shape
carat
color
clarity

Spring Cleaning

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't do spring cleaning anymore. We've downsized hugely (look, an oxymoron!) and now I just keep up on it as I go. :)

We did also. Windows , yardwork all hired out.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I like to go through my wardrobe to see what I still like and want to wear for the coming season and purge what no longer suits me. I make sure the summer clothing is clean and take the items to the tailor that need repairs or alterations. I update my wardrobe "wish list" with items that need replacing (similar to my sparkly wish list -- I buy items slowly, one at a time, and buy high quality classic pieces that will last for years and years. I may only buy one new piece per season.) I remove the pills and lint my cashmere sweaters make sure they are neatly folded in a sealed hanging shelf so the moths don't munch on them during the summer.

Same with my makeup and toiletries drawer. I throw out all the old samples that I never used and make sure makeup brushes are clean and in good condition and I don't need any refills of mascara, lipstick, perfume, etc.

I change out the bed linens, putting away the heavy winter comforter and flannels and put on a summer quilt and cotton sheets.

I wipe down the window sills inside & out after pollen season and dust down the front door and change out the wreath to something more summery.

I schedule yard maintenance which this year is a lot because we had a bad freeze and lots of things died and the things that survived need to be cut way back to encourage new growth.

I take the dogs to the groomer and have all their old winter undercoat "furminated" out.

I make sure nothing (like mail, papers, etc.) accumulates in corners of my house and go through/file/throw out everything that is lurking.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to go through my wardrobe to see what I still like and want to wear for the coming season and purge what no longer suits me. I make sure the summer clothing is clean and take the items to the tailor that need repairs or alterations. I update my wardrobe "wish list" with items that need replacing (similar to my sparkly wish list -- I buy items slowly, one at a time, and buy high quality classic pieces that will last for years and years. I may only buy one new piece per season.) I remove the pills and lint my cashmere sweaters make sure they are neatly folded in a sealed hanging shelf so the moths don't munch on them during the summer.

Same with my makeup and toiletries drawer. I throw out all the old samples that I never used and make sure makeup brushes are clean and in good condition and I don't need any refills of mascara, lipstick, perfume, etc.

I change out the bed linens, putting away the heavy winter comforter and flannels and put on a summer quilt and cotton sheets.

I wipe down the window sills inside & out after pollen season and dust down the front door and change out the wreath to something more summery.

I schedule yard maintenance which this year is a lot because we had a bad freeze and lots of things died and the things that survived need to be cut way back to encourage new growth.

I take the dogs to the groomer and have all their old winter undercoat "furminated" out.

I make sure nothing (like mail, papers, etc.) accumulates in corners of my house and go through/file/throw out everything that is lurking.

I did the linen swap over today! I need to take the duvets in for cleaning--waiting for the drycleaners with their Spring coupon event for blankets, etc.

I know you live in a warm State--but we have such weather (4 distinct seasons) all the time that changing the coats over is a huge chore for me. Takes me a few hours, to wash, pack etc which seems ridiculous .

Sorry about your landscaping. That storm was crappy!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I did the linen swap over today! I need to take the duvets in for cleaning--waiting for the drycleaners with their Spring coupon event for blankets, etc.

I know you live in a warm State--but we have such weather (4 distinct seasons) all the time that changing the coats over is a huge chore for me. Takes me a few hours, to wash, pack etc which seems ridiculous .

Sorry about your landscaping. That storm was crappy!

Yes, I bet you have a lot more coats than I do! And heavier comforters for your bed too!

My one true winter coat is very old, from thirty years ago when I was a teenager and lived a lot further north! I still wear it down here in Texas once or twice per winter, late at night to walk my dog. Its an old LL Bean down-filled coat I've named "Big Puffy." They don't make them like that anymore! Probably weighs 10 pounds!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I bet you have a lot more coats than I do! And heavier comforters for your bed too!

My one true winter coat is very old, from thirty years ago when I was a teenager and lived a lot further north! I still wear it down here in Texas once or twice per winter, late at night to walk my dog. Its an old LL Bean down-filled coat I've named "Big Puffy." They don't make them like that anymore! Probably weighs 10 pounds!

Like wearing a comforter! :) You get a work out wearing it!

My CG parka is substantial but a comfortable weight. Super warm--unfortunately we need that here. I walked in -31C and was toasty.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just put flannelette sheets on the bed for the first time this year :(2
Gary said its too early - it was 17 degrees today but its cold at night and i was so toasty in bed last night it was nice !

Ive recently done a big new organization of the linen cupboard and have put away the summer weight cotton blankets and the summer duvet covers, i need to move the flannel sheets down lower for the winter

Right now im cleaning the dishwasher - we only use the dishwasher once or twice a week - sometimes not at all
i can't find the instruction book
Gary didn't realize you have to actually clean it like the washing machine !
The filter was so gross :-o how does my hair get in there ? :doh:

Never clean the outside of the windows - my mum reckoned it made it rain :lol:
But the big lounge windows need a good clean on the inside, especially as with Gary's eyes we have hardly had those curtains open for 18 months - tomorrow maybe .....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just put flannelette sheets on the bed for the first time this year :(2
Gary said its too early - it was 17 degrees today but its cold at night and i was so toasty in bed last night it was nice !

Ive recently done a big new organization of the linen cupboard and have put away the summer weight cotton blankets and the summer duvet covers, i need to move the flannel sheets down lower for the winter

Right now im cleaning the dishwasher - we only use the dishwasher once or twice a week - sometimes not at all
i can't find the instruction book
Gary didn't realize you have to actually clean it like the washing machine !
The filter was so gross :-o how does my hair get in there ? :doh:

Never clean the outside of the windows - my mum reckoned it made it rain :lol:
But the big lounge windows need a good clean on the inside, especially as with Gary's eyes we have hardly had those curtains open for 18 months - tomorrow maybe .....

I do have a sheet rotation schedule--always by May 1st are things changed over. My DH likes flannelette sheets while I do not. I bought new down duvets two years ago for all the beds--went crazy, bought the top end. They are amazing, not too hot or cold. Just right. We use them year round without rotation. But my son likes a lighter weight down coverlet in the summer. Like the kind you find in the Hotels in Hawaii.

What a difference clean windows make. Like having your cataracts removed with a new IOL.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do have a sheet rotation schedule--always by May 1st are things changed over. My DH likes flannelette sheets while I do not. I bought new down duvets two years ago for all the beds--went crazy, bought the top end. They are amazing, not too hot or cold. Just right. We use them year round without rotation. But my son likes a lighter weight down coverlet in the summer. Like the kind you find in the Hotels in Hawaii.

What a difference clean windows make. Like having your cataracts removed with a new IOL.

My sister hates flannel shirts while her his hand loves them
but sister buys the sheets not husband !
Gary is never overly keen
For a few weeks of changes i have to do one fluffy and one nornal
By labour day he doesn't want the nornal cotton ones to go back on :lol:
Sometimes wives just have to make the descions around the house !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results