more if you just have milgrain added to it. if not, then it may not be what you asked for in which case I would return it and get something else.

it is very pretty and looks great with your solitaire though.
hi agree with Bella - it does look great with you ring. But if you are not 100% happy, then maybe you should return it?

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
After I found out that the 3 sided pave band was about $2k more than what we wanted to spend, I had asked that the jeweler make it with one side, pave style. I sent him this picture for reference, but asked that it be with larger stones so it's close as possible to 1ct.

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-eternity-ring-platinum_12762

At this point, I don't think returning is an option seeing how long it took to get this one in the first place. I did try this ring on at the store but nixed it because it did not look antiquey enough. I am hoping that it will grow on me, I guess.

The funny thing is that I wanted the band to look antiquey because FI refused to even consider changing my solitaire setting because he like it as is, even though I have told him I like my jewelry more ornate. So the compromise was that my band would be antiquey. I think it wouldn't have been such a big deal if one of the rings/settings had been antiquey which is more my style.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm here's the Cirque. It's definitely pave, which your ring is not.
7.gif
Can you return it to him?

ETA: Just saw your reply. I don't understand why you can't get your money back. Was this a custom job?

AB90503100_main.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
if you can''t return it I would get milgrain on the edges and then get a really ornate stacker for an anniversary, like a van craynest or beverly K...

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, I think it''s really pretty. Agree with Bella, I would maybe add milgrain on the edges if you want the antique look.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 1:26:09 PM
Author: Laila619
Aww, I think it's really pretty. Agree with Bella, I would maybe add milgrain on the edges if you want the antique look.

Yeah, thought about that....unfortunately, if I did that, I am going to end up with a ring that looks like my old wedding band from my 1st marriage. That is partially the reason why I did not want this ring in the first place.
7.gif

I just keep telling myself it's just jewelry and it's the marriage that counts. So it, hopefully, will grow on me. I am now nervous that my wedding dress (to be delivered today) is going to have some kind of problem with it too.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s beautiful. No, it doesn''t scream "antique", but it''s gorgeous in its own way.

Honestly? In other circumstances, if it''s not what you had in mind I would suggest kicking up a fuss. But seeing as it''s custom, and remembering your previous thread and how awkward the jeweller has been, I personally would just keep it and grow to like it. I don''t see how he could change it without a complete remake - and I''m not sure I''d trust him to do that.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry it''s not what you wanted. I like the look of it a lot, though.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/26/2010 1:29:17 PM
Author: cupcake*muffin
Date: 2/26/2010 1:26:09 PM

Author: Laila619

Aww, I think it''s really pretty. Agree with Bella, I would maybe add milgrain on the edges if you want the antique look.

Yeah, thought about that....unfortunately, if I did that, I am going to end up with a ring that looks like my old wedding band from my 1st marriage. That is partially the reason why I did not want this ring in the first place.
7.gif

I just keep telling myself it''s just jewelry and it''s the marriage that counts. So it, hopefully, will grow on me. I am now nervous that my wedding dress (to be delivered today) is going to have some kind of problem with it too.

I would sell it then, although you may only get half what you paid. I am very sentimental about w-bands and would want it to be perfect from the beginning (and certainly not to remind me of a past relationship).

I have learned after many attempts at trying to get what I want on a budget that it is just better to save up and go for the real deal the first time
1.gif

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
If adding milgrain to the sides makes it too much like your previous wedding band, I wouldn''t do it. However, the sides look reasonably wide enough to get some engraving/chasing on there to make it more "antique" looking. I know there are a number of Pricescope vendors that can do this, although the names escape me at the moment - maybe someone else knows?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results