shape
carat
color
clarity

Splurge for the suite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

popthebigone

Rough_Rock

Here''s my dilemma. I REALLY want to get a nice hotel room since I hope to only propose once in my lifetime. I know the GF will think it''s totally frivolous, but if I''m only doing this once, I want it done right.

Sooooo, I have a few options of suites. I can go with a presidential suite (sq. ft ??) for $900 a night or a regular suite (720 sq ft) for $450 a night at one hotel. Or I can go for a casista suite (1,000 sq ft.) for $525 a night or a VIP suite (1,100 sq ft) for $795 a night at another hotel. The second hotel is on the bay, so I''m thinking it may be a bit more romantic.

I''m leaning toward the VIP or casista suite at the second hotel. Anyone have any opinions regarding spending a lot of cash on a hotel room for that special night. I''m a really frugal spender in my everyday life, I just want this night to be as special as it can for my GF. Plus, for anniverssaries and what not, I would like to be able to go back to the same room we stayed in for the proposal. I would rather it be a big suite rather than a small room.

What do you think?

Here''s my dilemma. I REALLY want to get a nice hotel room since I hope to only propose once in my lifetime. I know the GF will think it''s totally frivolous, but if I''m only doing this once, I want it done right.

totally frivolous
9.gif
I think that is the point

I have a few options of suites. I can go with a presidential suite (sq. ft ??) for $900 a night or a regular suite (720 sq ft) for $450 a night at one hotel. Or I can go for a casista suite (1,000 sq ft.) for $525 a night or a VIP suite (1,100 sq ft) for $795 a night at another hotel. The second hotel is on the bay, so I''m thinking it may be a bit more romantic.

if the suite''s in the second hotel look out into the bay, go with that one.

I''m leaning toward the VIP or casista suite at the second hotel.

go with your gut

Anyone have any opinions regarding spending a lot of cash on a hotel room for that special night.

it is one night, but it is a special night! you will remember it for the rest of yours lives, you want it to be perfect. it is a one-off expense, go with the best

I''m a really frugal spender in my everyday life, I just want this night to be as special as it can for my GF.

I am very frugal, but I think that makes it all the more special when you do spend money on quality and luxury

Plus, for anniverssaries and what not, I would like to be able to go back to the same room we stayed in for the proposal. I would rather it be a big suite rather than a small room.

that is a really nice idea! go with the best you can afford, don''t worry about the cost too much, just enjoy your special night!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is really sweet!! If you can afford it and it won''t significantly decrease your e-ring, wedding, honeymoon, or everyday expenses budget, go for it and enjoy your special night with your brand new fiancee!!

Oooh!! If you''re worried about arriving at the suite with her and her going on about "you shouldn''t have!! Can we really afford this?" etc. before you can find the moment to propose, you could send her on a romantic scavenger hunt throughout the city, with the final clue leading her to the hotel''s front desk, where they''ll have a key waiting for her and you''ll be on your knee just inside the door to the suite when she walks in!

Why is it I have all these great proposal ideas when I''m not the one who gets to propose to me? LOL!

popthebigone

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies so far. The price is not going to break me, my GF has just taught me to be a penny pincher these past for years so I could save for her ring, so it goes against everything that''s been instilled in me [$$)]. I''m the guy at work who brings a can of chef boyardi every day so he doesn''t have to spend $5 on lunch.
20.gif

JC - thanks for the suggestion. Actually, she will be doing a scavenger hunt of sorts. You can read about it here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-proposal-your-opinions.22405/

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Awww!!!! She is going to melt!!! Sorry I missed that thread, you''ve got an amazing proposal in the workings! Great job!! and good luck!

35.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Size isn''t so much the issue, but the question is what kind of amenities are we talking about? Does one have a significantly bigger tub or a large terrace or a better view?

popthebigone

Rough_Rock
Hest88,

I chose to go with the VIP suite at the hotel on the bay. The other hotel was in the city. While I would like to say I''ve stayed in a presidential suite at least once in my life, I feel that the atmosphere of the other hotel will be better since it''s on the water. I''m not sure what amenities the suite of the city hotel had. The VIP suite seems pretty nice: wet bar, full size fridge, jacuzzi tub, and a full bay view. I think it will be perfect.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
This post is funny to me because, when I saw the bill for the suite my fiance got for our engagement, I started freaking out and telling him it was too much money. But, I have to admit that it was THE most romantic proposal ever (17 dozen long stem roses, rose petals everywhere, my favorite champagne, and LOTS of candles) and I really look forward to going back there for significant anniversaries. And, like you, he''s normally a frugal guy which is why I couldn''t believe he went so above and beyond. Honestly, I think that''s part of what made the whole thing even more romantic--it''s the first time money hasn''t mattered to him (he makes a good salary, but with me not working right now (I''m a student) he likes to save a lot). At any rate, I think the view is KEY to the proposal, but a slightly larger room is extremely nice. Having a nice bath tub, couch, breakfast nook and so forth really does make the experience better.

No matter what you decide, I''m sure she''ll love it. How could she not with you putting so much thought into it? Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results