shape
carat
color
clarity

Spring Must Haves!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I just watched the movie Proof with Gwyneth Paltrow and I really like her denim coat that she wears in that movie. Hmm, wonder where I can get something similar.
31.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, I''ve been dying for an espadrille upgrade and I saw these in the VS catalogue so I thought I''d give them a try for $25. I was very skeptical about buying shoes from them but they just arrived and I LOVE them! I got the natural color because it''s more practical for me. They fit perfectly and give a good deal of height without being uncomfortable...

vsespadrille.jpg

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
And because I don't know how to put more than one photo in a post, I also bought these from VS in the silver sequin. I thought they looked cute and I was looking for something in sliver so I took a chance and I really like them! They're really fun and comfortable.

vssequin.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
those are so cute CG...

i think i am a freak because i am dying for a pair of espadrilles but i don''t want lace up or over 2.5" heel and they are SOOO hard to find!!!! i love the look of the high heels but i am 5''8" so i don''t like to wear too high of a heel. any ideas??!?!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of espadrilles, but so far I have not found any to be super comfortable.

You are right, Mara, most of the espadrilles I like have a heel of 3 to 4 inches. The lower ones are too low. Finding any in between 2 or 2.5 is hard. I buy a lot of shoes from Zappos because I like to shop on line and with free return shipping, there is no hassle. Sometimes their prices are a little higher than the stores, but as I live a good 25 miles to any good shopping, I still make out. I checked out all the espadrilles at Zappos, but the only espadrille with a 2.5 heel is this. I''m not sure if I really like it though.

zapposespadrille.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
see Lil I love the bottom part, heel part of that but not the frou frou flower thing...if they were slides they''d be perfect!!!!

verra hard to find!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, (it''s me again, ha ha) I wanted to tell you that zappos does have some slides that aren''t too high in espadrille styles...I was thinking you could wear them with your Charlotte capris.
2.gif
I spend way too much time on PS, for cryin out loud.
20.gif

Although I''m 5''10", I still love the look of 3"+ heels! I also love anything with an ankle strap or shoes that have laces around the ankle. Btw, my DH is 6''5", so wearing heels around him I don''t feel too tall AT ALL, which is one of the reasons I was attracted to him in the first place, ha ha!

I got these from J.Crew and "puffy heart" them:

navyesp.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
also in espresso, backordered (dammit)

brnespd.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and these from VS, also backordered until mid-May, in brown:

can someone please tell me how to combine pics in one post, or direct me to a tutorial if one exists, lol!

vshaurachi.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh monarch i have been looking at espadrille's all day online...heheeh.

i like these from boston proper, they are something like $60. two lips shoes are fun, i have a few pairs. also i found a pair i want at ninewest and there was a pair i love at zappos of michael kors that are a toe ring espadrille but they don't have my size...wah!

raffia boston proper.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here are the nine west ones, i think they are sooo cute. they are bamboo soles.

SOHOTRPD.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and these are cute too!!

vs espadrille thong.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and i think these are too cute but they are 3.5" heel!! yikes~

there was a pair on nordys that i LOVED (if you go to www.nordstrom.com its on the homepage!) but they are 4.75" tall, insane...that looks so painful!

vs studded.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh and these are super cute but 4"...yikes!! but $55.

vs wedge.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ouch! I just looked at the nordstrom link! Those are cute but wow are they high! I refuse to wear platforms--it interferes with my driving ability, I can''t get used to the different pressure needed when pressing the pedals in plats vs. reg. soles.

The others you posted are super cute! Do you remember 10-15 years ago, when espadrilles and "haurachi''s (sp?)" were in style? I had the cutest pair that looked similar to the style I posted above from JC, only they were about a 2.5" heel and all natural-linen-colored with ankle wraps...even in high school I was 5''10" but couldn''t stand the thought of wearing high, high heels because I was a little insecure about my height. I remember when Sam & Libby ballet flats were popular, and now that style is back. Now it''s our turn to say "are we getting old, or what?"
9.gif
Oh well, I rocked those flats back then, but now I embrace my height and sometimes wish I were a couple inches taller so I don''t have to have my JC "tall" pants hemmed, ha ha!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
There's a huge, multi-page espadrille spread in the new REAL SIMPLE issue ... if one abides by the rule "you wore a trend once, you can't wear it again" one might have to skip it - if one = as old as me. *SOB*
39.gif

ETA: hee hee ... I said "thread" in REAL SIMPLE ... too much time on Pscope me thinks!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahah the funny thing is i never was into espadrilles at all before, and now this season i am dying for some. i think the rain is turning my brain to mush!!! so deco i guess i can wear them this time around then???

but wedges are back too, they were just in what, 4 years ago? i still have 2 pairs from then, ha ha so i guess i don''t have to buy any new ones this time around.

i''m buying a few from VS to try...might as well put my money where my mouth is!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, I have some Steve Madden wedges from college (5-6 years ago?), with brown braided leather strappiness going on (love them)...I've worn them infrequently but will definitely pull them out again this season and am glad I didn't give them away. Next, Mara, the last pair of bronze metallic VS slides you posted are hot! I love the combo of metallic/natural in espadrilles this year! You better buy those and post pics with diamond toe rings included!!!
31.gif
2.gif

deco: I just read an article in the Chicago Sun-Times about how although the wedge is back and a huge trend this season, it can be really bad for your tootsies as far as balance, etc. And wow, are you right, every 10 years or so things come back and we all go "I remember when..."!
20.gif

So here's an "I remember" for ya: when I was a kid of about 5 or 6, my mom had tons of shoes I used to play dress-up in, some of which were summer sandals. 3-4 particular pairs of said summer sandals were wedges with cork soles and I thought they were the ugliest things ever and wouldn't touch them! I was all into her pumps and stilettos, lol! I guess at the time it was the '80's and I was trying to look like Madonna or Cyndi Lauper, ha! She still has all those retro shoes and now that the wedge is back with a vengeance, I wish I were a shoe size smaller so I could wear them! Damn genetics--I got my dad's big footsies!
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 10:42:13 PM
Author: Mara

but wedges are back too, they were just in what, 4 years ago?

I know ... the fashion cycles are getting so fast ... peg legs are showing back up, what''s next ... ACID WASH?

I''m tempted by all the shiny new Epspies - but I fear I''ve worn them on a couple times back through the endless handtowel contraption called STYLE. I''m pretty sure they can be seen in 7th grade graduation photos, or were those Dr. Scholls ... or Jellies?

Anyone else ever have those ghastly stacked heel clogs that looked like Cowboy Boots in the front??
23.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 10:54:40 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 4/13/2006 10:42:13 PM

but wedges are back too, they were just in what, 4 years ago?

I know ... the fashion cycles are getting so fast ... peg legs are showing back up, what''s next ... ACID WASH?

I''m tempted by all the shiny new Epspies - but I fear I''ve worn them on a couple times back through the endless handtowel contraption called STYLE. I''m pretty sure they can be seen in 7th grade graduation photos, or were those Dr. Scholls ... or Jellies?

Anyone else ever have those ghastly stacked heel clogs that looked like Cowboy Boots in the front??
23.gif
God forbid!!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I have been seeing those white eyelet skirts everywhere. You can probably get one in any price range you want.

I saw some really cute, comfortable looking espadrilles at Lord and Taylor this am. They said Lord and Taylor on them but I can''t find them on their website.

Can you guys tell me how to post a pic here from a website? I know how to post my pics but not web pics.

Swedeabroad

Rough_Rock
monarch64,
Very cute J.Crew sandals! I wish we had more variety and more shops where I live now. Thank god for the internet and my dear friend in the U.S! It''s getting hot here and it''s already 32-36C. I would like to find a new bikini that I will probably order from Victorias Secret. I also need a new DvF-wrap dress and lots of skirts and Superga shoes. A new pair of sunglasses from Chanel would also be nice
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2006 4:02:11 PM
Author: Swedeabroad
monarch64,
Very cute J.Crew sandals! I wish we had more variety and more shops where I live now. Thank god for the internet and my dear friend in the U.S! It''s getting hot here and it''s already 32-36C. I would like to find a new bikini that I will probably order from Victorias Secret. I also need a new DvF-wrap dress and lots of skirts and Superga shoes. A new pair of sunglasses from Chanel would also be nice
31.gif
Thanks Swedeabroad--I bet it is great to have the internet so you can take advantage of all the cute styles! There are a few colors of the espadrilles I posted that are on sale for $59.99 right now at J.Crew if you are interested.

MARA! I saw a gal this weekend wearing the super high 4.75 inch espadrilles that were on the Nordstrom''s site (white ankle wraps), who was also wearing the same outfit as the model had on--white skirt, and whatever else it was. I immediately thought of you. She didn''t look to be in too much pain but then again it was a Sunday and I doubt she had them on for very long!

Btw, Boston Proper has some super cute stuff! I got the catalog because the pics on their website are so tiny, even when I click on "larger image!" I love this skirt and would''ve ordered it, but I found a Chaudry one this weekend that was very similar and about $30 cheaper so i got that one!

824289_lg.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
very cute monarch!!!

i went to DSW this weekend with my SIL and got 3 new pairs of shoes so it was a great outcome...and i have my two VS shoes i ordered, though one is backordered til like JUNE. bummer.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2006 4:26:09 PM
those are so cute CG...

i think i am a freak because i am dying for a pair of espadrilles but i don''t want lace up or over 2.5'' heel and they are SOOO hard to find!!!! i love the look of the high heels but i am 5''8'' so i don''t like to wear too high of a heel. any ideas??!?!
Are you kidding?? If I were 5''8" I''d be wearing heels all the time! (and isn''t Greg like 6''6" or something? It''s not like you''d have a Tom Cruise/Nicole Kidman thing going!) What I wouldn''t give for your height! You can look elegant in anything! I guess the grass is always greener.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results